Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

A thanks to Alicia

Alicia DeVries and the Furies will make for an interesting way to start a conversation! Join us here to confer about "In Fury Born."
A thanks to Alicia
Post by Erinyes   » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:25 pm

Erinyes
Midshipman

This is an odd thing to post but it’s been bouncing around my head for a long while and I finally decided to make an account to say it.

This book was really important to me, one of the first books I’d read where I got to see a woman kicking ass and taking names and not getting “BuT yOuRe A gIrL” for it — even the motif of furies/Erinyes has become something of an online calling card for me.

I know this is probably a very niche interpretation too, but the relationship between Alley and Tannis also helped me figure out I was a lesbian, and helped get the idea into my head that the most important relationship in my life could be with a woman and it was just okay. I actually just gave my dog-eared, torn-up copy of In Fury Born to my girlfriend, insistent that she read it to understand me.

So — thanks to Captain Alicia DeVries, and Major Cateau, and to David Weber, and to this book, and to everyone here who still remembers and reads it. All of you are part of the story of me finding myself. <3 cheers all.
Re: A thanks to Alicia
Post by Bahzellstudent   » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:05 pm

Bahzellstudent
Lieutenant Commander

Good for you; one of the many side-blessings of DW and his wonderful creative imagination

Return to Path of the Fury