Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

Next book??

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: Next book??
Post by justdave   » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:32 am

justdave
Lieutenant Commander

Dauntless wrote:I believe he said not long after TFT came out that next solo project would be a War god book, but there were collabs to finish first.

in theory as we are aware of 2 colabs that have been finished, we think, in that time then he could have started on war god 6 but of course this was said 4 months ago and what his schedule looks like now is anyone's guess.

from Cons forum re Pensacon the end of March

just got back from the MMW 'panel' that closed the con and he started w/update on his writing schedule so here is what I can decipher from my notes/memory

book closest to being done is follow up to Gordian Protocol

also in progress is next in Out of the Dark series

he and Eric Flint are in early stages of next Crown of Thorns book

next HH book will be Alfred Harrington's RMM story

also working on the next Manticore Ascendant book with Timothy Zahn and Thomas Pope as well as the next Stephanie Harrington book with Jane Lindskold

next Norfressa and Safehold haven't been started

he also reminded us that Baen does not schedule any of his books for publication until it's turned in to Toni

and we still don't know how a destroyer doesn’t work, lol
Post by thanatos   » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:17 pm

thanatos
Captain (Junior Grade)

justdave wrote:
Dauntless wrote:I believe he said not long after TFT came out that next solo project would be a War god book, but there were collabs to finish first.

in theory as we are aware of 2 colabs that have been finished, we think, in that time then he could have started on war god 6 but of course this was said 4 months ago and what his schedule looks like now is anyone's guess.

from Cons forum re Pensacon the end of March

just got back from the MMW 'panel' that closed the con and he started w/update on his writing schedule so here is what I can decipher from my notes/memory

book closest to being done is follow up to Gordian Protocol

also in progress is next in Out of the Dark series

he and Eric Flint are in early stages of next Crown of Thorns book

next HH book will be Alfred Harrington's RMM story

also working on the next Manticore Ascendant book with Timothy Zahn and Thomas Pope as well as the next Stephanie Harrington book with Jane Lindskold

next Norfressa and Safehold haven't been started

he also reminded us that Baen does not schedule any of his books for publication until it's turned in to Toni

and we still don't know how a destroyer doesn’t work, lol

He seems to be a little too busy, given his recent health problems. We really do need him to slow down a little. He too can work himself to death like some of his characters (and we certainly do not want that).
Post by Cartref   » Wed May 01, 2019 12:31 am

Cartref
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Here, here. While I am really keen for the next book, but I also wait to read the many that to come afterwards, so we need to be patient and he needs to take care of himself and his family

Return to Safehold