Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

Trump gets another SCOTUS appointment?

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Trump gets another SCOTUS appointment?
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:59 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:https://www.real.video/5845501785001

Typical Progressive thought, she must be believed without evidence. Where is the evidence? Why did she not file charges?

People like you smr.

That's why.

You want to know why women don't think they can come forward when stuff like this happens? Read your own reactions right here in this thread when they do.

All sorts of investigations start happening when she files a police report. She chose not to. She chose not to cooperate with the FBI investigation.

She was asking and asking and asking the FBI to come talk to her. They are the ones who didn't. Because the white House limited what they were permitted to do. So stow that bullshit if you don't mind.

Her own best friend does not remember her being at the party.

"Does not remember" is not the same thing as "remembers it not happening".

That same friend has explicitly stated she believes Ford.

No good prosecutor who take the case without some type of evidence. This becomes he/she said admission with the witnesses disputing her testimony.

No smr, it did not "become" he said/she said. The GOP did everything in their power to MAKE it he said/she said when they insisted that it be exactly that. When they refused to allow any other witnesses. When they refused to allow the FBI to investigate properly. When they demanded that the ONLY people allowed to speak at the hearing her he... and she.

They LITERALLY required it to be he said/she said when it didn't have to be. Because that's what they WANTED you clueless wonder.

What about inconsistencies between her Congressional testimony and the notes of the therapist?

Minor and already explained.

What about the money she received from a GoFundMe account (about a million dollars) and not to mention the (potential) book deal.

Se has no control over whether people see what is happening and decide they want to set up a go fund me for her. What does that have to do with anything? Kavanaugh had one set up for him too.

Known Democratic activist? Why did she delete her Social Media accounts before the news was deliberately leaked?

Look at the reaction. The entirely completely predictable reaction. She had to take her family into hiding and get private security because of the death threats genius, her social media would have been a sewer.

Then she had a beef with Kavanaugh's family over a ruling about a bankruptcy ruling against her father? He lost everything except the house!

As has been pointed out to you over and over and over, that ruling was in her father's favor.

Why was this not discovered in the 7 investigations?

Because they were standard freaking background checks NOT LOOKING for it.

Nice try...please back up your allegations with facts that can be corroborated by her witnesses at the party. I do not know much about Canada other than the times I was a tourist but I do know that a person is innocent until proven guilty here in America.

How is it that you STILL do not understand the difference between screening an applicant for a high level extremely powerful government position that requires the holder to be of impeccable character to hold the trust of the public.... and a criminal trial?
Post by Annachie   » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:25 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Because he doesn't require the person to be of impecable character, just the correct political persuasion.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by smr   » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:09 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Annachie wrote:Because he doesn't require the person to be of impecable character, just the correct political persuasion.

Refresh my memory, what is he guilty of? That's right, he was selected by Trump and the resist Trump movement can't have a Conservative Supreme Court! Too Bad! This scenario sure reminds me of other dirty tricks the Demoncrats have been known to pull.

Gcomeau, have you ever been through a background by the FBI not to mention a Presidential background check? No, I did not think so. They are extremely detailed...try goggle that might just explain the fine details that they go into!

SUPREME COURT JUSTICE KAVANAUGH - that must send you into a depression! Here's some milk and cookies to help ease the burdens of your broken heart!
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:37 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Gceumo

You really, really do NOT understand how crime can effect normal people who arent involved in the gang and drug culture. Normal people can literally get caught in the crossfire. The US gun control lobby would be SOL if normal people could be confident that insanely high murder rates are not going to effect them.
Post by Annachie   » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:44 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

What part of lying under oath do you find acceptable?
What part of avoiding pertinant questions do you find acceptable?
What part of that piss poor hissy fit that he threw acceptable?

What part of "Job interview" are you having trouble with? Not a criminal process, though a proper investigation could have led there.
A job interview at which he performed incredibly badly.
To the point where some of his supporters changed their mind. Unimportant people like thd Bar association and a retired Supreme Court Judge. You know, people who clearly have no idea what they are talking about.

Clearly it's the part thst is linked to his partisanship.
At least be a man and admit that that had far more to do with his acceptability in your eyes than anything else possibly could have.

Hell, even Justice Roberts has refered judicial misconduct complaints about Kavanaugh's behaviour during the confirmation process for further investigation.

He probably can't do anything if they are found to be justified, but the sheer fact that Justice Roberts refered them at all is damning.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Eyal   » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:45 am

Eyal
Captain (Junior Grade)

smr wrote:Refresh my memory, what is he guilty of?

Do you actually read peoples response in this thread?

