Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 17 guests

Minor irritations

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: Minor irritations
Post by pappilon   » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:18 am

pappilon
Rear Admiral

The Californictors here organized a "regatta" in the "Marina" for their little one person sailboats. So now the one street that goes from one end of town to the other is clogged with cars and trailers. One of them has the nerve to complain that we don't have a decent "Yacht Club" with a decent steak house in it. I refrred her to the "Lodge" across the river where her snooty friends hang out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by Imaginos1892   » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:44 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

That idiotic 0.9 cents on gas prices. If gas is $3.10 a gallon, have the FUCKING BALLS to CALL it $3.10, NOT $3.99.9!!

I'd pay a cent MORE at a station that posted an honest price.

Fractional cents MIGHT have made SOME sense back when gas was 20¢ a gallon, but NOT ANY MORE!!!

BAN THE FUCKING 0.9¢!!!
Post by Daryl   » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:20 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

One that I've noticed lately that is a minor irritation, is in regard to clothing. I'm a large economy sized male, But can still buy clothes to fit me. Dearer, less choice, and not generally stylish. However they put standard sized pockets in them. Regardless of my weight, I have a very large frame. Most watch bands don't fit, and such. However my point here is pocket size.
If I drop my car keys into a trouser pocket it becomes a challenge to get them out. You would think they would say, large people have large hands? I'm often throwing out good clothes because the pockets are ripped.

Return to Free-Range Topics...