Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

They Shall Not Grow Old

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
They Shall Not Grow Old
Post by Julia Minor   » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:59 pm

Julia Minor
Commander

If you're interested in history, it's worth seeing this documentary on World War I (specifically, what it was like in the trenches for the British Army, though Peter Jackson commented that he expects the trench experience would have been the same for any WWI army).

Fair warning, the restored footage includes footage of battle injuries and corpses. The bit that really grossed me out was the guy with trench foot who hopefully was getting those toes amputated after that bit of film was shot.

There's one more US showing after Christmas through Fathom Events: https://www.fathomevents.com/events/the ... t-grow-old . Last night's showing included about half an hour after the credits on how and why Jackson made the film, hopefully the repeat showing will include that as well.
Re: They Shall Not Grow Old
Post by ywing14   » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:22 pm

ywing14
Captain (Junior Grade)

Julia Minor wrote:If you're interested in history, it's worth seeing this documentary on World War I (specifically, what it was like in the trenches for the British Army, though Peter Jackson commented that he expects the trench experience would have been the same for any WWI army).

Fair warning, the restored footage includes footage of battle injuries and corpses. The bit that really grossed me out was the guy with trench foot who hopefully was getting those toes amputated after that bit of film was shot.

There's one more US showing after Christmas through Fathom Events: https://www.fathomevents.com/events/the ... t-grow-old . Last night's showing included about half an hour after the credits on how and why Jackson made the film, hopefully the repeat showing will include that as well.

My brother in law and father are going to a showing in the DC area. Sadly, I'm unable to make any of the showings.

Return to Free-Range Topics...