Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests

Son of GOD EXISTS

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: Son of GOD EXISTS
Post by Exidor   » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:45 pm

Exidor
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Imaginos1892 wrote:Can you identify one tiny detail about the universe that would be different depending on whether your god exists, or does not?

Can't say that I've ever tried such a thing, and really don't see why I should need to.

Imaginos1892 wrote:If you can’t, what cause is there for believing in a god that makes no difference to the universe?"

Ah - so you don't know I have cause, and won't accept that I do except that such cause should meet you stingent requirements.

That's fine. :)

Imaginos1892 wrote:Objection. Assumption of cause without evidence. Assumption of causative entity without evidence.

Oddly, I didn't realize I was in a court of law.

Imaginos1892 wrote:Your unfounded belief that the optical properties of light and water drops had to be created does not make it so.

(shrug) Physicists are undecided whether Big Bang Theory means our universe began from a singularity, or that current knowledge is insufficient to describe the universe at that point in time.

Can as easily believe that an Almighty Creator said, "Let there be light", snapped His fingers -)Big Bang(- and established the physics behind the rainbow. I persionally see no reason that God could not use the Big Bang as his tool to create the universe.

I'm not asking you to accept my belief as your own - which means I really don't have to justisfy or otherwise prove what I believe. In fact, I stated from the start that I cannot prove what I believe.

Imaginos1892 wrote:Because they claim to speak for God, and are such transparent lying sacks of shit.

And, according to my belief, they will get what they've earned through their works - so simply because they haven't been punished now doesn't necessarily mean they will not be punished at all.

Funny thing about free will - one can pave their way to hell by themself, even if they think they are doing good in the name of their God.

Imaginos1892 wrote:In one of Aron Ra’s lectures

Sorry, had to look him up.

Imaginos1892 wrote:he said a creationist told him he could prove the existence of Jesus by fasting and praying in the desert for 30 days.

Creationists are - to me - their own brand of... belief. :) I rather had a good laugh to discover that the Ark attraction in Kentucky had dinosaurs in Noah's Ark.
Post by Exidor   » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:49 pm

Exidor

The E wrote:When was the last time you suppressed one of your deeply held beliefs to deal with someone because you didn't want to cause them offence?

Don't think I have - else I wouldn't have started in on this conversation. I don't tend towards confrontationalism, nor do I consider being tactful as suppressing. :)
Post by Exidor   » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:52 pm

Exidor

cthia wrote:I ask non believers whether they would choose. . .

I think that non-believers have chosen.

cthia wrote:God must really have a sense of humor...

I think it was a commedian that said the duck-billed platypus was proof that God has a sense of humor...
Post by Imaginos1892   » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:25 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Everybody knows about Spartacus. There are Roman records of where and when Spartacus was born, where and when he died, a lot of details about his life, and a whole shitload of details about the slave rebellion he wound up leading.

According to The Bible, Jesus caused almost as much trouble as Spartacus about a hundred years later — and yet the compulsively record-keeping Romans did not see fit to write ONE SINGLE WORD about any of those very public incidents, or the person responsible. I find it harder to believe that those events actually took place and NO records were ever made of them, than the multiple uncorroborated accounts of magic and miracles.

Exidor wrote:Can as easily believe that an Almighty Creator said, "Let there be light", snapped His fingers -)Big Bang(- and established the physics behind the rainbow. I persionally see no reason that God could not use the Big Bang as his tool to create the universe.

You could believe that, but what use is such a belief? It is not an answer. It does not impart any knowledge, give any insight into how the universe works, define any of the properties of matter, energy, space or time, and there is no evidence whatsoever to support that belief. You could just as easily believe in Nathan Brazil.

Exidor wrote:
Imaginos1892 wrote:Because they claim to speak for God, and are such transparent lying sacks of shit.

And, according to my belief, they will get what they've earned through their works - so simply because they haven't been punished now doesn't necessarily mean they will not be punished at all.

That doesn't prevent them from subjecting impressionable children to bullshit and telling them it's Absolute Truth. From sabotaging the minds of our next generation for their own benefit. From indoctrinating those children to interfere with other children's education. The damage they do is REAL! Yet you are content to believe they will be punished in some imagined afterlife of which there is absolutely no evidence.

I am not content. They should be stopped in this life.
———————————
"They are so obsessed with their imaginary afterlife, they neglect to live the real one."
———————————
Last edited by Imaginos1892 on Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Post by ywing14   » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:33 pm

ywing14
Captain (Junior Grade)

Imaginos, taking other people's faith a little personal?
Post by Exidor   » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:47 pm

Exidor

Daryl wrote:I must admit to being peeved by the statement that I and most other humans are naturally not kind and ethical, but are restrained by some old rules.

I can't blame you - I get a tad aggravated with "them" trying to convince me of the same thing. :) And, to be candid, some of "them" got peeved with me putting forward that if we accept that Man is created in God's image, then Man is as able to be "Humane" under his own laws. (Sometimes some multi-denominational meetings can get... interesting)

Daryl wrote:The bible may say "do not kill" but it also says don't eat shell fish or pork, and don't wear more than one type of fabric at the same time.

One of the reasons I believe in a growing faith, not static. I'm rather confident that those strictures on diet made sense at the time (roughly 1445 BC) where they were - not so much today. Not certain about the "why" of the fabric issue, but confess I've not looked into it - it, too, may have made sense at that time. Or not.

For myself, I generally consider the strictures of Leveticus to have been lifted at the coming of Jesus, as the OT emphasized the Mosaic Covenant with its focus on the Law of the Lord, but the NT began a new covenant in which Jesus came as a fulfillment of the Law. The mileage of others varies - sometimes extremely so. A Comparitive Religion course was something of an eye-opener to me.

I know I enjoy a good grilled Ham & Cheese, or a BLT with a generous serving of bacon - but I'm just not a big fan of most shellfish. (Clams are about the only shellfish I eat on any sort of regular basis) :)
Post by Exidor   » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:55 pm

Exidor

Annachie wrote:"Kill them all, and God will know his own!" "

Was originally said by a christian Bishop about a christian village that refused to hand over supposed heretics.

Abbott, or so it is said, at the sack of Béziers.

Can't say I think well of any of the Crusades.
Post by Exidor   » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:02 am

Exidor

Imaginos1892 wrote: There are few things scarier than a nutjob convinced that 'God is on his side'.

I'd have phrased it as "There are few things scarier than a fanatic convinced he is doing God's will." But that's me and my mileage. :)

I've never figured out how an individual can say they believe "Thou Shalt Not Kill (or Murder)" is a Commandment from God, and turn around and say that it is God's will that they murder innocents. To me, that's somewhat insane.
Last edited by Exidor on Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post by Exidor   » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:05 am

Exidor

Lord Skimper wrote:Just don't ask what is in the protein bars.

Solent Green is People!

Dang, I haven't seen that one in ages...
Post by Annachie   » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:12 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Exidor wrote:I think it was a commedian that said the duck-billed platypus was proof that God has a sense of humor...

Or ADD. Could go either way.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)

Return to Free-Range Topics...