Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 37 guests

Honorverse reading list by internal chronology

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Honorverse reading list by internal chronology
Post by Star-Eagle   » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:32 pm

Star-Eagle
Midshipman

Hi everyone.

I got into the Honor Harrington books about a year ago and I've been trying to read them based on their internal dates instead of their publishing order. I've read up to "At all costs" in the main novels along with "Torch of Freedom" and "Storm from the Shadows" from the spin-offs but I'm confused as to which book I should read next.

Could anyone here suggest or point me in the direction of a reading list based on the internal dates?

I know from reading some of the threads on this forum that this is the opposite of what would be recommended but I have had a hard time with reading some book series "out of order" like this especially with larger scale epics.

Many thanks
Re: Honorverse reading list by internal chronology
Post by tlb   » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:53 pm

tlb
Fleet Admiral

Star-Eagle wrote:Hi everyone.

I got into the Honor Harrington books about a year ago and I've been trying to read them based on their internal dates instead of their publishing order. I've read up to "At all costs" in the main novels along with "Torch of Freedom" and "Storm from the Shadows" from the spin-offs but I'm confused as to which book I should read next.

Could anyone here suggest or point me in the direction of a reading list based on the internal dates?

I know from reading some of the threads on this forum that this is the opposite of what would be recommended but I have had a hard time with reading some book series "out of order" like this especially with larger scale epics.

Many thanks

There is a timeline that runs a bit further available for download at the address below. The Mainline Honor books can be read in publication order from the point you are now. I gave up and read them all in publication order, since I read them as soon as I could get them (the same as many other people). The second one is a nice PDF.

http://www.davidweber.net/downloads/ind ... t/series:3

A problem is that it does not extend to the most recent book. Also you will find books that overlap in time.

There is an earlier thread where a reading order was offered:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9623
Re: Honorverse reading list by internal chronology
Post by Star-Eagle   » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:05 pm

Star-Eagle
Midshipman

Hi

Thanks for the info, its just what I was looking for.

Return to Honorverse