Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

Trump gets another SCOTUS appointment?

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Trump gets another SCOTUS appointment?
Post by Imaginos1892   » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:49 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

I disagree with some — well, okay, most — of Ruth Ginsberg's politics, but she's been an excellent Supreme Court justice. She doesn't deserve to be ridiculed as her career, and her life, are nearing the end from a terrible affliction. I admire the courage and determination she is showing. How many of us would do as well?
Post by smr   » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:12 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

I personally don't know enough about her to comment about her one way or the other. Now, that's going to be 3 of 5 Supreme Court Justices appointed by a 2 term President of the United States Donald J. Trump! :D
Post by Imaginos1892   » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:31 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

smr wrote:Now, that's going to be 3 of 5 Supreme Court Justices appointed by a 2 term President of the United States Donald J. Trump!

There are 9 Justices on the Supreme Court, and Trump is just half-way through his first term. Are you predicting a second term, against all indications?

Trump's only qualification was being slightly less horrible than Clinton. You think that's going to happen again?

We need disagreement in the Supreme Court. We need different viewpoints.
Post by Michael Everett   » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:56 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:We need disagreement in the Supreme Court. We need different viewpoints.

Agreed. The only way to progress is through differing viewpoints interacting and producing new outlooks. Having everyone believing the same thing and acting the same way is a recipe for stagnation and eventual regression.
To quote from a Weber book, Beware those who would seduce you, my Brothers. Heed not those who would defile the temple of your soul with promises of material things.
Now remind me, didn't Trump indicate that he would help make America great, implying that more wealth would spread through society?
:twisted:
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by smr   » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:08 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

I predicted Trump would win first term. My big flop was the House winning 40 seats in the last election. I also predicted he would fill 5 Supreme Court Seats in 2 terms! Yeah I am a little worried about my predictions because one forum poster pointed out that hatred sometimes is just enough. Lots of people hate Trump irrationaly...case in point Gcomeau.

Imaginos1892 wrote:
smr wrote:Now, that's going to be 3 of 5 Supreme Court Justices appointed by a 2 term President of the United States Donald J. Trump!

There are 9 Justices on the Supreme Court, and Trump is just half-way through his first term. Are you predicting a second term, against all indications?

Trump's only qualification was being slightly less horrible than Clinton. You think that's going to happen again?

We need disagreement in the Supreme Court. We need different viewpoints.
Post by Joat42   » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:03 pm

Joat42
Admiral

smr wrote:I predicted Trump would win first term. My big flop was the House winning 40 seats in the last election. I also predicted he would fill 5 Supreme Court Seats in 2 terms! Yeah I am a little worried about my predictions because one forum poster pointed out that hatred sometimes is just enough. Lots of people hate Trump irrationaly...case in point Gcomeau.

Calling a turd for what it is isn't hate, you just confuse hate with loathing.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by Annachie   » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:02 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

"Trump's only qualification was being slightly less horrible than Clinton. You think that's going to happen again?"

Actually, no.

Trump's only qualification is to be a conman.
That's it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by smr   » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:47 am

smr
Vice Admiral

To be honest, I do not know if Trump will get a 2nd term. This really depends upon many factors. My last prediction did not take into account that hate overrides common sense or logic. (Yes, that depends upon the factors that a person votes with or for!) The Independents will swing this election! They vote for Trump, he wins! They vote against Trump, he loses!

Annachie wrote:"Trump's only qualification was being slightly less horrible than Clinton. You think that's going to happen again?"

Actually, no.

Trump's only qualification is to be a conman.
That's it.
Post by Annachie   » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:15 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Trump wont last the year, let alone a second term.

He'll resign after cutting a deal with Justice/congress to stop him and his kuds going to jail, then Pence will issue some blanket pardons.
Probably get some state pardons as well.

The GOP need Pence in the office sooner rather than later if they hope to keep the Senate or the WH in 2020. Although not before Monday obviously.
They'll probably need Mitch out of the leadership as well.

Elections are about the middle 10% to 20%. Gerrymandering can offset that a bit of course.
Trump is losing that middle, is forcing them away from the GOP, and in numbers enough to overcome gerrymandering.
Let alone that he will be the first President to be iailed, baring deals and pardons.
There's such a stink of corruption on him to make the rest of Washington look squeaky clean.

America is in recession, no question. Just waiting on the indicators to come out and confirm it. Trump has no clue what to do and no ability to listen to anybody who does.
Pence at least does.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by smr   » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:43 am

smr
Vice Admiral

I am laughing at the fact you think that Trump will resign. First, the Demoncrats would never leave him alone. So that means he will not resign and will run. To be honest, I can not remember the rest of the post because that first statement has what basis in reality or is this just some wacked opinion? Come on Annachie try to do better!

Return to Politics