Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests

Question concerning the Armahk family

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Question concerning the Armahk family
Post by sdwoodwa   » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:44 pm

sdwoodwa
Midshipman

Possibly a stupid question. What happened to Prince Zhan Ahrmahk and Princess Zhanayt Ahrmahk.

I know Zhan married Mahrya Bates, but is that the last we hear of him? Or did I miss something?

And aside from a passing mention that she was looking interestingly at young princes, I can't recall any mention of Zhanayt since Zhan was betrothed.

Thanks
Re: Question concerning the Armahk family
Post by Louis R   » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:12 pm

Louis R
Rear Admiral

They get a mention in TFT. Both are around and apparently doing well.

sdwoodwa wrote:Possibly a stupid question. What happened to Prince Zhan Ahrmahk and Princess Zhanayt Ahrmahk.

I know Zhan married Mahrya Bates, but is that the last we hear of him? Or did I miss something?

And aside from a passing mention that she was looking interestingly at young princes, I can't recall any mention of Zhanayt since Zhan was betrothed.

Thanks
Post by saber964   » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:16 pm

saber964
Admiral

Louis R wrote:They get a mention in TFT. Both are around and apparently doing well.

sdwoodwa wrote:Possibly a stupid question. What happened to Prince Zhan Ahrmahk and Princess Zhanayt Ahrmahk.

Thanks

In TFT Princess Zahnet is married to Nahrmahn Gahraht Batz Prince of Emerald and have several children.
Post by PeterZ   » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:07 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Thanks
Louis R wrote:They get a mention in TFT. Both are around and apparently doing well.
saber964 wrote: In TFT Princess Zahnet is married to Nahrmahn Gahraht Batz Prince of Emerald and have several children.

Hello! Spoiler Alert!
Post by isaac_newton   » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:54 pm

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

PeterZ wrote: snip.

Hello! Spoiler Alert![/quote]

Paper book has been out for months now. Dont think this counts any more.
Post by PeterZ   » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:05 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

isaac_newton wrote:
PeterZ wrote: snip.

Hello! Spoiler Alert!

Paper book has been out for months now. Dont think this counts any more.[/quote]
HC not paperback.
Post by FriarBob   » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:45 am

FriarBob
Rear Admiral

PeterZ wrote:
isaac_newton wrote:Paper book has been out for months now. Dont think this counts any more.

HC not paperback.

Rules, even dumb rules, are still rules. So yeah we shouldn't break them.

That said, I really don't understand how someone would
A) be a big enough fan to be spending time on the forums
B) NOT have already read the book.

Note I did not say BUY the book. That's easy and obvious. But there are libraries. B&N or other bookstores will still -- usually -- let you sit and read the book. There are other ways. So I really don't understand why anyone would not have read the book by now AND be on the forums. Seems it should be a both-or-neither proposition.
Post by isaac_newton   » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:02 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

FriarBob wrote:
isaac_newton wrote:Paper book has been out for months now. Dont think this counts any more.

PeterZ wrote:HC not paperback.

Rules, even dumb rules, are still rules. So yeah we shouldn't break them.

That said, I really don't understand how someone would
A) be a big enough fan to be spending time on the forums
B) NOT have already read the book.

Note I did not say BUY the book. That's easy and obvious. But there are libraries. B&N or other bookstores will still -- usually -- let you sit and read the book. There are other ways. So I really don't understand why anyone would not have read the book by now AND be on the forums. Seems it should be a both-or-neither proposition.

Interesting - I'd always assumed it was from the first real book being published. I've just looked up the forum rules and this is what Duckk says..

Snerks/Spoilers
- Snerks/snerking is revealing contents of upcoming books before it is released. Spoilers is revealing contents of books which have been released.

- For specific content on a book that has yet to be released, or for a book that has been released in paper format (either hardcover or softcover, whichever is first) for less than a month, all discussion topics shall have in the topic title "SPOILERS" somewhere in it. I'm not expecting people to figure out exactly when a month is up, but just keep it in mind before you can drop the SPOILER warning. By specific content I am including the snippets Eric Flint provides on his website (and is usually crossposted to the Bar and here).

- Any speculative topics and and topics concerning books that have been out for more than 1 month will not be required to have anything in their topic titles.

- Unmarked spoilers can be reported to the moderator for remedial action.

I've boldened the relevant bit and it looks like a month after first dead tree version being released is the limit for spoiler alerts.
Post by FriarBob   » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:57 am

FriarBob
Rear Admiral

isaac_newton wrote:Interesting - I'd always assumed it was from the first real book being published. I've just looked up the forum rules and this is what Duckk says..

Snerks/Spoilers
- Snerks/snerking is revealing contents of upcoming books before it is released. Spoilers is revealing contents of books which have been released.

- For specific content on a book that has yet to be released, or for a book that has been released in paper format (either hardcover or softcover, whichever is first) for less than a month, all discussion topics shall have in the topic title "SPOILERS" somewhere in it. I'm not expecting people to figure out exactly when a month is up, but just keep it in mind before you can drop the SPOILER warning. By specific content I am including the snippets Eric Flint provides on his website (and is usually crossposted to the Bar and here).

- Any speculative topics and and topics concerning books that have been out for more than 1 month will not be required to have anything in their topic titles.

- Unmarked spoilers can be reported to the moderator for remedial action.

I've boldened the relevant bit and it looks like a month after first dead tree version being released is the limit for spoiler alerts.

Hmm... perhaps we're getting the Weber forum rules mixed up with the Baen's Bar rules? I know there was *somewhere* that you had to wait for the softcover version to come out... but doesn't looks like it is here (at least anymore?)...
Post by PeterZ   » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:22 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Yeah, my bad. I was using the old Baen rules.
Shoot, now I can really participate in some of the discussions because I thought they were still under gag orders.

Cool!

Return to Safehold