Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests

What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:07 pm

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

smr wrote:That's funny; the sad thing is you believe in your own rhetoric or were you just intentionally trolling me.

smr wrote:Your welcome to your viewpoint.

It is a cult that you belong to... one that has its members heads so far up their ass they are seeing daylight sneaking past their tonsils but their brain is so starved for fresh air that they could not recognize the truth even if they heard it on Faux News...

Oh wait what am I saying???? The truth on Faux News? Must have been an accident.

Racism was described as mental illness
"a delusional symptom of psychotic disorder"... which come to think about it seems to describe 99% of what Trump said and did since he (I want to say took office but it is far longer than that) who knows really how long he has been so irrational?
But you love him because he is very white. Do you realize that the upper echelons in the "movement" laugh at your level of cannon fodder and call you white trash when the speak among themselves?
No... of course not... they dangle the carrot in front of you and let you pull the load.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1071634/

Of course you know I am welcome to my viewpoint... You said so yourself

Well, if you really are not a white supremacist recasts, maybe it would help me to understand your basic thinking by asking a different question...

Of all the characters in all of David Weber's books who do you most identify with? If you could pick the next leader of the US from among them; who would it be?
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by Michael Everett   » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:16 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

C. O. Thompson wrote:If you could pick the next leader of the US from among them; who would it be?

I would pick Admiral Mark Sarnow.
Not only is he one of the good admirals (willing to put his career in jeapordy to help others), but it would be amusing for the USA to have both a POTUS and a FHOTUS since RFC has confirmed that Sarnow is very happily married to his husband.
:twisted:
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:13 pm

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

Michael Everett wrote:
C. O. Thompson wrote:If you could pick the next leader of the US from among them; who would it be?

Not only is he one of the good admirals (willing to put his career in jeapordy to help others), but it would be amusing for the USA to have both a POTUS and a FHOTUS since RFC has confirmed that Sarnow is very happily married to his husband.

I have to go back and do some reading... I have favorable recollections but not clear or strong ones so
Thanks

I will say this, I would far rather have someone who is a combat vet as Commander in Chief than someone whose father pulled strings to keep him out of the service and who now looks down his nose at the men and women who serve(d)
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by smr   » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:10 am

smr
Vice Admiral

Hey Gcomeau, they have turned up the power on the stove and it's starting to boil. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_TUZk9Bwtk

Multiple Grand Juries being convened! The Rats are running and turning on each other.
Post by gcomeau   » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:04 am

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:Hey Gcomeau, they have turned up the power on the stove and it's starting to boil. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_TUZk9Bwtk

Multiple Grand Juries being convened! The Rats are running and turning on each other.

You really need to stop watching Hannity as if it is news and not fictional entertainment...
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:32 am

gcomeau
Admiral

So you know how conservatives always liked to claim that when Obama was president the world was "laughing at the US" but couldn't actually point to anyone laughing?

Trump is not telling a joke to the UN here. He *is* the joke.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1044597810501505026

The world just *literally* laughed at the President of The United States telling idiotic lies about how accomplished his administration is.
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:51 pm

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

Michael Everett wrote:

I just re-read A Short Victorious War and started Fields of Dishonor trying to get a better reference point for your frame of mind.
In Chapter 20 of ASVW I found a nearly identical description of a person who is nearly identical to President Trump but it was not Sarnow... it was Paval Young.

Now I am even more confused by your choice to support Trump.

Just my 2¢
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by Michael Everett   » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:58 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

C. O. Thompson wrote:Now I am even more confused by your choice to support Trump.

I don't.
The concept was to pick the next President, not the character most resembling the current one.

As for Trump, I don't support him. I don't hate him either. I see him as the statistically inevitable eventual outcome of how America chooses its temporary monarchs (seriously, given the powers of the President and what he is responsible/blamed for, it's a valid comparison). You get the good ones, the corrupt ones, the ones whose political footwork makes Riverdance look slow and clumsy...
...and the occasional one who sees only the power it offers and has no clue about the responsibilities that have to be shouldered until they come crashing down with the force of a de-orbiting blue whale that was once a missile.

Trump's outlook reminds somewhat me of the Shin'a'in Ambassador Jarim*, a man who is incredibly loyal to his own people but knows almost nothing about those he has to work with since they are Outlanders and therefore he doesn't need to understand them since he is there to protect his own people from their inevitable depredations, an outlook that causes so much political tension that the Shin'a'in eventually have to send another person simply to keep him under control.
Trump knows what he knows and he knows it, so anything he doesn't know he has no need to know.... you know?

*Storm Breaking, Part 2 of the Mage Storms Trilogy, Valdemar series, Mercedes Lackey.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Daryl   » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:12 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

I've been fortunate enough to do a lot of traveling, and at least one time on a trip you have an "Ugly American" in your group, hopefully just for the day. Trump is a classic example of the breed.
A couple of examples stand out - the fat man in the Hawaiian shirt at Dover loudly telling everyone that the Roman Pharos isn't a lighthouse but a fort, as "I know forts". Never mind that it has a fully documented history for 2000 years.
Another was the loud middle aged woman in Amsterdam claiming to be a US Marine Colonel, and informing us that the cobbled streets were fakes built by the locals to impress tourists, because "They used to use horses, and horses couldn't walk on cobbles".
Happy to concede that most Americans aren't like that, but those that are now have their perfect representative.
Post by jchilds   » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:59 am

jchilds
Captain of the List

Real life Sheriff J.W. Peppers? :shock:

Return to Politics