Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Science Fiction and Political Correctness

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Science Fiction and Political Correctness
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:34 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Saw this:

https://thefederalist.com/2019/03/04/in ... urned-war/

Is this why we have so many Europeans and other foreigners visiting the website of an AAmerican author to provoke pissing wars?
Re: Science Fiction and Political Correctness
Post by Joat42   » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:59 pm

Joat42
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Saw this:

Is this why we have so many Europeans and other foreigners visiting the website of an AAmerican author to provoke pissing wars?

I pissed on Iceland, therefore the Amazon flows.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:35 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Ugh, I tried to slog through that whine fest but once I made it to the part where it became clear they thought the Sad Puppies were somehow the good guys I just stopped wasting my time on the entire giant martyr/victim complex.

Waaaah, people aren't giving awards to the books I want them too, it must be a liberal conspiracy of political correctness / the homosexual agenda... :roll:
Post by Joat42   » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:40 pm

Joat42
Admiral

gcomeau wrote:Ugh, I tried to slog through that whine fest but once I made it to the part where it became clear they thought the Sad Puppies were somehow the good guys I just stopped wasting my time on the entire giant martyr/victim complex.

Waaaah, people aren't giving awards to the books I want them too, it must be a liberal conspiracy of political correctness / the homosexual agenda... :roll:

Funnily enough, it's mostly US thing - the rest of the world couldn't care less.

I tried to wrap my head around the whole thing at the beginning when it blew up and my only conclusion was that it was like watching monkeys flinging poo at each other and anyone standing to close.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by The E   » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:01 am

The E
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Is this why we have so many Europeans and other foreigners visiting the website of an AAmerican author to provoke pissing wars?

Ahhh, lazy TFLY trolling strategy #3: Complain about how only americans are supposed to have opinions on things americans do.
Post by isaac_newton   » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:25 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

and yet you feel more than free to comment on europe and other countries... strange that.

I rather have the feeling that RFC likes people from other countries and likes their comments and suggestions.
Post by dscott8   » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:58 am

dscott8
Commodore

YOU are complaining about other people provoking pissing wars? Why? Are they muscling in on what you see as your exclusive territory?
Post by Dilandu   » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:21 am

Dilandu
Admiral

"Internet Wars - Episode 3: Sad Puppies strike back".
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by Dilandu   » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:27 am

Dilandu
Admiral

gcomeau wrote:Ugh, I tried to slog through that whine fest but once I made it to the part where it became clear they thought the Sad Puppies were somehow the good guys I just stopped wasting my time on the entire giant martyr/victim complex.

Well, as far as I know about the whole mess, the "Sad Puppies" initially have some sensible points in their agenda, but methods they chose to use... varied from extremely dubious, up to outright unscrupulous. And they sided with exactly wrong peoples. As a result, they effectively discredited all rational that was in their agenda.

Of course, it's just as I view the situation. Granted, all my knowledge about "Sad Puppies" crisis is retrospective and limited.
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by Michael Everett   » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:57 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

isaac_newton wrote:I rather have the feeling that RFC likes people from other countries and likes their comments and suggestions.

I can confirm this. Not only have I been name-dropped on a podcast interview for my good-natured trolling of RFC ages back, but his wife was kind enough to let me put her into one of my stories as a cameo.

Out of interest, who was it who first coined the term "Podnaught"? It's been bugging me for ages...
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995

Return to Politics