Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests

Son of GOD EXISTS

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: Son of GOD EXISTS
Post by smr   » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:42 am

smr
Vice Admiral

'You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink' is a proverb which means that you can give someone an opportunity but not force them to take it. We humans have created proverbs of wisdom for thousands of years. Just because a person has been educated, programmed culturally, and demonized socially to reject the bible doe not mean that the bible does not contain wisdom. I support a person's right to accept or reject the Wisdom contained in the bible.

Proverbs 1:5

A wise man will hear and increase learning,
And a man of understanding will [b]attain wise counsel,

dscott8 wrote:
smr wrote:psalm 37
37 Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace.

Quoting a 2,000 year old book of folk tales is not a substitute for a reasonable argument.
Post by dscott8   » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:02 am

dscott8
Commodore

smr wrote:'You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink' is a proverb which means that you can give someone an opportunity but not force them to take it. We humans have created proverbs of wisdom for thousands of years. Just because a person has been educated, programmed culturally, and demonized socially to reject the bible doe not mean that the bible does not contain wisdom. I support a person's right to accept or reject the Wisdom contained in the bible.

"Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse." (1 Peter 2:18)
Post by smr   » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:42 am

smr
Vice Admiral

Context Summary
1 Peter 2:13–25 reveals God’s will for those who are free in Christ: to willingly submit to every human authority for God’s sake. This includes emperors, governors, kings, and even slave masters. Peter does not endorse slavery, but he does instruct Christian slaves to endure unjust suffering, as Jesus did for our sake on the cross. He does not expect us to ''obey'' when the instructions are sinful. Rather, Christians are called to imitate Christ by suffering for doing good. Because Jesus was willing to do so, we lost sheep are now under the protection of our shepherd.

https://www.bibleref.com/1-Peter/2/1-Peter-2-18.html

Have you ever had job where you had do immoral actions. Well I have. Do you quit because your morals and ethics are violated? No!...Take the time and find a better job. The facts are that most employers do not want to employ fired workers or people that quit jobs. A person has a better chance of finding a better job while employed.

dscott8 wrote:
smr wrote:'You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink' is a proverb which means that you can give someone an opportunity but not force them to take it. We humans have created proverbs of wisdom for thousands of years. Just because a person has been educated, programmed culturally, and demonized socially to reject the bible doe not mean that the bible does not contain wisdom. I support a person's right to accept or reject the Wisdom contained in the bible.

"Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse." (1 Peter 2:18)
Post by Annachie   » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:39 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

[quote="smr"]psalm 37
37 Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace.
[Quote]

But what about all those billions not named Mark, hmm?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:03 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:'You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink' is a proverb which ...

...applies particularly aptly to you and your conduct on these forums.
Post by smr   » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:58 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Annachie, I know your smarter than that reply. :lol:

[quote="Annachie"][quote="smr"]psalm 37
[Quote]
Post by smr   » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:42 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Never said it did not!

gcomeau wrote:
smr wrote:'You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink' is a proverb which ...

...applies particularly aptly to you and your conduct on these forums.
Post by Imaginos1892   » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:49 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

smr wrote: We humans have created proverbs of wisdom for thousands of years.

Exactly! 'We humans' created ALL proverbs, and came up with ALL wisdom. Along with ALL bullshit and foolishness.

smr wrote:Just because a person has been educated, programmed culturally, and demonized socially to reject the bible doe not mean that the bible does not contain wisdom. I support a person's right to accept or reject the Wisdom contained in the bible.

Yeah, there is some wisdom, here and there, but it’s mixed in with a load of bullshit — which is also presented as wisdom. You have to already have the wisdom to tell the difference. Blindly believing all of it makes you just another indoctrinated dupe.

And I'm not sure whether it's funny or sad when the dupes call me 'culturally programmed' and 'demonized' for NOT accepting preposterous claims unsupported by even the least scrap of evidence.

Not to mention admitting that the reason I reject those claims is because I'm educated.
———————————
Your ‘evidence’ is a collection of 3,000-year-old folk tales adapted or outright stolen from even older folk tales by a bunch of ignorant superstitious primitives that didn’t know jack about shit. And, they heard voices. Today we’ve got drugs for that.
Post by dscott8   » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:01 am

dscott8
Commodore

smr wrote:Context Summary
1 Peter 2:13–25 reveals God’s will for those who are free in Christ: to willingly submit to every human authority for God’s sake. This includes emperors, governors, kings, and even slave masters. Peter does not endorse slavery, but he does instruct Christian slaves to endure unjust suffering, as Jesus did for our sake on the cross. He does not expect us to ''obey'' when the instructions are sinful. Rather, Christians are called to imitate Christ by suffering for doing good. Because Jesus was willing to do so, we lost sheep are now under the protection of our shepherd.

https://www.bibleref.com/1-Peter/2/1-Peter-2-18.html

Have you ever had job where you had do immoral actions. Well I have. Do you quit because your morals and ethics are violated? No!...Take the time and find a better job. The facts are that most employers do not want to employ fired workers or people that quit jobs. A person has a better chance of finding a better job while employed.

Slavery is not a job, but yes, I have quit a job because I felt that the management's business practices were unfair. So has my wife.

By accepting slavery as an established institution, your buddy Peter DOES endorse it by implication. "Be a good slave for Jesus" is one of the most immoral positions I can imagine.

Submitting to kings and emperors is foolish, which is why humanity has pretty much gotten rid of them. "Divine right of kings" was just bullshit to justify grabbing power.
Post by Exidor   » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:13 pm

Exidor
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

gcomeau wrote:
Exidor wrote:Agreed. But, there again, I don't see the need to know how Beethoven created his symphanies in order to simply appreciate them.

But you do need to know at at least some level how he created them to be able to make a claim that you have the answer to the question "how were Beethoven's symphonies created?"

I think I can recall some level of how music is composed from back in school. I wasn't good at music theory, though. :)

gcomeau wrote:So why not just say "we don't know" and be honest about it instead of trying to pretend to knowledge by slapping a name on that total lack of knowledge or understanding of a subject and acting like by calling it "God" you've somehow explained that subject?

:) Possibly because Religion concernes itself primarily with the belief in and worship of an almighty Creator, and not so much with the things that science does?

For what it's worth, I'm fine with you thinking I'm stupid for believing in an Almighty Creator. I’d rather be considered stupid than to have nothing to look forward to except a handful of years and death.

Speaking of looking forward to things, I used to look forward to retirement... (shaking head) only to find it was almost as much work to prep for than as looking for a new job.

gcomeau wrote:And FYI, the moon actually does rotate around its axis...

Yup, as I said the reglar teacher confirmed that for me. :)

gcomeau wrote:So if you feel like it feel free to look your old teacher up on Facebook or something and say I told you so...

Frankly, to me, it isn't worth the effort. I think I've more important things to do than track down an old substitute teacher who likely doesn't even remember me.

Return to Free-Range Topics...