Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

Can we talk about Trump's Dictator/Strongman problem?

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Can we talk about Trump's Dictator/Strongman problem?
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:50 am

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:All Heil Hillary! All Heil Hilary! Sieg Hilary! Wait I thought this was the joke forum because where accusing the US President as a modern day Caesar or Hitler. Who knew someone actually was serious about this topic. He's being accused of being a Dictator. I thought people believed he was joke...a tool...an incompenent buffoon. I am a little slow here which appellation is he again. He must be some dancing fool superstar because he is definitely dancing cirles around his enemies.

Would you at least try to get a clue?

He's not accused of being a dictator. He's accused of really LIKING dictators and WANTING to be a dictator.

Which he does, and he does. The record is abundantly clear on the topic.

He isn't one at the moment because the Courts and Congress remain a check... but Congress has almost completely crumbled in its role on that under current GOP leadership over the last year and a half and Trump is as we speak trying to get someone on the Supreme Court for the sole reason that that person thinks presidents should be immune to criminal law while serving.

Does that set off NO alarm bells in your head? At all?
Post by ywing14   » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:19 pm

ywing14
Captain (Junior Grade)

Joat42 wrote:
Demanding loyalty - there's an oxymoron if I ever heard one.

Not the way I'd want to do it but plenty of people run successful companies that way.
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:56 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

ywing14 wrote:
Joat42 wrote:

Not the way I'd want to do it but plenty of people run successful companies that way.

While it is a practice that is present to some degree in business, and occasionally even successful ones... it is standard operating procedure in shady criminal enterprises and dictatorships.

And it has ZERO place in the government of a Democratic Republic.
Post by Joat42   » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:58 am

Joat42
Admiral

ywing14 wrote:
Joat42 wrote:

That's entirely dependent on what qualifications you use to determine "successful".

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by smr   » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:35 am

smr
Vice Admiral

The real question is why did he issue a series of executive orders.

The first executive order was: 1) To seize all assets from human trafficking. 2) from corruption.

The second executive order was to update Uniform Military Code of Justice. That order goes into affect January 1, 2019. Why is that important?

The third executive order was to extend the state of emergency that Obama initiated. This is order that could potentially be very troubling if misused by the wrong people.
Post by Annachie   » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:17 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

smr, I realize that it is just situation normal with you, but what the hell are you talking about?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:40 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Annachie wrote:smr, I realize that it is just situation normal with you, but what the hell are you talking about?

He's dropping what he thinks are subtle and insightful hints about Trump's super duper secret strategy to overturn the dreaded "Deep State" and rescue America for freedom and liberty and bald eagle babies and stuff... but what he's actually doing is mindlessly repeating absurdist conspiracy theories from idiots like those QAnon doofuses.
Post by smr   » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:19 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

The first two eo I think they are going after HRC, Obaman, and others for UraniumOne, Fisagate, and Spygate.

The last eo is the one that concerns me because their is so much potential of abuse by a Democratic or a Republican Leader. This eo concerns me the most. It would be easy to become a dictator under this type of proclamation. I was trying to keep with the spirit of this forum's title.

Gcomeau bite me. I have maintained for many years that Hilary and Bill deserve to be in jail. Quit trying to link me Q Anon so you can marginalize me. I can discredit myself very easily. Thank you very much. Please go back to your home grown herbs because you get awfully angry when you are not lighting up.
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:46 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:The first two eo I think they are going after HRC, Obaman, and others for UraniumOne, Fisagate, and Spygate.

The last eo is the one that concerns me because their is so much potential of abuse by a Democratic or a Republican Leader. This eo concerns me the most. It would be easy to become a dictator under this type of proclamation. I was trying to keep with the spirit of this forum's title.

Gcomeau bite me. I have maintained for many years that Hilary and Bill deserve to be in jail.

Yes we are all very aware.

We are also all aware that every time you're asked to provide actual evidence of a crime committed to PUT them in jail you run away. Or you tell us to look for it ourselves and do your homework for you. And then we tell you we did it and the evidence doesn't exist and you just repeat the original "they should be in jail!!!!" declaration.

" Quit trying to link me Q Anon so you can marginalize me.

Quit parroting the same nonsense they do and I will.

I can discredit myself very easily. Thank you very much.

Hey look, a true and factual statement!
Post by Annachie   » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:22 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

13818 which has nothing to do with any Clinton, and 13825 which is a 470 page update to the uniform code of military justice.

Oh, and written about 7 months apart.

(Actually, it's 4 pages of legalese about start dates and precedents and what looks like the entire UCMJ with amendments written into it.)

The third EO, looks like it's actually 13818 getting a second look in.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)

Return to Politics