Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 54 guests

Making a permanent "Well Flogged and Dead Horses" thread

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Making a permanent "Well Flogged and Dead Horses" thread
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:40 pm

TFLYTSNBN

I myself was once arrested down in Missippi under the alias of "Mister Ben Dover" for molesting a dead horse. As I explained to the judge, the horse was still alive and well when I bagan molesting it. I guess I was a little rough with it. The reporter from New York who was my cell mate was terrified.
Post by Theemile   » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:46 pm

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

dscott8 wrote:I will suggest that the Honorverse movie/TV series is now a dead horse. Why? Because the saga, while great, lacks certain elements that are needed to get studio backing:

1. No dragons.

2. No magic.

3. No significant racial conflicts.

4. Almost no sex scenes.

5. No potential to be turned into an Orlando theme park.

6. Aside from OBS, no epic battles with horrid-looking aliens.

you forgot sexy vampires or aliens.

I was going to mention hero teenagers, but instead of 30 year old actors playing sexy high school students, we have 30 year old heros, who look like high school students.
Last edited by Theemile on Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:56 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Fox2! wrote:
dscott8 wrote:(snip)

4. Almost no sex scenes.

(snip)

Let's see,

-Shower/attempted rape/beating scene between Honor and Young
-Scenes between Honor and Paul
-Scenes between Honor and Hamish (before and after their marriage)
(At least some of these have humorous interventions by Stinker).
-Scenes between Mike and ?? I remember a scene where she is thinking how much her promotions limit her ... hunting ... for bed mates, because most of the available partners are her subordinates. Pesky Article 129 again.
-Helen's seduction by Paolo.
-Hugh's seduction by Berry

"Drakaris" has nothing compared to unleashing an Apollo fire plan.

Abigail Hearnes with Mateo.
50 kilogram Grayson Girl with 200 kilogram San Marteno male. Said male has been genetically engineered to impregnate a San Marteno female while withstanding the sheer forces and bending moments exerted by a 200 kg San Marteno male and 150 Kg San Marteno female locked in the throes of passion. The sheer mechanics of it are mind boggling.
Post by Theemile   » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:06 pm

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
Abigail Hearnes with Mateo.
50 kilogram Grayson Girl with 200 kilogram San Marteno male. Said male has been genetically engineered to impregnate a San Marteno female while withstanding the sheer forces and bending moments exerted by a 200 kg San Marteno male and 150 Kg San Marteno female locked in the throes of passion. The sheer mechanics of it are mind boggling.

Now there's a fun engineering class.... especially if it has field trials....
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by Relax   » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:25 pm

Relax
Fleet Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Said male has been genetically engineered to impregnate a San Marteno female while withstanding the sheer forces and bending moments exerted by a 200 kg San Marteno male and 150 Kg San Marteno female locked in the throes of passion. The sheer mechanics of it are mind boggling.

Uh dude, you forgot the most important part: the 2.5G grav field...
_________
Tally Ho!
Relax
Post by dscott8   » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:51 pm

dscott8
Commodore

Fox2! wrote:
dscott8 wrote:(snip)

4. Almost no sex scenes.

(snip)

Let's see,

-Shower/attempted rape/beating scene between Honor and Young
-Scenes between Honor and Paul
-Scenes between Honor and Hamish (before and after their marriage)
(At least some of these have humorous interventions by Stinker).
-Scenes between Mike and ?? I remember a scene where she is thinking how much her promotions limit her ... hunting ... for bed mates, because most of the available partners are her subordinates. Pesky Article 129 again.
-Helen's seduction by Paolo.
-Hugh's seduction by Berry

"Drakaris" has nothing compared to unleashing an Apollo fire plan.

Out of 27 novels and 6 short story collections, that's about 0.18 scenes per book.
Post by TangoLima   » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:42 pm

TangoLima
Captain (Junior Grade)

My take about topics is if you are interested in a topic
you participate. If not you move on to another topic.
Post by Daryl   » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:27 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Those interested in "Well Flogged and Dead Horses", should consider that bestiality, necrophilia, and sadism are all illegal.

That said I'd like to propose a future Honorverse scene.

The Solarian navy has finally woken up, flexed its universe wide muscles, designed and built an impossible to stop fleet.
5000 SDSD (P+) super douper super dreadnaughts with more pods than anyone else. The pods are full of 5 stage missiles controlled by their own Zeus FTL technology.
They enter Manticore's hyper limit to find waiting for them -

One hundred tree cat crewed frigates. These frigates are equipped with the latest miniaturized gravity lances that have virtually unlimited range at FTL strike speeds.

Ten minutes later, Honor's granddaughter recalls home fleet for the triumphant procession.
Post by cthia   » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:57 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Daryl wrote:Those interested in "Well Flogged and Dead Horses", should consider that bestiality, necrophilia, and sadism are all illegal.

That said I'd like to propose a future Honorverse scene.

The Solarian navy has finally woken up, flexed its universe wide muscles, designed and built an impossible to stop fleet.
5000 SDSD (P+) super douper super dreadnaughts with more pods than anyone else. The pods are full of 5 stage missiles controlled by their own Zeus FTL technology.
They enter Manticore's hyper limit to find waiting for them -

One hundred tree cat crewed frigates. These frigates are equipped with the latest miniaturized gravity lances that have virtually unlimited range at FTL strike speeds.

Ten minutes later, Honor's granddaughter recalls home fleet for the triumphant procession.

There are other sexually deviant derivatives that are just as illegal, but the illegality of these acts has never stopped the perpetrators from committing them. Even in the Honorverse there are many who engage in these sordid crimes. In fact, the Honorverse has taken it to a new level. They breed for it.

Hey! You're proposing the use of a dead horse in the dead horses thread? That's a prank, right? Though your premise is exciting. Dammit man, now you've got me going there, again!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by TangoLima   » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:31 pm

TangoLima
Captain (Junior Grade)

Perhaps a ghetto for newbies.
I'd be willing to live there.

Return to Honorverse