Gcomeau, have you ever been through a background by the FBI not to mention a Presidential background check?

The President isn't subject to a security xheck.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:45 am

TFLYTSNBN

Eyal wrote:

Gcomeau, have you ever been through a background by the FBI not to mention a Presidential background check?

Actually, the POTUS is subject to a background check. Clinton failed his background check which resulted in difficulties.
Governor Palin had passed an extensive background check because of the National Security issues related to Alaska. She passed it spectacularly and actually had a higher security clearance than Senator John McCaine.
Post by smr   » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:51 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

When someone is working with the President of the United States of America, they are subject to most extensive background that the Federal government can do. Remind me again what was Supreme Court Justice Kavanaugh previous job in the Bush Administration. Most people are not aware of extensive background checks people must endure when working in sensitive positions within the government and Kavanaugh endured them 7 times.

In the beginning, I questioned Ford's testimony but felt like something happened to her. Later, discussing this with my wife, she convinced me that Mrs. Ford was lying. She points out that she remembers all the details of her initial rapes and beatings. She remembers the smells, the clothing and identities of people that subjugated her to a slave and whore. It was very clinical and routine to for them to break the spirits of women. Translated they had one this before. In an incident either the woman totally suppresses the memory or totally relives the memory in her dreams. My wife remembers the attacks. My wife learned to control her dreams. She made the attacks into black and white memories and when she does have a dream flashback, she puts in ballerina costumes and has them dance for her in her dreams. It works for her, I thought training her to defend herself would help but all that did was make her confident in defending herself and her son.

Their is no evidence of the alleged event. Witnesses do not recall Mrs. Ford being their at the party. As a result, we have a he said/she said situation. Well, once a serial rapist...always a serial rapist. 35 years later, He has not been to jail or investigated for sexual assault. My conclusions are that Brett Kavanaugh is innocent of these allegations without some type of corroboration or evidence of the alleged incident. Two, Mrs. Rose I think something happened to you. If this incident occurred or a different incident occurred, my deepest sympathies and apologies to you. Third, only God, Brett, and Mrs.Rose know the truth. If this incident occurred, Brett will pay this incident in the afterlife! Fourth, I believe the Demoncrats used this incident to further their own political and ideological agenda.

Eyal wrote:

Post by noblehunter   » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:03 pm

noblehunter
Captain (Junior Grade)

I would like to point out that one reason why victims don't come forward is that they are subject to endless scrutiny of whether or not their experience and memory meets preconceived notions of what it's supposed to be. So "she must be lying because she didn't remember XYZ" may not support the argument you think it does.

ETA: The Democrats used the allegation to forward their own agenda?! I'm shocked--Shocked!--to find politics in Washington.
Post by PeterZ   » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:19 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Annachie wrote:What part of lying under oath do you find acceptable?
What part of avoiding pertinant questions do you find acceptable?
What part of that piss poor hissy fit that he threw acceptable?

What part of "Job interview" are you having trouble with? Not a criminal process, though a proper investigation could have led there.
A job interview at which he performed incredibly badly.
To the point where some of his supporters changed their mind. Unimportant people like thd Bar association and a retired Supreme Court Judge. You know, people who clearly have no idea what they are talking about.

Clearly it's the part thst is linked to his partisanship.
At least be a man and admit that that had far more to do with his acceptability in your eyes than anything else possibly could have.

Hell, even Justice Roberts has refered judicial misconduct complaints about Kavanaugh's behaviour during the confirmation process for further investigation.

He probably can't do anything if they are found to be justified, but the sheer fact that Justice Roberts refered them at all is damning.

Dude, progressives have spent decades making the most rediculous claims about conservatives and their other political opponents. Over that period the MSM have embraced the most vile accusations and assertions as either fact or as serious rumors to be repeated as often as possible.

Because of that, I doubt I would believe anything a proggy says is fact. I won't support any position a proggy believes is right or just. I will by conscious choice support whatever proggies believe is wrong or is bad.

I will be wrong at times but right more often than not. The more virulently you deride anything, the more likely that something is a good choice for non-proggies. I tryly don't care what you think of how I come to this view, I truly don't. We agree on nothing and hold no common values. That means the values you use to come to your conclusions don't move me at all and I am sure vice versa.

Your low opinion of me and those I have agreement with is a validation that we are not too far wrong in our beliefs and views. That the rest of our country including minorities are growing more supportive of those views makes me more confident that proggy influence is waning: 40% of blacks and 45% of Hispanics support trump and his brand of populism. I wish all you foreign proggies well and am growing happier that our domestic proggies are growing less potent.

Return to Politics