Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests

What's next for the Honorverse

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
What's next for the Honorverse
Post by packhunter   » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:13 pm

packhunter
Lieutenant Commander

Now that Uncompromising Honor is out, with the next Safehold to follow shortly What's next.

Specifically when and what type of Honorverse story should we expect next?
Re: What's next for the Honorverse
Post by tlb   » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:13 pm

tlb
Fleet Admiral

My guess is the next book with Eric Flint about Zilwicki, Cachet and Harahap with cat beginning the search in Mesa for clues to the Onion.
Post by bert953   » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:24 pm

bert953
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Im wondering if Kingford’s first meeting with Honor will be included as a flashback. Something like ... just last week it was brought to my attenion that evil agents have infiltrated the Solarian League Admiralty. We already identified 5 high ranking enemy agents, but as soon as we confront them they fall over dead. We really dont know who to trust or what the bad guys are trying to do, other than to provide an environment for millions of people to get in harms way because of military escalation (ie a missile firing war)... any suggestions?
Post by ldwechsler   » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:40 pm

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

bert953 wrote:Im wondering if Kingford’s first meeting with Honor will be included as a flashback. Something like ... just last week it was brought to my attenion that evil agents have infiltrated the Solarian League Admiralty. We already identified 5 high ranking enemy agents, but as soon as we confront them they fall over dead. We really dont know who to trust or what the bad guys are trying to do, other than to provide an environment for millions of people to get in harms way because of military escalation (ie a missile firing war)... any suggestions?

Actually, it would not be that big a surprise. Certainly the Manticorans know about it...Victor dealt with it on Mesa and it was discussed by top leaders in Cauldron.

What I think will happen will be a setup, to some degree, for the later arc. Kingsford, etc., will not cause problems. But Anton and Victor will be searching for the new home of the MAlign. Since the next books take place, a generation later I would guess they are not really successful.

We might also see a couple of the matches so many shippers among us want to see consummated actually take place. Just to make us
happy.
Post by NortonIDaughter   » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:29 am

NortonIDaughter
Captain (Junior Grade)

RFC's also working on the next Manticore Ascendant book with Timothy Zahn, and the next Stephanie Harrington book with Jane Lindskold.
Post by JohnRoth   » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:15 am

JohnRoth
Admiral

ldwechsler wrote:What I think will happen will be a setup, to some degree, for the later arc. Kingsford, etc., will not cause problems. But Anton and Victor will be searching for the new home of the MAlign. Since the next books take place, a generation later I would guess they are not really successful.

I'm not so sure. The next Cachet-Zilwiki book has to have some kind of resolution for the major plot arc, which is pretty much the search for the MAlign. Not finding it is not a satisfactory resolution. Unless they find something that's a stepping-stone, like possibly the Felix Junction, which implies unmasking the Renaissance Factor. And that's a stretch.

Unless the focus of the book turns out to be the Mesa Problem - that is, what to do with the socio-economic situation on Mesa to get a decent resolution that minimally satisfies most parties. However, that's not something I see in Cachet's or Zilwiki's wheelhouse.
Post by Daryl   » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:44 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Couldn't RFC simply have a holiday? Take a cruise, visit Venice, Dubrovnik, and similar places to recharge. No hurry, come back to lead the charge again afterwards.
Post by Galactic Sapper   » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:02 am

Galactic Sapper
Captain of the List

Daryl wrote:Couldn't RFC simply have a holiday? Take a cruise, visit Venice, Dubrovnik, and similar places to recharge. No hurry, come back to lead the charge again afterwards.

Of course. "Next" doesn't have a time limit. Whatever comes next will still be "next" whether we see it in 10 months or 3 years.
Post by stewart   » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:53 pm

stewart
Captain of the List

Daryl wrote:Couldn't RFC simply have a holiday? Take a cruise, visit Venice, Dubrovnik, and similar places to recharge. No hurry, come back to lead the charge again afterwards.

------------

Other than the other projects on his plate, not an issue.
Actually RFC deserves it. Baen can give him a break.

-- MHO / YMMV

-- Stewart
Post by stewart   » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:58 pm

stewart
Captain of the List

bert953 wrote:Im wondering if Kingford’s first meeting with Honor will be included as a flashback. Something like ... just last week it was brought to my attenion that evil agents have infiltrated the Solarian League Admiralty. We already identified 5 high ranking enemy agents, but as soon as we confront them they fall over dead. We really dont know who to trust or what the bad guys are trying to do, other than to provide an environment for millions of people to get in harms way because of military escalation (ie a missile firing war)... any suggestions?

-----------

With Honor taking a maternity leave vacation, perhaps Uncle Jacques could offer to let BCB be introduced to members of the SLN Flag Staff -- that "might" prove interesting, especially with Kingsford's knowledge of Geown's sudden demise...

-- Stewart

Return to Honorverse