Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 61 guests

What's next for the Honorverse

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: What's next for the Honorverse
Post by Peter2   » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:45 pm

Peter2
Captain (Junior Grade)

kzt wrote:
Peter2 wrote:I've been out of touch recently – does anybody happen to know if there is any activity on the "Manticore Ascendant" series?

Last I heard was “yes, it’s in progress.” But no idea when or what’s ahead of it etc.

Many thanks :) I'll try and contain myself in patience – but it won't be easy :evil:
Post by EdThomas   » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:25 pm

EdThomas
Captain of the List

tlb wrote:My guess is the next book with Eric Flint about Zilwicki, Cachet and Harahap with cat beginning the search in Mesa for clues to the Onion.

Was poking around eric Flint's site, forthcoming page, and found reference to sequel to Cauldron that's finished but not scheduled. working title is Tangle of Tales
Post by JohnRoth   » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:04 am

JohnRoth
Admiral

EdThomas wrote:
tlb wrote:My guess is the next book with Eric Flint about Zilwicki, Cachet and Harahap with cat beginning the search in Mesa for clues to the Onion.

Was poking around eric Flint's site, forthcoming page, and found reference to sequel to Cauldron that's finished but not scheduled. working title is Tangle of Tales

That was awfully fast since he had said he wasn't going to start writing it until sometime in February. Especially since the page was last updated in late January.

You missed the next header (easy to do - it's cleverly hidden in clutter). The book is "in progress." He may well be abusing the keyboard for the first draft even as we speak.
Post by EdThomas   » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:00 pm

EdThomas
Captain of the List

good catch
Post by Peregrinator   » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:43 am

Peregrinator
Commander

EdThomas wrote:good catch

Here's the link for those interested: https://www.ericflint.net/index.php/forthcoming/

And here's the blurb:
ALSO UNDERWAY — manuscripts being written but not yet scheduled for publication:
Tangle of Tales (working title; the final title will be different—stay tuned). This is the fourth novel I’ve co-authored with David Weber in his Honor Harrington universe. It is the sequel to Cauldron of Ghosts.
Post by Hornblower   » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:33 am

Hornblower
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Has anyone any information on the forth volume of "Manticore Ascendant". Some time ago there where rumours that the next book was in the making.
Post by Hrsegrrl   » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:03 am

Hrsegrrl
Midshipman

One thing I'd love to see is more complete astrographic mapping of the Honorverse, whether it comes in chunks that can be stitched together or a single large work. Maybe a separate depiction of the wormhole network that places systems in relation to where their bridges or junctions go instead of physical location?

And given the hints in Uncompromising Honor, I suspect one of the next chronological events will be Raoul and Katherine getting adopted by treecats, and/or what effects may arise with Honor being surrogate for Hamish and Emily's second child. No doubt there will be additional kids for Honor and Hamish, too. For me, learning that the Harringtons were a lost Mesan-designed lineage was at least as hilarious as Harahap being adopted. Wonder if Honor will ever know that tidbit?
Post by tlb   » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:59 pm

tlb
Fleet Admiral

Hrsegrrl wrote: For me, learning that the Harringtons were a lost Mesan-designed lineage was at least as hilarious as Harahap being adopted. Wonder if Honor will ever know that tidbit?

Personally I found that disappointing: it would have been a good thing to have the Mesan Alignment lose an important part of their centuries long plan to a person outside of their scope and it is a lesser thing for that person to be one of their "star" lines. That means the original point of their plan wins anyway, because the genetic improvements that they wanted have still come out on top. The only reason that I can see for RFC to have written that in is that it will be a plot point in some future story.
Post by Robert_A_Woodward   » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:29 am

Robert_A_Woodward
Captain of the List

Hrsegrrl wrote:(snip)
... For me, learning that the Harringtons were a lost Mesan-designed lineage was at least as hilarious as Harahap being adopted. Wonder if Honor will ever know that tidbit?

The Meyerdhal modification is centuries older than the founding of Mesa. Alfred and Honor must be typical members of that known lineage because otherwise, Allison would have noticed that they were atypical. Thus, my conclusion is that many of the Alignment Star lines existed before the founding of Mesa (and the ones that stayed inside the Alignment received further modification).
----------------------------
Beowulf was bad.
(first sentence of Chapter VI of _Space Viking_ by H. Beam Piper)
Post by Thunder Child Actual   » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:07 pm

Thunder Child Actual
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Hopefully, one thing that will be shown in the future is upgraded Missile Defense. The salvos possible with pods and off bore double broadsides tends to mean that whoever has the range advantage is going to win the fight as current Missile Defense is not designed to be able to deal with the number of hostile missiles that are inbound.

Return to Honorverse