Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

New computer

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
New computer
Post by Peter2   » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:38 pm

Peter2
Captain (Junior Grade)

Pardon my ignorance, but I've just changed my computer, and I'd like to be able to post to the forums from it. Please could someone tell me how to arrange it? Oh yeah – and I've forgotten my password :oops:
Re: New computer
Post by The E   » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:49 pm

The E
Admiral

Peter2 wrote:Pardon my ignorance, but I've just changed my computer, and I'd like to be able to post to the forums from it. Please could someone tell me how to arrange it? Oh yeah – and I've forgotten my password :oops:

I am reasonably sure that you are able to post here.
Post by Peter2   » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:42 am

Peter2
Captain (Junior Grade)

The E wrote:
Peter2 wrote:Pardon my ignorance, but I've just changed my computer, and I'd like to be able to post to the forums from it. Please could someone tell me how to arrange it? Oh yeah – and I've forgotten my password :oops:

I am reasonably sure that you are able to post here.

Certainly – as long as I do it using my old computer. My point was that I do not know how to add my registration to the new one so that I can use that instead. Can you help?
Post by Daryl   » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:18 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

I post from this desktop, my tablet and my laptop.
Not difficult. You can easily locate the web site, and save it in your favourites.
Two ways that I can see. Just go into your account on your old computer and you should be able to see your password, on your personal page.
Failing that just change the password on your old computer, make a note of it and log in on the new one using that new password.

Post by Weird Harold   » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:07 am

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

Peter2 wrote:Certainly – as long as I do it using my old computer. My point was that I do not know how to add my registration to the new one so that I can use that instead. Can you help?

IF you're using Firefox to automatically log you in, or remember your password, you can go to the options page and see saved passwords.

I would guess that other password manager features have a similar way to check saved passwords for an automatic logon.
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)

Return to Free-Range Topics...