Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 14 guests

Release Schedule for Future Books?

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Release Schedule for Future Books?
Post by Cheetah772   » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:46 pm

Cheetah772
Midshipman

I'm almost done with the Fiery Trials, which was a highly enjoyable book. The only disappointing thing about this book is there's an ending and I have to wait a good while for next book to come out.

It's my first time posting here, so go easy on me, pretty please?

Anyway, I'm wondering if somewhere in this forum there is a tentative schedule for future Safehold books to be released? I'm willing to bet that the next book in series won't come out until 2020 or even 2021. I'm half hoping the next one could come out by end of this year.

I know, I know, it's probably not realistic!

But still.....
Re: Release Schedule for Future Books?
Post by Louis R   » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:02 am

Louis R
Rear Admiral

To be published anytime this year, the book would have already been written, which we can be fairly sure is not the case. After last year's debacle [actually, that was 2017, wasn't it? so not last year anymore] Himself asked that books not be scheduled before they're written, and publishers have to set up the schedule over a year in advance.

I'm afraid the best we can hope for is ~18 months, and more likely 21-22.

Cheetah772 wrote:I'm almost done with the Fiery Trials, which was a highly enjoyable book. The only disappointing thing about this book is there's an ending and I have to wait a good while for next book to come out.

Anyway, I'm wondering if somewhere in this forum there is a tentative schedule for future Safehold books to be released? I'm willing to bet that the next book in series won't come out until 2020 or even 2021. I'm half hoping the next one could come out by end of this year.

But still.....
Post by SCC   » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:20 am

SCC
Commander

Louis R wrote:To be published anytime this year, the book would have already been written, which we can be fairly sure is not the case. After last year's debacle [actually, that was 2017, wasn't it? so not last year anymore] Himself asked that books not be scheduled before they're written, and publishers have to set up the schedule over a year in advance.

Actually I think chunk of the next book is already written, David said he had to scrap the prologue/introduction to it and writ TFT instead, so at least some of it already being done wouldn't be a surprise.
Post by isaac_newton   » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:40 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

Cheetah772 wrote:I'm almost done with the Fiery Trials, which was a highly enjoyable book. The only disappointing thing about this book is there's an ending and I have to wait a good while for next book to come out.

But still.....

Welcome to the forums!!
you have come at a good time, so have a nice drink on us!
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:55 am

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

SCC wrote:
Louis R wrote:To be published anytime this year, the book would have already been written, which we can be fairly sure is not the case. After last year's debacle [actually, that was 2017, wasn't it? so not last year anymore] Himself asked that books not be scheduled before they're written, and publishers have to set up the schedule over a year in advance.

Actually I think chunk of the next book is already written, David said he had to scrap the prologue/introduction to it and writ TFT instead, so at least some of it already being done wouldn't be a surprise.

I think that the major problem with the first attempt was trying to tell the story as flashbacks,so I suspect that a lot of what was written was recycled in this book.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln

Return to Safehold