Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 37 guests

Congrats to our host!

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Congrats to our host!
Post by phillies   » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:55 pm

phillies
Admiral

I quote his message on Uncompromising Honor:

"I am about to be . . . immodest.

Uncompromising Honor was #7 on the Publishers Weekly bestsellers list for science fiction the week of September 24.

It is currently #9 on the New York Times hardcover bestsellers list.

It is also currently #8 on the New York Times combined Print and E-books bestsellers list.

For those who are keeping track (and I'd honestly gotten behind on these numbers until Marla at Baen Books updated me this afternoon), this is the third time I've made it into the NYT top 10 (the other 2 were War of Honor, which made it to #8, and A Rising Thunder, which made it to #3). In total, there have been 17 Honorverse NYT bestsellers; a total of 25 of my Baen titles have made the list; and I've had 32, overall.

I genuinely hadn't realized there were that many. Now Sharon is going to be really upset, because she's going to have to spend more time beating me to keep my ego in check.

For everybody out there buying the book, thank you.

I hope that you enjoy it, because the fact that so many of you have been with me and Honor for so long — and so loyally — is one of the greatest compliments I have ever been paid."

We thank you for what you have done.
Re: Congrats to our host!
Post by cthia   » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:15 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Congrats David Weber!

Let's not forget the supporting cast of those who serve, like the families left at home.

Behind every great author is a wife telling him "You better NOT kill off Honor!"

Congrats Sharon Weber!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:15 pm

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

I finished reading my hard bound copy just before sunrise today....
Literally could not put it down (well when my wife rolled over and said "It is 1:AM) but I was not able to sleep after I turned the light out and I was reading again before too long.

I have nearly everything he wrote and/or I have checked it out through public library and I think this is a grand master at the height of his craft!
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:16 pm

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

cthia wrote:Congrats David Weber!

Let's not forget the supporting cast of those who serve, like the families left at home.

Behind every great author is a wife telling him "You better NOT kill off Honor!"

Congrats Sharon Weber!

Well said!
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by roseandheather   » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:21 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

standing_ovation.gif
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."

Return to Honorverse