Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 53 guests

Battle of Trevor's Star

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Battle of Trevor's Star
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:53 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Weber referenced the battle before and after, but did not actually publish an account. Why not? This was the second most important battle second only to the Battle of Manticore. Taking Trevor's Star gave the RMN an enormous advantage for offensive operations.
Re: Battle of Trevor's Star
Post by kzt   » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:17 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Weber referenced the battle before and after, but did not actually publish an account. Why not? This was the second most important battle second only to the Battle of Manticore. Taking Trevor's Star gave the RMN an enormous advantage for offensive operations.

It was a turkey shoot.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:06 pm

TFLYTSNBN

kzt wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:Weber referenced the battle before and after, but did not actually publish an account. Why not? This was the second most important battle second only to the Battle of Manticore. Taking Trevor's Star gave the RMN an enormous advantage for offensive operations.

It was a turkey shoot.

Subsequent discussion says that it went badly for the Peeps. References suggest that Whitehaven attacked Trevors Star to draw away part of the force or may be all of the mobile units guarding the terminus.

My guess is that the RMN suckered the PRN into getting to deep into the gravity well to hyper out or get to the hyperlimit before backup transiting from the wormhole terminous arrives. A portion of Home Fleets transits through to blow away fortifications and any remaining mobile units at the terminus. Then hauls butt to Trever's star to pin the PRN between them and the initial RMN force.
Post by Theemile   » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:45 pm

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:

Subsequent discussion says that it went badly for the Peeps. References suggest that Whitehaven attacked Trevors Star to draw away part of the force or may be all of the mobile units guarding the terminus.

My guess is that the RMN suckered the PRN into getting to deep into the gravity well to hyper out or get to the hyperlimit before backup transiting from the wormhole terminous arrives. A portion of Home Fleets transits through to blow away fortifications and any remaining mobile units at the terminus. Then hauls butt to Trever's star to pin the PRN between them and the initial RMN force.

We got David to comment on the battle about a year ago - there were no fixed terminus defenses except some mines at the terminus. 3 RMN forces were used, a main Large diversionary force came through hyper and headed straight for San Martin, ignoring the terminus. The Peep terminus forces responded to the RMN hyper force.
A 2nd RMN force of BCs or CAs jumped in on the terminus from hyper a few minutes later, and discovered it abandoned, cleared the mines and jumped to the junction, summoning a waiting portion of Home Fleet to jump and take the terminus, and head in-system.

The peeps trash everything in orbit on their way out.

So, as you say, but no fixed defenses to worry about.
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by cthia   » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:36 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I've always looked at Trevor's Star in the light of three different phases. Before Christ, During Christ and After Christ.

Legend: Esther McQueen was God of Trevor's Star.

BC, the first phase involved the Star Kingdom losing Trevor's Star to the Peeps in the first place. I'm not certain if God err Esther was involved with the initial Peep conquest of Trevor's Star and the falling of San Martin to Peep expansion, but iinm, she wasn't consulted until. . .

DC - Esther McQueen's god-like skills was personally responsible for the Peeps holding Trevor's Star.

Notes of interest: I do believe mankind's God also utilized smoke, from the fire used to burn a city. And man is made in the mirror of God's image. Smoke and Mirrors. LOL

AD - Represents the interim after Esther was recalled because of a lack of military support available to her which led to an imminent loss of Trevor's Star.

Also iinm, many San Martinos were relieved of their freedom and sentenced to Hell in the Cerberus System awaiting liberation by the Angel of Death - formally aliased in Peep circles as the boogeyman - in the disguised form of a Salamander. It was the knowledge that San Martin was liberated that allowed Harrington to win Jesus Ramirez over during her stint in Hell by sharing with him the fact that little Tomasito, mother and sister had escaped the fall of Trevor's Star. That was a touching scene btw.

Why were the Peeps able to seize Trevor's Star in the first place, did the RMN fail to fortify it as well?

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by dlewis0160   » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:41 am

dlewis0160
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

cthia wrote:I've always looked at Trevor's Star in the light of three different phases. Before Christ, During Christ and After Christ.

