Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 42 guests

First readerships

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: First readerships
Post by Dauntless   » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:23 am

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

I would have loved to try for it but sparing $200 dollars if i won was not happening, even with exchange rate making it more like £150. just too many large bills due this month and next.
Post by GregD   » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:32 pm

GregD
Lieutenant Commander

runsforcelery wrote:Oh, we did mention that these are lifetime first readerships, didn't we?

I don't think you did.

IIRC, Drak implied / stated that they were, but I did ever see "Word of Ghod" on the question.

I will just note that it was really painful, convincing myself that "limited to one ticket per valid email address" did NOT mean "hey, sign up once per email address you have!"
Post by runsforcelery   » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:06 pm

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

GregD wrote:
runsforcelery wrote:Oh, we did mention that these are lifetime first readerships, didn't we?

I don't think you did.

IIRC, Drak implied / stated that they were, but I did ever see "Word of Ghod" on the question.

I will just note that it was really painful, convincing myself that "limited to one ticket per valid email address" did NOT mean "hey, sign up once per email address you have!"

Ummph.

First, thanks for using the intention of my meaning rather than what I actually said on the emails.

Second, I thought that when I said this:

"For those not familiar with the "first readers" list, these are the people who get each of my manuscripts in electronic format at the same time that I turn them in to the publisher. That is, these are the "raw" pre-copy edit manuscripts, exactly the way that they go from my computer to the publisher."

it implied that I was talking about every manuscript without setting a time limit on it. I can see where adding "for as long as manuscripts keep getting sent in" would have made it clearer, though! :lol:

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Post by CmdrAthenaAprilist   » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:24 pm

CmdrAthenaAprilist
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Dauntless wrote:I would have loved to try for it but sparing $200 dollars if i won was not happening, even with exchange rate making it more like £150. just too many large bills due this month and next.

My thoughts on this as well, since I unfortunately happen to be unemployed at the moment.
Post by richardinor   » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:07 pm

richardinor
Commander

I am sorry I didn't get picked, but since some people may not come through with the money, I still have a chance. The money is going to support the TRMN. I think it is worth it.

Return to Honorverse