Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

CO2 sanity

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: CO2 sanity
Post by The E   » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:37 am

The E
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/10/03/uah-globally-the-coolest-september-in-the-last-10-years/

ahhh, the typical TFLY comeback. Call someone out for committing a fallacy, then committing that fallacy in your own attempt to prove that you're right.

Except, of course, for one little thing.

"Appeal to authority" is a fallacy, yes. What then do we call an appeal to someone or something that isn't an authority?

That graph neatly illustrates that the climate is getting warmer overall, just like every such graph does. What it doesn't show is the reasons behind it. That's where actual scientists (like what Anthony Watts isn't) come in to do actual research.

Speaking of Watts: I know that name! He's the guy who accidentally made the case for AGW stronger! He's the guy who, when he did apply scientific methodology, came to results contradicting his pronouncements! He's the guy who once claimed that he would accept a study's result, even if it didn't confirm his opinions, only to backpedal when it (expectedly) didn't (I will now use my patented "Know what you are thinking" powers to predict your response to this point in particular: Yes, Watts claimed that he only refused to accept the paper's results because it wasn't peer-reviewed... only problem is, he did that while the paper was in peer review).
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:20 am

TFLYTSNBN

Annachie wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/10/03/uah-globally-the-coolest-september-in-the-last-10-years/
You do understand that quoting one localized area's weather as proof that the earth is not warming, or that the climate is not changing is damn near the height of stupidity. At least with regard to climate change anyway.

Especially after you've been telling people to look at the whole system.

What next, a photo of a snowball in the dead lands?

We are talking about a massively complex system.
We are talking about trends which go back decades, and from the geological records, appear to be unprecedented in speed.
We know, roughly, what variabled are driving those changes.

So, what the hell is wrong with trying to mitigate the variables where we can?
Especially if it involves increased efficiency?

This is the satellyte measurements of GLOBAL temperature, not local temperature!
Cant you people even read?
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:26 am

TFLYTSNBN

Obviously; none of you people are willing to accept the challenge to derive the equation that defines the equilibrium temperature of the planet. I will start the process with one, simple equation that is the starting point. Can any of you people deduce the obvious implications?

Radiated Power = Stefan Boltzman constant x (Temperature in Kelvin)^4

What does this tell you about radiative forcing?

What is the equilibrium temperature of a flat plate with an albedo of zero in thebvisible spectrum and an Infrared emissivity of 1?
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:41 am

TFLYTSNBN

The E wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:When you have done some actual calculations rather than merely regurgitate talking points, then we can have an intelligent discussion.

Please provide proof that you have done the math first.

Preferably in the form of peer-reviewed journal articles in the relevant scientific fields.

You really, really aren stuck on that appeal to authority arent you. Notban originsl thought in your head except to spew insults.
Post by The E   » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:18 pm

The E
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:You really, really aren stuck on that appeal to authority arent you. Notban originsl thought in your head except to spew insults.

The thing I'm stuck on is your hypocrisy and dishonesty.
Post by Annachie   » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:32 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Lol, meant month, typed area.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:05 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Annachie wrote:
You do understand that quoting one localized area's weather as proof that the earth is not warming, or that the climate is not changing is damn near the height of stupidity. At least with regard to climate change anyway.

Especially after you've been telling people to look at the whole system.

What next, a photo of a snowball in the dead lands?

We are talking about a massively complex system.
We are talking about trends which go back decades, and from the geological records, appear to be unprecedented in speed.
We know, roughly, what variabled are driving those changes.

So, what the hell is wrong with trying to mitigate the variables where we can?
Especially if it involves increased efficiency?

The geological and icevcore record indicates that global temperture increases preceed increases in C02 levels.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:06 pm

TFLYTSNBN

The E wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:You really, really aren stuck on that appeal to authority arent you. Notban originsl thought in your head except to spew insults.

The thing I'm stuck on is your hypocrisy and dishonesty.

The thing I'm stuck on is your hypocrosy, dishonesty, arrogance and hostility. You really are a troll.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:47 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Just in case anyone can interpret a graph, notice the 15 year pause in warming.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/02/01/ ... arm-years/

Note that classical AGW theology predicted that temperatures would rise rather than remain constant.

Just FYI, i would love to have global satellyte data for the past 100,000 years.
Post by The E   » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:51 pm

The E
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:The thing I'm stuck on is your hypocrosy, dishonesty, arrogance and hostility. You really are a troll.

Remind me when I was actively being hypocritical or dishonest. I'll wait.

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Just in case anyone can interpret a graph, notice the 15 year pause in warming.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/02/01/ ... arm-years/

Note that classical AGW theology predicted that temperatures would rise rather than remain constant.

Yeah, see, I can read graphs. And those graphs there show a slow but steady trend of temperatures climbing upwards.

Return to Politics