Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests

TFT Snippet #4

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: TFT Snippet #4
Post by jeremyr   » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:28 am

jeremyr
Lieutenant Commander

jtg452 wrote:
Direwolf18 wrote:
Charis doesn't really need to do anything. If I was making the decisions, I would stay obviously out of it and, maybe, the Senjin network could do a little unofficial passing along of recon and Intel on occasion.

Merlin has consistently said he is not there for Charis. He is there to get humanity back on a technological track to fight the Gabba when that day comes again.
Post by ywing14   » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:09 pm

ywing14
Captain (Junior Grade)

I believe he's said he's there to use Charis for his own ends. And frankly he still needs to use them. The Church of Charis Doctrine is the best chance of undoing Langhorn's work.
Post by jtg452   » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:40 pm

jtg452
Captain of the List

jeremyr wrote:
Merlin has consistently said he is not there for Charis. He is there to get humanity back on a technological track to fight the Gabba when that day comes again.

A much more active Senjin networt could be a blast to read!

Imagine Senjin Mabb showing up to lend a hand. Nothing helps morale like discovering that you have your own personal boogieman on your side. Those regulars would know all about Senjin Mabb.
Post by jeremyr   » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:08 pm

jeremyr
Lieutenant Commander

PeterZ wrote:Looking at the most current map on Joe Buckley's site

Is this the fifth imperium website?
Post by Isilith   » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:57 pm

Isilith
Captain (Junior Grade)

jeremyr wrote:

Umm, no. That is the Dahak forum.

viewforum.php?f=4
Post by PeterZ   » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:00 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

jeremyr wrote:
Isilith wrote:
Umm, no. That is the Dahak forum.

viewforum.php?f=4

Actually, I was looking at the Fith Imperium Site. http://infodump.thefifthimperium.com/
Post by Erls   » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:02 pm

Erls
Captain (Junior Grade)

A few thoughts:

1- Rainbow Waters is going nowhere near North Harchong. They'll at first refuse to take the Mighty Host back, and when forced to will send them to South Harchong. That in turn will likely lead to South Harchong breaking away and forming its own kingdom/nation as the industrialists and the Mighty Host unite. With North Harchong not accepting the changes, the COGA will likely support South Harchong as long as they are loyal to the COGA. In effect, South Harchong would slot in between Dohlar and Desnair in terms of capabilities (at first) with some promise.

2- I could see the senjins providing "spot" help to various North Harchong rebel factions - especially if any of them are disciplined and not prone to the slaughter of civilians. They will be carefully selected, however, and the aid provided carefully metered out. Long term strategy is to get the population of Harchong to accept the senjins as real senjins and, so that when the Return happens they do not automatically follow whatever it is that Returned.

3- I don't see Charis intervening in any rebellions unless it directly affects their safety/security/commerce. Instead, I could see Charis offering "mini-Marshall" plans. Contingent, of course, on Charis being granted certain rights (trade, religious, etc?). I could see Dohlar especially, with the new leadership they have, jumping at the chance to get a hand in quickly rebuilding as well as reducing bad feelings between them and Charis. And Delfarahk, of course, has had some bad times and may also be interested in getting on Charis' good side and improving relations and its economy. This would spread Charis' ideas and innovations while engendering good will and creating a more connected world - which is good for both Charis and Merlin.
Post by jeremyr   » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:23 am

jeremyr
Lieutenant Commander

PeterZ wrote:Actually, I was looking at the Fith Imperium Site. http://infodump.thefifthimperium.com/

Thanks.
Good info there. I wish there was a more up to date map on that website.
Post by Louis R   » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:00 pm

Louis R
Rear Admiral

There are more recent partial maps in Downloads.

Unfortunately, Himself hasn't let anyone have a full map since MTT. Presumably because he's now filled in enough detail we would be able to deduce too much of what's coming next.

jeremyr wrote:
PeterZ wrote:Actually, I was looking at the Fith Imperium Site. http://infodump.thefifthimperium.com/

Thanks.
Good info there. I wish there was a more up to date map on that website.
Post by Dilandu   » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:15 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

Erls wrote:
3- I don't see Charis intervening in any rebellions unless it directly affects their safety/security/commerce.

"With adequate profit, capital is very bold. A certain 10 per cent. will ensure its employment anywhere; 20 per cent. certain will produce eagerness; 50 per cent., positive audacity; 100 per cent. will make it ready to trample on all human laws; 300 per cent., and there is not a crime at which it will scruple, nor a risk it will not run, even to the chance of its owner being hanged.

If turbulence and strife will bring a profit, it will freely encourage both."

(c, Thomas J. Dunning)

;)
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)

Return to Safehold