Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests

EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by Michael Everett   » Sun May 26, 2019 2:47 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

smr wrote:Why should I vote for your candidate? Convince me!

Well, mybe you could convince us by listing your own candidate's achomlishments.
I'm sure that simply transcribing his notes would be a good start...[/size][/quote]
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by cthia   » Sun May 26, 2019 10:09 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Annachie wrote: Not before 2019 anyway.

Annachie, you were right so far, don't think I missed that fact, or the apology I owe you. Though I hate it that you were right on this accord, and that you may possess some sort of sixth sense. Perhaps you're cheating and using some sort of special talent, like Honor.

'OUCH!'

It's insane that one of the main reasons impeachment isn't gaining far more ground is because of the can of worms it might open and what it may come to mean in the future. We don't want to instigate a childish volley of tit-for-tat. If a democratic president is elected and the Repubs have control, they could send him packing for pissing on the toilet seat. There's also the real danger of riling the republican voters to dig in like ticks. Regardless, there is a responsibility to checks and balances and exercising the rights of government, out of a sense of the right thing to do, and not shrinking from fear.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Dilandu   » Mon May 27, 2019 1:45 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

cthia wrote:It's insane that one of the main reasons impeachment isn't gaining far more ground is because of the can of worms it might open and what it may come to mean in the future. We don't want to instigate a childish volley of tit-for-tat. If a democratic president is elected and the Repubs have control, they could send him packing for pissing on the toilet seat.

Considering the current level of internal hostility between two parties, it seems that this is exactly the reason. Both sides feared that they would be caught in a circle of constant attacks against each new president, basically paralyzing the government activity.
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by cthia   » Wed May 29, 2019 6:53 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

This is why I love The Washington Post.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Michael Everett   » Wed May 29, 2019 11:15 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

cthia wrote:This is why I love The Washington Post.

Yep, that is one nice paywall.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by gcomeau   » Thu May 30, 2019 12:15 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

When you know Trump is actually writing his own gibbering twitter rants instead of having staff fire them off:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 1510378501

Russia, Russia, Russia! That’s all you heard at the beginning of this Witch Hunt Hoax...And now Russia has disappeared because I had nothing to do with Russia helping me to get elected. It was a crime that didn’t exist. So now the Dems and their partner, the Fake News Media,.....
Post by smr   » Thu May 30, 2019 12:26 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

OK Gcomeau, I won't call you in idiot but I will say this when Trump is reelected after the Demoncrats have impeached Trump. I will say this, I told you so. Remember, they have tried to kill the President both figuratively and literally, Trump will show no mercy in the upcoming investigations into the Spying on Trump and other Americans. As Gcomeau is fond of calling Trump a King and a tyrant. Long Live King Trump! :D
Post by gcomeau   » Thu May 30, 2019 12:54 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote: As Gcomeau is fond of calling Trump a King and a tyrant. Long Live King Trump! :D

Yeah, I expect you to be a big fan of his conduct at this point.

https://twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/sta ... 9335980032

The White House wanted the USS John McCain “out of sight” for Trump’s visit to Japan. A tarp was hung over the ship’s name ahead of the trip, and sailors—who wear caps bearing the ship’s name—were given the day off for Trump’s visit.

Because you know, he's such a towering example of Presidential Character by your standards.
Post by Daryl   » Thu May 30, 2019 8:40 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

As someone living in a different democratic developed country I find this post to be quite ironic.
In our system any hint of our operational head of state getting personally involved in a legal proceeding that involved him would lead to an outcry and his ousting. You seem to think that this possibility is a good thing?
Incidentally I must have missed the attempted literal killing?

smr wrote:OK Gcomeau, I won't call you in idiot but I will say this when Trump is reelected after the Demoncrats have impeached Trump. I will say this, I told you so. Remember, they have tried to kill the President both figuratively and literally, Trump will show no mercy in the upcoming investigations into the Spying on Trump and other Americans. As Gcomeau is fond of calling Trump a King and a tyrant. Long Live King Trump! :D
Post by gcomeau   » Fri May 31, 2019 12:01 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Daryl wrote:As someone living in a different democratic developed country I find this post to be quite ironic.
In our system any hint of our operational head of state getting personally involved in a legal proceeding that involved him would lead to an outcry and his ousting. You seem to think that this possibility is a good thing?
Incidentally I must have missed the attempted literal killing?

smr wrote:OK Gcomeau, I won't call you in idiot but I will say this when Trump is reelected after the Demoncrats have impeached Trump. I will say this, I told you so. Remember, they have tried to kill the President both figuratively and literally, Trump will show no mercy in the upcoming investigations into the Spying on Trump and other Americans. As Gcomeau is fond of calling Trump a King and a tyrant. Long Live King Trump! :D

smr likes to post like he's joking about cheering for "King Trump" but his conduct has made it clear that he is a pretty big fan of authoritarian leaders as long as they say things he likes and make the liberals angry.

So yeah, he thinks the president of the country co-opting the law enforcement functions of the country to pursue personal vendettas is a good thing, because those vendettas are against the OTHER political party that he doesn't like and he's incapable of grasping where this leads despite the many lessons of history.

Because of course that can't happen HERE. Because the USA is so special.

Return to Politics