Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by gcomeau   » Tue May 07, 2019 6:11 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:<blah blah blah... taunting and off topic idiocy... not addressing a single point in the posts I am replying to...

Yeah, when you feel like being an adult and addressing the actual arguments being made we can talk.
Post by smr   » Tue May 07, 2019 6:22 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

gcomeau wrote:
smr wrote:<blah blah blah... taunting and off topic idiocy... not addressing a single point in the posts I am replying to...

Yeah, when you feel like being an adult and addressing the actual arguments being made we can talk.

If you had any valid arguments, I would respond but you don't. So I will continue to mock you! You have been wrong for 3 years and lost for 3 years. That tells me that your just a gluten for punishment. I know the Demoncrats are for Medicare for All, free college, Reparations, and get Trump. That might play with the Radical Base but does not help win the Independents. Trump takes the Independents and that means 4 more years!
Post by Joat42   » Wed May 08, 2019 2:37 am

Joat42
Admiral

smr wrote:<blah blah blah, I don't believe or care about facts that don't fit my worldview>

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by smr   » Sat May 11, 2019 3:31 am

smr
Vice Admiral

1) Can I see Nancy and Chuck's Tax Returns. They are both millionaires. On what Grounds?...I don't have a right to see someone else's tax returns whether I agree with them politically or not.
2) Can I continue the witch hunt against Trump and against his family because he beat us in 2016 election.
3) You want the underlying evidence (Grand Jury Testimony) that's illegal! If they want that testimony change the law.
4) On what legal grounds do you want his Tax Records? To see if he violated Campaign finance Law.
5) After 4 investigations it's time to close the book!
6) The more I see the response of what the Demoncrats are doing, the more they remind of Stalin and the Communist Party. Hey did not they raid Roger Stone's House in the middle of the Night! What happened to that evidence that Adam Schiff had that Russian Collusion happened. He and his fellow Demoncrats, and MSM lied to you for 2 years!
7) SnokeFlakes get off your ass and beat the Donald at the ballot box. Quit crying about Donald Trump or is it that the Demoncrats just don't have anything worth while to get you elected. Your being outmanueuvered by Donald J. Trump...a media star....and idiot (your words not mine) Learn to play Chess instead of checkers because the Donald is kicking your donkey's behind. Got to Love the Donald because he is one dancing fool. Remember Gcomeau, don't miss when you try to kill the King because it sure looks like he is about to deliver a knockout blow...Your Fired!

Hey Demoncrats! it almost midnight...Tick Tock...what happens when the Grim Reaper comes callings...Tick Tock...Lights Out Time!!!

Watergate and now we have Demongate. Remember the coverup is usually worse than the crime unless a former President is going to jail for political spying and weaponizing the Intelligence Agencies against the Republicans. I seem to recall the another scandal called Fast and Furious. Let's see...I recall that scandal about the IRS attacking the Tea Party. Is it any wonder that Obama thought he would get away with spying on his political opponents?
Post by Daryl   » Sat May 11, 2019 5:53 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Just a thought smr, your comment of -
I know the Demoncrats are for Medicare for All, free college, Reparations, and get Trump
- was put out as a condemnation, but in most things it would resonate in virtually every developed country, like all Western Europe, Scandinavia,Canada, NZ, Australia.
Medicare for all is a given, depending on your definition of college we have it although University now isn't free as before but is subsidised, not sure about "Reparations", and very few people outside of red neck USA can stand Trump.
Post by The E   » Sat May 11, 2019 12:50 pm

The E
Admiral

Daryl wrote:not sure about "Reparations"

If I'm interpreting smr's ramblings correctly, "reparations" in this instance refers to a long-running conversation in US politics about whether or not african americans deserve some form of reparation for damages done during slavery -- The argument, as far as I am aware, hinges on the fact that while slavery was abolished and all slaves supposedly set free, they were never compensated for services rendered. As a result, freed slaves were at a severe economic disadvantage, having worked for decades and not having anything to show for it, which feeds into the relative poverty of black communities in the present day.

