Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 22 guests

Potential Spoiler - Last Chapter - Din between factions

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Potential Spoiler - Last Chapter - Din between factions
Post by dwileye13   » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:06 pm

dwileye13
Captain of the List

:!:
I was expecting RFC to throw a kracken into the swimming pool at the end of the book.

IMHO, What is coming is a Schueler & Shan-Wei factional respite.

We can say the IC and (perhaps unwittingly their allies) are supporting the Shan-Wei efforts to guide Safehold closer to an original plan for Humanity's development into an effective adversary for the Gbaba... contrary to Langhorne & Bedard's subversive alterations to the original plans.

The destruction of Alexandria and the nuking of L & B at the staff meeting left a huge vacuum of leadership. We can assume Chihiro grabbed the reins of power with Schueler in support. The subsequent 'War against the Fallen' decimated lesser Angels, Sejins and perhaps Archangels. Leadership thusly becoming more vacuous.

I want to believe that Chihiro was responsible for Khody's demise and later the destruction of his original shrine by a kinetic strike. That could have upset Schueler enough that he recorded the message for his descendants and set up the Mutinous Message delivered at his Temple at the end of TFT.
That message specifically stated;

For know this, this world has indeed strayed far afield from the plan for which your forefathers and your foremothers, the Adams and the Eves who left you The Testimonies, were brought forth upon it.

If Khody was correct in his view of Schueler as the Archangel he could trust and being an honorable divine being, then that Testimony of Schueler should be quite subversive to the COGA.
What resources could he have left or assets of knowledge to groups like Sisters of St. Khody or others.

Thanks RFC for the Kracken
I am not young enough to know everything!
Re: Potential Spoiler - Last Chapter - Din between factions
Post by kaid   » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:53 am

kaid
Lieutenant Commander

Spoiler alert

I am pretty sure what we saw in the last chapter was operation androcles by owl/naharman. They had from the verifier the image/voice of schuler so those two cooked up an angelic visitation and delivered the truth in a visitation that simply can't be ignored. We know the inquisition and inquisitors had some recordings of shuchuler so they knew for sure they were seeing was "real".

Basically it is a master stroke for merlin and co. They found a way to get the truth out publicly in a way that can't really be ignored and aimed it right at the one faction that would be most likely to fight against it if they had not witnessed it first hand. When the inquisition itself is backing it as the truth that throws everything into play.

Plus it is a huge way to spike the wheels of whatever angels/reemergence is coming. If this has 80 years to travel around the planet combined with the technical achievements that will be around by then any angels that appear simply won't be able to kill enough people to stick the truth back into the bottle.
Post by dwileye13   » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:42 pm

dwileye13
Captain of the List

kaid wrote:Spoiler alert

I am pretty sure what we saw in the last chapter was operation androcles by owl/naharman.

When dealing with RFC I believe 'pretty sure' can lead us astray.

Merlin was vehemently against the presentment of false angels and/or archangels. He also didn't want to use the imagery of kyousei hi or play on the Testimonies or the Writ.

I admit this appearance in Schueler's Sanctuary is an amazing boon to Merlin's plan and the Testimony will open some eyes and potentially shake the Church's History to it's core. But . . .
I believe this was Schueler's intent. I also believe the killing of Khody was what lit Schueler's fuse and that Chihiro wrote the book of Schueler. IMHO that is.

One big question is did Schueler go on with the Hamilcar or was disposed of like Khody or some other :twisted: evil plot of RFC
Post by dwileye13   » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:14 pm

dwileye13
Captain of the List

One other thing to consider, The Sister of Saint Khody are located in an Abbey of the Sisters of Chihiro of the Quill and are Sisters of Chihiro in their own right. How will they react to the Testimony of Schueler?
Post by kaid   » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:27 pm

kaid
Lieutenant Commander

dwileye13 wrote:
kaid wrote:Spoiler alert

I am pretty sure what we saw in the last chapter was operation androcles by owl/naharman.

