Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Question about the cover art

David's and Jacob Holo's newest alternate, cross history series.
Question about the cover art
Post by Snow Tiger   » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:51 pm

Snow Tiger
Midshipman

I know that cover art on most books, especially SF, has very little if anything to do with what's in the books, my fav example being the old Gordon Dickson book _The Right to Arm Bears_, but... why is there a battlestar shown on the cover of _The Gordian Protocol_? I haven't read most of the snippets, so perhaps it's explained, but if there are Vipers and Cylons I'll be quite annoyed.
Re: Question about the cover art
Post by Michael Everett   » Thu May 16, 2019 6:59 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

It's actually closer to the Runabouts from DS9 than it is to Battlestar Galactica, but your point is noted.

By the way, it doesn't have Cylons in it. You can relax.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Re: Question about the cover art
Post by runsforcelery   » Sat May 18, 2019 5:35 pm

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

Snow Tiger wrote:I know that cover art on most books, especially SF, has very little if anything to do with what's in the books, my fav example being the old Gordon Dickson book _The Right to Arm Bears_, but... why is there a battlestar shown on the cover of _The Gordian Protocol_? I haven't read most of the snippets, so perhaps it's explained, but if there are Vipers and Cylons I'll be quite annoyed.

It isn't a battlestar, you silly person! It's an Admin chronoport which was designed in a universe where Battlestar Galactica never even existed to inspire the architects.

And this time, it really is a fairly accurate rendition of an actual scene in the book.

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.

Return to Gordian Division