Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Trump gets another SCOTUS appointment?

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Trump gets another SCOTUS appointment?
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:04 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Michael Everett wrote:I find it interesting how Tfly is anti-muslim and seems insistent that it's only really expanding in Europe.
Of course, as an American, he has no need to worry.
It's not like Muslims are patrolling places in the USA now, is it?

I am very much aware of the fact that certain parts of America, Dearbornistan Michigan as an example, are becoming muslim dominated. The representatives that they elect to the US Congress are busy demonstrating why this is a problem.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:11 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Imaginos1892 wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:It is true that people need more reliable contraception but they also need to be less eager to have sex under circumstances when they would consider a pregnancy to be so undesirable that they would get an abortion.

Why do you believe that you have the right to impose your religious rules on people who do not agree with them? You don't like the Moslems imposing their rules on others, but you are just as bad.

TFLYTSNBN wrote:It is interesting to see how abortion rates vary.

Especially when American fundamentalist Christians have some of the highest abortion rates in the world. It does not seem that many of them 'just say no'. And then, since they have been denied proper sex education, they have unwanted pregnancies, and spread diseases. Ignorance and preaching do not seem to be very effective deterrents.
———————————
The best thing about virginity is, it’s so easy to cure.

Do you also object to my imposing my religious rules against theft, robberry, rape, child molestation, slavery and murder (of adults)? These are all moral positions informed by religious beliefs. Since the acts above involve one person doing something that effects another, it is not an issue of privacy.

Do you have any actual data to support the claim that religious people have more abortions than non religious people?
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:22 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Here is the SCOTUS calendar.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/oral_argum ... y2019.html

The next scheduled session to hear oral arguments is February 19.

How much you bet that RBG who is allegedly healthy enough to attend concerts and walk one mile a day is a no show.

Someone needs to file a Habeus Corpus petition.

Show me the carcass.
Post by Imaginos1892   » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:23 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Do you also object to my imposing my religious rules against theft, robberry, rape, child molestation, slavery and murder (of adults)?

All of those rules except one predate your religion by thousands of years. Care to guess which one is the exception?

TFLYTSNBN wrote:These are all moral positions informed by religious beliefs.

No, they are not. Religions have attempted to claim those positions, but they existed long before your religion was made up, and will continue to exist long after it has faded into history.

Your religion is just a claim-jumper.
———————————
Maybe The Faithful really do need some all-seeing, all-powerful, judgemental entity standing over them with a club to tell them that wanton murder is wrong. I don’t. I guess I’m just better than that.
Post by Michael Everett   » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:00 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

Ahem...
The Bible (Ephesians 6) wrote:Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people, because you know that the Lord will reward each one for whatever good they do, whether they are slave or free. And masters, treat your slaves in the same way. Do not threaten them, since you know that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no favoritism with him.

The Bible (Exodus 21) wrote:“Now these are the rules that you shall set before them. When you buy a Hebrew slave, he shall serve six years, and in the seventh he shall go out free, for nothing. If he comes in single, he shall go out single; if he comes in married, then his wife shall go out with him. If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the wife and her children shall be her master's, and he shall go out alone. But if the slave plainly says, ‘I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free,’ then his master shall bring him to God, and he shall bring him to the door or the doorpost. And his master shall bore his ear through with an awl, and he shall be his slave forever.

“When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do. If she does not please her master, who has designated her for himself, then he shall let her be redeemed. He shall have no right to sell her to a foreign people, since he has broken faith with her. If he designates her for his son, he shall deal with her as with a daughter. If he takes another wife to himself, he shall not diminish her food, her clothing, or her marital rights. And if he does not do these three things for her, she shall go out for nothing, without payment of money.

Slavery as approved by the Bible, a position that Christians are hypocrites about.
Most Christians are actually Diet Christians these days. Rather than accept religion a la carte, they go "Ooooh, I'll have the redemption and the charity, but go easy on the proscriptions and leave out the damnations as it gives me a stomach-ache".
They are Christian Lite, New Christians, nowhere near as true as the Original Christians.
Tfly, you are a Christian Lite. How does it feel?
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:50 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Michael Everett wrote:Ahem...
The Bible (Ephesians 6) wrote:Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people, because you know that the Lord will reward each one for whatever good they do, whether they are slave or free. And masters, treat your slaves in the same way. Do not threaten them, since you know that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no favoritism with him.

