Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

Portals and global warming.

"Hell's Gate" and "Hell Hath No Fury", by David, Linda Evans, and Joelle Presby, take the clash of science and magic to a whole new dimension...join us in a friendly discussion of this engrossing series!
Portals and global warming.
Post by ThisName1   » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:05 pm

ThisName1
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Will Sharona ever have to deal with major global warming? If they keep expanding then things like deforestation and overpopulation wouldnt come into play. There would be no need drill the oceans, etc. Makes me wonder.
Re: Portals and global warming.
Post by Astelon   » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:08 pm

Astelon
Commander

I am not aware of a David Weber book that addresses Global Warming in any significant way, I doubt it will come up in this series either.
Post by edgeworthy   » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:35 pm

edgeworthy

Astelon wrote:I am not aware of a David Weber book that addresses Global Warming in any significant way, I doubt it will come up in this series either.

There are oblique references in Mutineers Moon and The Armageddon Inheritance, Colin's Brother is a Forest Ranger who pays environmental taxes to still drive a gas-guzzler, and one of the perks of the Achultani Bombardment is that the excessive precipitation washes out centuries of pollution.

But I think that's about it?
Post by ThisName1   » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:08 am

ThisName1

Yeah this was more idle curiosity than any kind of real thought out idea. Just popped in my head while bored at work.

Return to Multiverse