Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 47 guests

Honorverse Humor or lack thereof.

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Honorverse Humor or lack thereof.
Post by cthia   » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:43 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:All she seemed to care about was sex, so in High School Beowulf was voted less likely to succeed. Guess she proved them all wrong!

Although she still can't spell. LOL

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:20 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

It has long been believed that to get to the truth one has to read between the lines. Non redacted textev. . .
The effectiveness of their own missile defenses had been increased by a minimum of thirty percent by the tweaks and new software — and, hopefully, new doctrine — the SLN had rammed through following Sandra Crandal’s debacle. Some of those tweaks had been in the pipeline for T-years, delayed by sheer bureaucratic inertia

snip

The following is Patricia Givens' redaction after reading between the lines and discovering hidden truths to pass on to Michelle.

"Debacle? Is that what they call an excruciating case of hemorrhoids that requires a new doctrine? Damn Sandy!" . . .

The effectiveness of their own missile — and, hopefully, new doctrine — the SLN had rammed through Sandra Crandal’s debacle, had been in the pipeline for T-years, delayed by sheer bureaucratic inertia.

"Inertia my ass, those are pinecones you idiot!"

"Calm down Sandy!"

"You calm down! Somebody get me some Preparation H!"

"Don't you worry honey, Henke is on her way!"

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:12 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Honor was having a very bad day when she got a certain bill. . .

"What?! 25 quatloos for using the junction to bring home Cerberus escapees??? Round 'em up! Their asses are going back!"

Post by cthia   » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:51 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Buy a vowel.

Now that the war is over, a lot of people are going to get. . .

B_tt b_tt_rb_ll n_k_d.

Hamish is in deep trouble. Alice's harem will be hogtied. Michelle is coming home! Abby's armsmen are going to have to learn to turn the other cheek. And Paulo, that poor kid better run for his life!

BuPers is going to be so happy, he's personally going to see to it that DO NOT DISTURB adorns all the doors! Along with his old college alarm signal. . .

_f th_ b_d _s _r_ck_n' d_n't c_m_ _kn_ck_n'.
During Honor's cycle, her transponder is squawking Code Red.
Enemy officers going up against Honor sweat so hard they wear maxi pads under their arms.

Post by cthia   » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:37 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

We're all familiar with AWACS.

In the Honorverse, there are TAWACS. . .

TREECAT AIRBORN WARNING AND CONTROL SYSTEM.

The first was introduced to Maccabeus in the form of Nimitz.

Post by cthia   » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:21 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Treecats are found more and more on HD, being accepted as sentient beings.

"Samantha. Can you give us some personal info on Honor?"

<Honor really enjoyed p-u-m-m-e-l-i-n-g Pavel Young>

"You don't say."

<I do say. It is the most requested Memory Song of all time. . .
Play it again Sam!>

LOL

Post by cthia   » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:46 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Oh My! This HD interview and Samantha's intelligence is turning into a political nightmare for the Opposition.

"Sam, we commend you 'Cats for helping out the navy by offering to detect humans under compulsion."

<The People just hope your reaction time is a bit faster than it was with Pavel Young. That was one truly phucked up two-leg. Some of your idiots didn't seem to care anything about that and he wasn't even acting under any kind of compulsion. You never did do anything about it either. Not really. Dances on Clouds had to dance on his ass>

Post by cthia   » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:37 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

The citizens of Old Earth are appalled to find out their precious Constitution has become nothing more than an eclectic collection of tattered and worn old Post-its.

Post by cthia   » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:17 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

ldwechsler wrote:Actually, there are already assorted meds that limit the impact and even number of menstrual periods. Why should we assume that nothing else will be done over the next few thousand years?

Perhaps nannites that eliminate a lot of the issues.

Textev has shown that they sure aren't making any headway now.

Allison is so ornery on red dollar days that it has given Alfred a short fuse.

Honor bleeds so badly that she went clean off the rails while she was down on Blackbird. She smacked the GPA out of a diplomat. Blew the nodes off a DB by driving like a bat out of Hell. And she continued to beat the crap out of Pavel Young long after he was already beaten.

Beth bleeds so much that she has something stuffed and mounted on the wall to commemorate each month she's been bleeding. In fact, the entire government knows that Ariel's twitching tail is simply morse code, a warning for red dollar days.

Protectors Palace is full of holes blindly fired by Grayson wives. In fact, the Doctrine of the Test for Grayson men is to simply survive from month to month.

Why do you think Malign women are malignant and indignant psychopathic firecrackers? There is an issue of blood in that brood.

The real reason the MA developed the Streak Boat was to get everyone on board safely to harbor before the end of the month.

And for crying out loud, why didn't someone point out to Hamish his glaring tactical mistake of insisting on taking McQueen at the end of each month?

"What!, that asshole is back?"

I withdraw the question RFC! LOL

And another thing! Somebody should have warned Warniche, that it was the wrong time of the month to be screwing around with a Sphinxian carrying a .45.

Last edited by cthia on Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by cthia   » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:49 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

The only good thing about Sandra Crandall was that the end of the month was no different than the beginning or the middle.

Last edited by cthia on Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Honorverse