The Bible (Exodus 21) wrote:“Now these are the rules that you shall set before them. When you buy a Hebrew slave, he shall serve six years, and in the seventh he shall go out free, for nothing. If he comes in single, he shall go out single; if he comes in married, then his wife shall go out with him. If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the wife and her children shall be her master's, and he shall go out alone. But if the slave plainly says, ‘I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free,’ then his master shall bring him to God, and he shall bring him to the door or the doorpost. And his master shall bore his ear through with an awl, and he shall be his slave forever.

“When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do. If she does not please her master, who has designated her for himself, then he shall let her be redeemed. He shall have no right to sell her to a foreign people, since he has broken faith with her. If he designates her for his son, he shall deal with her as with a daughter. If he takes another wife to himself, he shall not diminish her food, her clothing, or her marital rights. And if he does not do these three things for her, she shall go out for nothing, without payment of money.

Slavery as approved by the Bible, a position that Christians are hypocrites about.
Most Christians are actually Diet Christians these days. Rather than accept religion a la carte, they go "Ooooh, I'll have the redemption and the charity, but go easy on the proscriptions and leave out the damnations as it gives me a stomach-ache".
They are Christian Lite, New Christians, nowhere near as true as the Original Christians.
Tfly, you are a Christian Lite. How does it feel?

I am well aware of the history.
There are a multitude of theological disagreements within Christianity based on varying interpretations of scripture which results in many denominations. All denominations could disparage the others as "Diet Christian."
Show me another major religion whose adherents became abolitionists.
Slavery remains an institution in parts of the Islamic world.
Post by The E   » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:08 am

The E
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Show me another major religion whose adherents became abolitionists.

Oh hey, look, it's TFLY arguing from ignorance! What a rare occurrence, for he is usually so well-informed about matters concerning religion and morality!

As it turns out, even a cursory search for the topic of muslim views on slavery will reveal that it is an ongoing topic of discussion and dissent in the muslim world, with the Saudis (also known as your own President's favoured muslims!) being at the forefront of arguing for reinstituting slavery as an institution.

How they square that with Muhammad saying "There are three categories of people against whom I shall myself be a plaintiff on the Day of Judgement. Of these three, one is he who enslaves a free man, then sells him and eats this money" is anyone's guess.

So, in conclusion: TFLY, before you try to derail a discussion, do research on the track you want the discussion to follow, or you might betray just how ignorant and stupid you are.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:01 pm

TFLYTSNBN

The E wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:Show me another major religion whose adherents became abolitionists.

Oh hey, look, it's TFLY arguing from ignorance! What a rare occurrence, for he is usually so well-informed about matters concerning religion and morality!

As it turns out, even a cursory search for the topic of muslim views on slavery will reveal that it is an ongoing topic of discussion and dissent in the muslim world, with the Saudis (also known as your own President's favoured muslims!) being at the forefront of arguing for reinstituting slavery as an institution.

How they square that with Muhammad saying "There are three categories of people against whom I shall myself be a plaintiff on the Day of Judgement. Of these three, one is he who enslaves a free man, then sells him and eats this money" is anyone's guess.

So, in conclusion: TFLY, before you try to derail a discussion, do research on the track you want the discussion to follow, or you might betray just how ignorant and stupid you are.

You made my point for me.

Only Islam is actually having an ongoing debate about the morality of slavery.

Yes, Saudi Arabia is the home of muslims who argue for slavery.

No, Saudi Arabia is not Trump's favorite muslims. Trump is a pragmatist who recognizes that the Saudis are a counterbalance to Iran and Turkey (which is an ally in name only).

Just FYI, I recognize that most ofthe 9-11 hijackers were Saudi citizens, Osama Bin Laden was supported by the Taliban who were a Pakistani puppet regime and the Saudis bankrolled Pakistan's nuclear program. Bush should have responded to 9-11 by nuking Pakistan and invading Saudi Arabia but the US was far to dependant on imported oil. The US is now energy independant so no such tolerance now exists.
Post by Imaginos1892   » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:56 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Do you also remember that in 1866 Pope Pius the 9th affirmed that slavery was acceptable to the Catholic church? That was a year after the Civil War ended slavery in the United States.

Apparently the Pope felt the need to make a statement that slavery might be illegal in the U.S. but the church was still good with it.
———————————
Faith is the mental equivalent of welfare — it’s for those too lazy to work for knowledge, or too stupid to make use of it.
Post by Annachie   » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:53 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

A couple of years ago the US State Department released a thing that stated that Russia was the biggest slavery problem. You know, that country that is nearly 50% christian.

But if you count the indentured laborer system it's probably India which is 95%+ Hindu.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)

Return to Politics