Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 35 guests

Bones the author threw

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Bones the author threw
Post by cthia   » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:55 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Since UH is the last installment for a while, I was hoping the author would toss us a few bones.

I think it was SoV where the author finally gave us something to do with captured Solarian junk. Though that was probably as much for his own benefit as ours, in light of the many threads constantly beating the crap out of that dead horse.

I consider it a personal bone he threw when he gave us the David Taylor FSV's, with my ranting about the irony of a ship stocked to the gills with ordnance but couldn't fire any of them.

Remaining is the location of Darius, Nimitz' repair, Honor's lack of regen, Abby commanding her own ship, the leak in Iliescu's clinic, a couple of marriages . . .

Did I miss anything while feasting on the marrow? I'll look for them in UH. Feel free to share any bones you've dug up.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Re: Bones the author threw
Post by Annachie   » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:38 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Honestly, I don't think we will see another book.

I think Safehold, and other odd stories, will take the rest of RFC's writing years.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by cthia   » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:40 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Annachie wrote:Honestly, I don't think we will see another book.

I think Safehold, and other odd stories, will take the rest of RFC's writing years.

Aww, shucks Anna. Did you have to? Why'd you go and. . . Aww shucks, you're batting average is way too high. I'm suddenly feeling gloomy. There has to be another book. There has to be. There's just way too many threads dangling. Too many cliffs hanging. Oh drats!

OTOH, he did rip up the rice paper the Harrington Doctrine was written on, then he let the Cat's person out of the bag. I've been begging for that since man started running moonshine. Well, almost. LOL

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by tlb   » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:01 pm

tlb
Fleet Admiral

You need to take a look at the "sequel to Cauldron of Ghosts" thread. We know that RFC is working with Eric Flint on the next book with Zilwicki, Cachet and Harahap with cat (as well as other unexpected characters).
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9862
Post by stewart   » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:24 pm

stewart
Captain of the List

tlb wrote:

You need to take a look at the "sequel to Cauldron of Ghosts" thread. We know that RFC is working with Eric Flint on the next book with Zilwicki, Cachet and Harahap with cat (as well as other unexpected characters).
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9862

----------------

I read a short story (forgot which book) on Prichart's early years in April Resistance; Hoping that will come out (again) in an anthology.
other anthology topics -- Treecats' interactions in raising Faith & James, Raoul & Kathrine; Rachel Mayhew's Middie Cruise (possibly on HMS Alister McKeon ?); Arpad Grigovakis (Service of the Sword) being posted to a Grayson ship with Jasper Mayhew as CO or Solomon Marchant as Flag Officer...(evil grin)

-- Stewart
Post by ldwechsler   » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:42 pm

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

stewart"[quote="Annachie wrote:Honestly, I don't think we will see another book.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9862[/quote]

----------------

I read a short story (forgot which book) on Prichart's early years in April Resistance; Hoping that will come out (again) in an anthology.
other anthology topics -- Treecats' interactions in raising Faith & James, Raoul & Kathrine; Rachel Mayhew's Middie Cruise (possibly on HMS Alister McKeon ?); Arpad Grigovakis (Service of the Sword) being posted to a Grayson ship with Jasper Mayhew as CO or Solomon Marchant as Flag Officer...(evil grin)

-- Stewart[/quote]

I don't know that there will be much AFTER that sequel. Weber
keeps writing the Safehold series which is usually a book every year, year and a half. The Sword series is a good one and no books there for a while. And he writes stand alone books.

He is also supposed to be working with Eric Flint on a naval book for the 163x universe. And it's coming up soon...should be done in the next year or so based on the eArc of the new book in that series.

So it could be a while.
Post by stewart   » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:39 pm

stewart
Captain of the List

ldwechsler wrote:[

So it could be a while.[/quote]

------------------

We have been there before, both here and at Baen's Bar. More time to create more dead horses

-- Stewart

Return to Honorverse