It's a long and convoluted discussion, with no clear plan of action for what form any such reparations would take; That it is something smr and his fellow right-wing nutjobs have latched on to as "a ridiculous thing liberals want" alongside "public health care" and "a President who does not literally lie every time he opens his mouth" says a lot about their willingness to lie and distort in favour of getting a quick soundbite out the door.
For historical context, I do recall that Martin Luther King talked about this! It's not a new point of discussion by a long shot:
America freed the slaves in 1863 through the Emancipation Proclamation of Abraham Lincoln, but gave the slaves no land, nothing in reality to get started on. At the same time, America was giving away millions of acres of land in the west and the Midwest, which meant that there was a willingness to give the white peasants from Europe an economic base and yet it refused to give its black peasants from Africa who came here involuntarily, in chains, and had worked for free for 244 years, any kind of economic base. So Emancipation for the Negro was really freedom to hunger. It was freedom to the winds and rains of heaven. It was freedom without food to eat or land to cultivate and therefore it was freedom and famine at the same time. And when white Americans tell the negro to lift himself by his own bootstraps they don’t look over the legacy of slavery and segregation. I believe we ought to do all we can and seek to lift ourselves by our own bootstraps but it’s a cruel jest to say to a bootless man that he ought to lift himself by his own bootstraps. And many negroes by the thousands and millions have been left bootless as a result of all of these years of oppression and as a result of a society that has deliberately made his color a stigma and something worthless and degrading.

-- Martin Luther King jr, in an interview by Sander Vancour, 1968
Post by Michael Everett   » Sat May 11, 2019 1:30 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

Surely it would be best to have those descended from those who sold their ancestors into slavery pay the reparations as it would be taken from the obviously ill-gotten gains made from the selling of slaves...

...of course, this means that there would need to be a huge amount of investigating to determine just which ancestors were sold by whom in order to determine just which people should pay what to whom. This would be made harder given that if I recall my history lessons correctly, the original sales were not performed with gold or promissory notes, but in trade, such as steel spearheads, sword blades, firearms, ammunition, gunpowder and other weapons of war. Assigning financial values to such things could be problematic, especially since several of the groups who sold others into slavery were in turn wiped out or sold into slavery themselves.

This could theoretically lead to someone finding out that they'll need to sell their house in order to pay themselves the reparations that they owe due to who their ancestors were, but at least it will be fair, right?
:twisted:
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by smr   » Thu May 16, 2019 2:23 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Gcomeau: so you still believe that Trump colluded with Russia. Ok, state the facts and hard provable evidence not a beliefs, feelings, or bias. Since you have never read the Steele Dossier, I have put the link up for you.

https://www.scribd.com/document/3693196 ... le-Dossier

I am sure there are places on the Internet that are still free but you can download for free with this site. (Just be sure to cancel your subscription within one month!)
Post by gcomeau   » Fri May 17, 2019 12:21 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:Gcomeau: so you still believe that Trump colluded with Russia. Ok, state the facts and hard provable evidence not a beliefs, feelings, or bias.

Yeah we tried that already, every time you are directed to the evidence in the report you ignore it completely and repeat your question about where the evidence is.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8647&start=1254

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8647&start=1265

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8647&start=1266

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8647&start=1267

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8647&start=1268

Since you have never read the Steele Dossier, I have put the link up for you.

I'm getting a little tired of telling you I've already read the freaking dossier, you ridiculous moron.
Post by smr   » Fri May 17, 2019 2:40 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Yet you still believe that Donald Trump is guilty of Conspiracy (collusion). A dossier that has been totally discredited. Let's remember why Trump was investigated because of Bruce Ohr (Justice Department Official that backed dossier), news report that steele leaked info to like Yahoo News, and the bogus Steele Dossier. The US Government knew that the Steele Dossier was filled with outright lies before they ever started investigating Trump. Clapper, Commey, and Brennan better learn to sing the Jailhouse Blues because their legal teams are not going to save them. Gcomeau, remember when I brought up Trump was being spied on and chose to really insult me. Looks who's laughing at your moronic statements now...ME! Learn to differentiate between facts, opinions, and propaganda. 2019 is turning into a good year! Pass the dang popcorn and do you need the another margarita because the Demoncrats are scrambling to save their own hides.

Barr walked up to Pelosi and asked, "Where's your handcuffs?" Pelosi responds, "The Sgt of Arms is at this function." Barr laughs and walks off! Reported as a true incident. The Demoncrats are looking powerless.

Return to Politics