When dealing with RFC I believe 'pretty sure' can lead us astray.

Merlin was vehemently against the presentment of false angels and/or archangels. He also didn't want to use the imagery of kyousei hi or play on the Testimonies or the Writ.

I admit this appearance in Schueler's Sanctuary is an amazing boon to Merlin's plan and the Testimony will open some eyes and potentially shake the Church's History to it's core. But . . .
I believe this was Schueler's intent. I also believe the killing of Khody was what lit Schueler's fuse and that Chihiro wrote the book of Schueler. IMHO that is.

One big question is did Schueler go on with the Hamilcar or was disposed of like Khody or some other :twisted: evil plot of RFC

True but when you have the scene right before it with owl and narhman giggling about getting the green light to start operation androcles and talking about having information from the verifier about schuler such as his speech and appearance and then seques to a miraculous appearance by schuler it seems unlikely that this was not operation androcles in action.
Post by phillies   » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:42 pm

phillies
Admiral

But making this a Narhman Project means we would miss the hysterically funny scenes in which Nahrman and friends learn that a real Archangel showed up. Alternatively, another secret faction, with their own plan to overthrow COGA.
Post by noblehunter   » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:57 pm

noblehunter
Captain (Junior Grade)

The problem is that they were "giggling about getting the green light to start operation androcles." Owl and Narhman know as well as Merlin that it could, at the very least, lead to something like the sword of Schueler. That's not something they'd be giggling over.
Post by SilverbladeTE   » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:44 pm

SilverbladeTE
Captain (Junior Grade)

Yeah I'm pretty sure Operation Androcles is not anything to do with what happened in that end scene, for whole bunch of reasons.
I think that yes indeed, Narhman and Merlin will be gobsmacked when they hear of it!
And...you all do realize there's no reason that Chihiro couldn't have used Hamilcar to create an AI, PICA or who knows what other dark, nasty contingency plan?
Post by dwileye13   » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:03 pm

dwileye13
Captain of the List

noblehunter wrote:The problem is that they were "giggling about getting the green light to start operation androcles." Owl and Narhman know as well as Merlin that it could, at the very least, lead to something like the sword of Schueler. That's not something they'd be giggling over.

Agreed 8-) No giggling over the probable results of the Testimony of Schueler

The testimony will enrage The Chihiro faction and probably the Langhorne and Bedard Factions when Schueler says they defied Gods intent. OR worse he lets the catlizard out of the proverbial bag that the Adams and Eves were brought to Safehold from somewhere else.

I can not imagine the IC promoting more internecine violence even if it was within the COGA.

And how does pulling the thorn out of the lions paw (Androcles) match up with that :?:
Post by DMcCunney   » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:45 am

DMcCunney
Captain of the List

SilverbladeTE wrote:Yeah I'm pretty sure Operation Androcles is not anything to do with what happened in that end scene, for whole bunch of reasons.
I think that yes indeed, Narhman and Merlin will be gobsmacked when they hear of it!
If you think they'll be gobsmacked, imagine the reaction of the Vicarate. Chihiro lied? Shan Wei wasn't the Mother of Lies and source of evil, and Safeholdian Satan analogue? Wyvverns scurrying around minus heads come to mind... :P

(You may assume Schueler's Testimony was sent to the Temple under heavy guard for examination by the Vicarate as soon as the Archbishop regained his composure after the visitation.
And...you all do realize there's no reason that Chihiro couldn't have used Hamilcar to create an AI, PICA or who knows what other dark, nasty contingency plan?
AI, yes. PICA, no. While Hamilcar certainly had the capability of building PICAs, none were created and deployed during the War Against the Fallen. The only reason for that I can see is that plans for PICAs weren't part of the information store sent along with Operation Ark. Owl could build another PICA because it had Nimue's to examine and reverse engineer. Without plans, the industrial modules aboard Hamilcar couldn't.
______
Dennis

Return to Safehold