Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests

Interesting Products Made By Man

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: Interesting Products Made By Man
Post by cthia   » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:35 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Remember the pressure cooker explosions in the early days of man? Well, these are still the early days of man.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:21 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:The mile high club can be quite dangerous.

Imaginos wrote:Those of us who paid attention in high school science class know that warm water boils at low pressure. And the FDA made them switch to saline water filling because it's safer!

I paid attention in science class, but I don't recall any lesson on how to determine fake breasts by looking at them. Or the safety of the material used to construct them.

Since the chances of survival while being around huge breasts may have dropped dramatically, do I now have the right to ask the lady with the 44 DDD sitting next to me on the plane if they're real? Suddenly man has a legitimate reason to keep an eye on them. It's in all of our best interest. I have a right to know if I'm sitting next to what amounts to faulty pressure cookers. Two of 'em!

And if she gets on the plane already sporting knockers that are in contention for the biggest in the world, what size might they swell to? I'm talking ground zero sitting right next to you. And a fairly large fallout radius.

"Mam, are they real? May I frisk you to see for myself?

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:34 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I'm telling you, technology has run amok!
Alvin Toffler warned us about this, even when our parents didn't.

I'm willing to bet Alvin knew thst one day kids toys would kill.

Where was #1, the Catapencil when we were kids?
Get a load of #4, the Velociraptor claws. Dad can't have brass knuckles, but son can have Raptor claws.

I see an updated version of Home Alone. Criminals break into a home to take the kids hostage. Wrong home, the kids turn the tables with toys.

Post by cthia   » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:49 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

We are faced with so many of our discoveries being dangerous and fatal to us, often without our knowledge of the danger. Deadly stealthy technology of our own making may be killing us.

We worry that cell phones cause brain cancers. Do they? We worry that living and playing near power lines cause cancer. Does it? I have a friend who refuses to jump onboard the 5G craze for fear of harboring a carcinogenic criminal in her home around her family.

Post by cthia   » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:57 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

We damn near have to be chemists before we can even purchase cleaning supplies now. How many people are receiving dangerous dosages of fumes while simply house cleaning even as I write this?

And how many people are turning their medications into poison by eating a much loved grapefruit?

At one point we could at least be certain that sex didn't cause cancer, but then we lost that comfort when we found out that smoking afterwards was carcinogenic and that the precursor to sex, foreplay, may be carcinogenic if we squeeze the silicone funbags too hard. Is man distressed by progress?

Post by cthia   » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:25 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

How much truer the adage "The difference between men and boys is the cost of their toys."

Playground of the truly rich.

Post by cthia   » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:53 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Dragon's Breath? A liquid nitrogen prepared snack??? I'd rather take my chances with the trans fat from the old reliable potato chip.

Post by cthia   » Fri May 31, 2019 5:49 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Now I can really treat the migraines I get from the forum, with an Electronic Acupuncture Pen.

Return to Free-Range Topics...