BC, the first phase involved the Star Kingdom losing Trevor's Star to the Peeps in the first place. I'm not certain if God err Esther was involved with the initial Peep conquest of Trevor's Star and the falling of San Martin to Peep expansion, but iinm, she wasn't consulted until. . .

DC - Esther McQueen's god-like skills was personally responsible for the Peeps holding Trevor's Star.

Notes of interest: I do believe mankind's God also utilized smoke, from the fire used to burn a city. And man is made in the mirror of God's image. Smoke and Mirrors. LOL

AD - Represents the interim after Esther was recalled because of a lack of military support available to her which led to an imminent loss of Trevor's Star.

Also iinm, many San Martinos were relieved of their freedom and sentenced to Hell in the Cerberus System awaiting liberation by the Angel of Death - formally aliased in Peep circles as the boogeyman - in the disguised form of a Salamander. It was the knowledge that San Martin was liberated that allowed Harrington to win Jesus Ramirez over during her stint in Hell by sharing with him the fact that little Tomasito, mother and sister had escaped the fall of Trevor's Star. That was a touching scene btw.

Why were the Peeps able to seize Trevor's Star in the first place, did the RMN fail to fortify it as well?

In the novella I Will Build My House of Steel

In 1883 PD, with a Havenite invasion of Trevor's Star imminent, Roger plans to go to San Martin to negotiate a mutual defense treaty with President Hector Ramirez, hoping to present a strong front against the People's Republic and give them pause. Before he can make the trip, however, he is assassinated in a staged grav ski accident. His heir Queen Elizabeth III lacks the stature to push the agreement through, and Trevor's Star is conquered by the PRH.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:24 am

TFLYTSNBN

Refusing to enter that treat was the worst strategic blunder of all time.

The Peeps can be forgiven for thrngrav ski assasination.

The oppisition should be shot for treason.

dlewis0160 wrote:
cthia wrote:I've always looked at Trevor's Star in the light of three different phases. Before Christ, During Christ and After Christ.

In 1883 PD, with a Havenite invasion of Trevor's Star imminent, Roger plans to go to San Martin to negotiate a mutual defense treaty with President Hector Ramirez, hoping to present a strong front against the People's Republic and give them pause. Before he can make the trip, however, he is assassinated in a staged grav ski accident. His heir Queen Elizabeth III lacks the stature to push the agreement through, and Trevor's Star is conquered by the PRH.
Post by Dauntless   » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:28 am

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

San Martin was not part of the SKM at that time. King roger was in the process of trying to setup a treaty with them when he was assassinated.

I also believe that San Martin fell very soon afterward. long before QE3 was able to get any sort of cooperation from the troublemakers in parliament like High Ridge.
Post by ldwechsler   » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:39 am

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

[quote="TFLYTSNBN"]Refusing to enter that treat was the worst strategic blunder of all time.

The Peeps can be forgiven for thrngrav ski assasination.

The oppisition should be shot for treason.

No one can be forgiven for an assassination...especially when aimed at a reasonable person. Killing a Hitler is a bit different.

And the people in the opposition behind the attempt were punished.
Post by cthia   » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:53 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

dlewis0160 wrote:

Thanks abunch.

It makes sense that the holes in my intel is due to my missing House of Steel. The last person I was in communiqué with regarding that book, JohnRoth iinm, informed me the book was more than a collection of technical specs on ships and technology - as I previously thought.

I was unclear about the relationship of the Star Kingdom to Trevor's Star at the time. So, essentially, Trevor's Star was a free agent with a wormhole, much as Beowulf is now as a result of the referendum? Considering my ignorance in most things UC.

This train of thought begs the question as to whether Trevor's Star would have remained in Peep possession after the alliance if it hadn't fallen to White Haven.

I think I read somewhere that certain systems were returned as a result. But since the Star Kingdom never got around to ratifying a treaty. . .well, in these times of seceding systems I suppose San Martin could elect to secede, although control of the junction wouldn't necessarily go with them.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense

Return to Honorverse