Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests

Global Warming - Climate Change

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Global Warming - Climate Change
Post by cthia   » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:22 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Heavens to Murgatroyd!

Am I just paranoid?

MYTH or FACT?

Sometimes I fear that the birds are going to hold a summit with the insects and say . . .

"SQUAWK THIS! LET'S TAKE BACK OUR PLANET!"

"SQUAWK?"

"FUCK, bees. FUCK."

"Why didn't you just say so? We understand all about the birds and the bees."

If so, we bee fucked.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Re: Global Warming - Climate Change
Post by cthia   » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:10 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

68 years of hydraulic fracturing. One of the causes of climate change?

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Senior Chief   » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:52 pm

Senior Chief
Commander

Wow... we had 2 inches of rain here where I live all within 24 hours... I guess we had climate change since it only rains 3 to 4 days out of the year here in "sunny" SDGO.

Volcano's spew out more co2 in one day than all the cars in CA in one year...

Oceans produce methane gas naturally... and oh by the way so do cows...
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:24 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Senior Chief wrote:Wow... we had 2 inches of rain here where I live all within 24 hours... I guess we had climate change since it only rains 3 to 4 days out of the year here in "sunny" SDGO.

Volcano's spew out more co2 in one day than all the cars in CA in one year...

Oceans produce methane gas naturally... and oh by the way so do cows...

I myself am a prolific emitter of Methane gas.
Post by chuckpeterson   » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:07 pm

chuckpeterson
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

The Great flood is a climate changer``````--------

A study by NASA and university researchers, published in the June 14, 2013 issue of Science, found however that ocean waters melting the undersides of Antarctic ice shelves are responsible for most of the continent's ice shelf mass loss.[2]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_shelf

An ice shelf is a thick suspended platform of ice that forms where a glacier or ice sheet flows down to a coastline and onto the ocean surface. Ice shelves are only found in Antarctica, Greenland, Canada, and the Russian Arctic. The boundary between the floating ice shelf and the anchor ice (resting on bedrock) that feeds it is called the grounding line. The thickness of ice shelves can range from about 100 m (330 ft) to 1,000 m (3,300 ft).

The Snowball Earth hypothesis proposes that during one or more of Earth's icehouse climates, Earth's surface became entirely or nearly entirely frozen at least once, sometime earlier than 650 Mya(million years ago). Proponents of the hypothesis argue that it best explains sedimentary deposits generally regarded as of glacial origin at tropicalpalaeolatitudes and other enigmatic features in the geological record. Opponents of the hypothesis contest the implications of the geological evidence for global glaciation and the geophysical feasibility of an ice- or slush-covered ocean[3][4]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowball_Earth

"Snowball Earth" Confirmed: Ice Covered Equator Earth's now steamy Equator was covered with ice 716 million years ago, according to a new study.
Strange fossil may be rare insect preserved in gemstone.

The finding appears to add solid evidence to the theory of an ancient "snowball Earth."
https://news.nationalgeographic.com/new ... l-warming/

In the beginning, planet Earth was a very inhospitable place with no oxygen and only single-celled bacteria as inhabitants. According to a new study, the oxygen content in the air began to increase about 2.4 billion years ago, at the same time as the global glaciation and when all continents were gathered in a single huge landmass, or supercontinent. How to explain the exact connection between these events, however, is a question that baffles the researchers.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 104352.htm

A Brief History of Ice Ages and Warming
Global warming started long before the "Industrial Revolution" and the invention of the internal combustion engine. Global warming began 18,000 years ago as the earth started warming its way out of the Pleistocene Ice Age-- a time when much of North America, Europe, and Asia lay buried beneath great sheets of glacial ice.
https://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/ice_ages.html

As the ice sheet melted the runoff looked like a flood, so they called it a “GREAT FLOOD”

There is ample proof of a great flood and now it is time to flip the argument. It is time for the doubters to prove there wasn’t a flood.

Deniers, it’s your turn; go for it !!!!
Post by Annachie   » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:19 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Climate change is a fact.
You can't argue with that.
Always has, always will. Until the planet is devoured by the sun.

The speed and severity of said change, and how much human activity is affecting that speed and severity, well there's your room for arguement.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by cthia   » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:32 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Annachie wrote:Climate change is a fact.
You can't argue with that.
Always has, always will. Until the planet is devoured by the sun.

The speed and severity of said change, and how much human activity is affecting that speed and severity, well there's your room for arguement.

Indeed. It's quite illogical to think that man can't destroy the planet with his abject ignorance. Do forgive me if I keep an open mind to the possibility of expediting things beyond just a wee bit. Most people I've met always center on one factor, but fail to consider a total gang rape of the planet - Pollution, GMOs, Global Warming, Deforestation, Construction, oil rigs -- land and ocean, failing to recycle (Seen or heard about the enormous amounts of plastic that ends up in the ocean and in the belly of whales?) and Hydraulic Fracturing to name the most suggested culprits. I'm a civil engineer and I've seen troubling effects on ground water near fracking and drilling sites beyond the usual more serious contaminations -- arsenic and hydrocarbons. I've seen changes in flow rate as well as drastic changes in the water table. Unnatural underground erosion can become a serious problem. Would you like a sinkhole with that brand new home? Trust me, it's much more than just a new basement.

Now add to the above the appalling number (2127 thus far and counting) of nuclear devices detonated as tests above ground, underground, in the ocean and atmospheric. I'm not sure if man's not ultimately testing the destruction of the planet. There are sink holes that open up out of nowhere swallowing large parts of neighborhoods. Imagine lying in bed then swallowed by the ground. Our ecosystem isn't located in space. We need to pay closer attention to it. Ask some of the creatures affected. I'm willing to bet the tiny fire ants would like to give us a piece of their minds. "Phucking idiot two-legs. Why I oughta!"

How could I have forgotten about the woes of the rainforest? Anyone making decisions about it should have to visit it first.

I'm simply saying that man might wish to consider looking before he leaps. Measuring before he bungee jumps. Do some serious studies for once. What if a sink hole had opened up under Atlas.

The Wizard: "I'm sorry, but it just ain't Kansas anymore, Dorothy. Man's accumulative ignorance is amongst his worse enemies. If he only had a brain. Or a heart."

Return to Free-Range Topics...