Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

Dark Expanse Black Eye Galaxy 16 Has Been Launched

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Dark Expanse Black Eye Galaxy 16 Has Been Launched
Post by Rogue Star   » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:23 pm

Rogue Star
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

We are happy to announce that Black Eye 16 Galaxy has now been launched. Existing accounts and galactic credits were forwarded from the Black Eye 15 Galaxy.

With our new planetary defense base refit page, it is now easier to find and repair those damaged units. Now, PDB repairs are faster than ever before making that planet a true bunker versus invaders.

Have you captured a planet today?

Join us at https://deorc.com
Re: Dark Expanse Black Eye Galaxy 16 Has Been Launched
Post by Michael Everett   » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:40 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

Looking at the picture, I have a question.
Where does that chap store the ammo?
He's using a form of rotary gun which is obviously going through ammo slightly slower than the average machine gun based on the number of ejected casings and the fairly short arc, but where is the ammo storage and how do the bullets/ammo containers/whatever get to the gun? There seems to be no ammo-storage backpack or method to transport the bullets to the gun and the internal volume, once one takes into account things like firing systems and so on, is insufficient for more than maybe three-dozen bullets, meaning that the chap is about to find himself holding a dead weapon in need of reloading (and he doesn't seem to be carrying any spare magazines).
Now, he may have Hyperspace Arsenal-style magazines (bullets stored in a pocket dimension), but if so, why are the expended casings being ejected, thus not only showing where he has been (and thus allowing enemies to track him) but also making the ground trickier to walk on for his allies?

Final score, 4/10. Sci-fi stylings let down by things not being thought through.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995

Return to Free-Range Topics...