Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

The Last Ship

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: The Last Ship
Post by Dilandu   » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:36 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
Once the threats of a Kirov class Battlecruiser then a British Astute class submarine ran their course,the writers had to fabricate threats that were ludicrous. The show ceased to be interesting or remotely credible. The ongoing conflicts are not credible in context of a plague that has wiped out the majority of the human race.

The most appalling was, that they never gave "Kirov" a chance to have a fair combat, instead sinking her in completely ridiculous manner (those ships HAVE anti-diversion defenses, you know!). And they make all Russian cruiser shots on the "Iowa". Seriously?!
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by Imaginos1892   » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:40 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Dilandu wrote:The most appalling was, that they never gave "Kirov" a chance to have a fair combat, instead sinking her in completely ridiculous manner

I can see why they did it that way, though. The two classes are fairly evenly matched, so whichever ship 'won' would still be beat to shit, and that wasn't in the script.

Dilandu wrote:And they make all Russian cruiser shots on the "Iowa". Seriously?!

You're getting them mixed up. The Kirov cruiser was in the first season, long gone when they brought in the bullshit Iowa class battleship in the fifth season.
———————————
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!
Post by Dilandu   » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:26 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:You're getting them mixed up. The Kirov cruiser was in the first season, long gone when they brought in the bullshit Iowa class battleship in the fifth season.
———————————
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!

No, they actually done "Vernyy" ("Kirov" -class in series) shots onboard one of "Iowa"-class battleships. That's why there are triple 16-inch turret onboard in some shots)

P.S. And, "Vernyy" (russian for "Loyal") is the traditional name for Russian destroyers, not cruisers. Cruisers were usually named either after famous naval heroes (like "Admiral Nakhimov"), or large cities (like "Moskva"), or took famous names from previous ships (like "Varyag").
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:36 am

TFLYTSNBN

Michael Everett wrote:...I really wish that Tfly's comment could surprise me.

Any chance I could arrange a petition for Tfly's username to be changed to Void_Cowboy?

(bonus points for anyone who understands that reference)

Have I ever explained that I would have stopped watching Star Trek Voyager if they had not brought in the Seven-of-Nine character? Jeri Ryan certainly brings new meaning to the phrase "Borg Implants." All the more impressive because Jeri Ryan does not have implants, Borg, Silicone or Saline.
Post by phillies   » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:07 am

phillies
Admiral

Once upon a time, like 60 years ago, a TV network decided to launch something totally novel, a medical show with the MD-hero making realistic decisions. My father, who was an MD, watched the first episode. He noted no fewer than 27 instances of malpractice.

Return to Free-Range Topics...