Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 21 guests

Next book??

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Next book??
Post by JMLyle   » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:35 pm

JMLyle
Midshipman

Just finished Through Fiery Trials. How long will we have to wait for the next book? I hope it won't be three years.
Re: Next book??
Post by Doomwhale   » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:22 am

Doomwhale
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

JMLyle wrote:Just finished Through Fiery Trials. How long will we have to wait for the next book? I hope it won't be three years.

My guess is 18 - 24 months
Post by JMLyle   » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:51 am

JMLyle
Midshipman

I was afraid somebody would say that :(
Post by Undercover Fat Kid   » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:34 am

Undercover Fat Kid
Commander

With so many story arcs in the air and so much writing to do, my greatest fear is that RFC won’t finish all that he has laid before him.

So if anyone has a spell or an incantation that will let us donate some time, a few minutes, as much as a year apiece to RFC so that he will have enough to finish, well.... I’m just saying.
Death is as a feather,
Duty is as a mountain
This life is a dream
From which we all
Must wake
Post by justdave   » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:09 pm

justdave
Lieutenant Commander

Doomwhale wrote:
JMLyle wrote:Just finished Through Fiery Trials. How long will we have to wait for the next book? I hope it won't be three years.

My guess is 18 - 24 months

At Pensacon he said he hadn’t started next book.
Post by Bluestrike2   » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:56 pm

Bluestrike2
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

justdave wrote:
Doomwhale wrote:My guess is 18 - 24 months

At Pensacon he said he hadn’t started next book.

The obvious question: did he at least take a moment to define "start"? What does it mean to start writing a book? These are important questions.

:)
Post by Morden   » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:55 pm

Morden
Lieutenant Commander

Bluestrike2 wrote:
The obvious question: did he at least take a moment to define "start"? What does it mean to start writing a book? These are important questions.

:)

That might not mean as much as you might expect. Remember that TFT was originally called the Lost Testament of Scheuler, but that when he was writing out the arc he decided that he needed a filler inbetween to cover a lot of the details.

So he may well already have written a chunk of it or atleast have most of the notes sorted for tLToS, inwhich case he will likely be able to knock it out substantially faster than if he hadnt done anything for it.

Still though, I suspect the 18 month mark would be expected, as that will be a christmas 2020 release and a lot of publishers like that.
Post by DMcCunney   » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:57 pm

DMcCunney
Captain of the List

JMLyle wrote:I was afraid somebody would say that :(
Remember that Safehold isn't the only thing RFC is writing. He's still writing Honorverse books, and there are several other series he's written in that could get a new book.

If we get the next Safehold novel in an 18 month time frame, I'll be pleasantly surprised.
______
Dennis
Post by Randomiser   » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:23 pm

Randomiser
Rear Admiral

Anyone any idea on what our Author's work schedule is for the next while? He used to give us regular updates, but since he has mostly decided not to post here, it's now down to what those of you who go to Cons might pick up up.

Clearly he has 'The Gordian Protocol' finished since it comes out in May from Baen and the eARC has been around for a while. 'Into the Light' is probably pretty much finished too, since the first chapter was posted 27th November. I suppose that will be TOR again so we won't hear much from the publisher before it actually comes out.

What comes next? We haven't had a War God or Multiverse book for quite some time and himself seemed quite keen on Sword of the South. It's only a year, surprisingly enough, since the last Manticore Ascendant book so that may be on the back burner still.
Post by Dauntless   » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:53 am

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

I believe he said not long after TFT came out that next solo project would be a War god book, but there were collabs to finish first.

in theory as we are aware of 2 colabs that have been finished, we think, in that time then he could have started on war god 6 but of course this was said 4 months ago and what his schedule looks like now is anyone's guess.

Return to Safehold