Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Knives, Knives, Knives

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Knives, Knives, Knives
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:19 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Daryl wrote:The loser who comitted this was an Australian, and there is some speculation that he did it in NZ because he couldn't get semi autos in Australia.

Primary weapon was a shotgun. Yes it was a semiautomatic shotgun but same magazine capacity and not much higher firing rate as a pump action shotgun. So NZ will ban semiautomatic rifles because someone committed mass murder with a shotgun.

NZ hasnt had a mass murder in decades in spite of having "lax gun laws." What changed?
Post by Joat42   » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:04 pm

Joat42
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:NZ hasnt had a mass murder in decades in spite of having "lax gun laws." What changed?

If you call NZ gun laws lax, the US has in comparison no gun laws at all because any idiot can buy guns in the US which means there must be an abundance of idiots in the US since there are more guns than population (120 guns per 100 people).

Don't like my faulty logic? Then don't spew idiocy.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by Daryl   » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:13 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

I did say semi autos. We ban semi auto rifles and shotguns, and restrict the magazine size of pump actions.
I remember using my SKK (Chinese semi auto variation of an AK47) to roll a tin along for the full 30 rounds, also to cut a very high branch off a tree along a future electricity line route, then its primary use of hunting feral pigs in thick undergrowth. They are seductive, being so easy to use and have dramatic results.

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
Daryl wrote:The loser who comitted this was an Australian, and there is some speculation that he did it in NZ because he couldn't get semi autos in Australia.

Primary weapon was a shotgun. Yes it was a semiautomatic shotgun but same magazine capacity and not much higher firing rate as a pump action shotgun. So NZ will ban semiautomatic rifles because someone committed mass murder with a shotgun.

NZ hasnt had a mass murder in decades in spite of having "lax gun laws." What changed?
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:52 am

TFLYTSNBN

Joat42 wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:NZ hasnt had a mass murder in decades in spite of having "lax gun laws." What changed?

If you call NZ gun laws lax, the US has in comparison no gun laws at all because any idiot can buy guns in the US which means there must be an abundance of idiots in the US since there are more guns than population (120 guns per 100 people).

Don't like my faulty logic? Then don't spew idiocy.

Stop spewing faulty logic and idiocy.

We have more guns than people in America because the portion of people who own guns generally own more than one gun.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:02 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Daryl wrote:I did say semi autos. We ban semi auto rifles and shotguns, and restrict the magazine size of pump actions.
I remember using my SKK (Chinese semi auto variation of an AK47) to roll a tin along for the full 30 rounds, also to cut a very high branch off a tree along a future electricity line route, then its primary use of hunting feral pigs in thick undergrowth. They are seductive, being so easy to use and have dramatic results.

FBI data shows that rifles of any type are used to commit a bit more than 2% of gun homicides (excluding shootings by police police). Extrapolating from the detailed, caliber specific data on homicides of police less than 1% of US homicides are committed with military style, semiautomatic rifles. Far more people are killed by police armed with assault riles. Only a bit more than 2% of criminal homicides in US are committed with shotguns of any type. Extrapolation from detailed data on homicides of police suggests that 1/2% of homicides are committed with semiautomatic shotguns (which are very, very common hunting weapons). The Remington 870, pump action favored by Elmer Fudds is by far the shotgun of choice for cop killers and other criminals.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:03 pm

TFLYTSNBN

May be New Zealand should ban Australians?

All joking aside, why would any country allow non citizens who are not immigrating and progressing through the citizenship process and have been in country for only a few months, buy guns?
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:38 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:

All joking aside, why would any country allow non citizens who are not immigrating and progressing through the citizenship process and have been in country for only a few months, buy guns?

I don't know, why does the US let people do that? More easily than in any other developed nation?
Post by noblehunter   » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:52 pm

noblehunter
Captain (Junior Grade)

gcomeau wrote:I don't know, why does the US let people do that? More easily than in any other developed nation?

I wonder in how many states I buy a gun while on a tourist visa?
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:21 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

noblehunter wrote:
gcomeau wrote:I don't know, why does the US let people do that? More easily than in any other developed nation?

I wonder in how many states I buy a gun while on a tourist visa?

Since the US has effectively non existent controls on private person to person sales...

All of them.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:24 pm

TFLYTSNBN

gcomeau wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:

I don't know, why does the US let people do that? More easily than in any other developed nation?

I actually agree with that point.

Most gun owners agree with you.
This is why we oppose issuing ID to illegal immigrants.

Return to Politics