Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 15 guests

EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by Annachie   » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:22 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Charges have now been dropped.

cthia wrote:Unbelievable. Desperation sets in. The POTUS hears footsteps getting closer and closer and closer...

I detest this "might have" violated campaign finance laws.

If true, is it a violation or not?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Michael Everett   » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:13 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

Sounds like it was a warning.

"Shut up and retract your claims or you'll end up in jail and we'll send your daughter to one of the Immigration holiday camps where no-one bothers to keep records of which kid belongs to whom..."

Given some of the shady characters working for Trump, this interpretation is scarily plausible...
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by The E   » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:39 am

The E
Admiral

smr wrote:I have no problem admitting to when I am wrong. I do not think I am wrong on the campaign finance laws! Here are the facts: I will be wrong today, tomorrow, and yesterday because I am human and to error is part of the human growth process. :oops:

When will you admit to being wrong about Cohen?

When will you admit to being wrong about gcomeau or me?
Post by cthia   » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:10 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Putin denies Russian interference to President Trump. Hooray Americans! We can rest easily now, because of course it's true what he says. It has to be true, since it came directly from the horse's mouth and spoken directly to the horse's ass.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by smr   » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:17 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Haven't they messed with our elections for 80 years! Our last President (Obama) was messing with Israel's elections. Gcomeau tell me when to wake up for more hearings because other than Strok's comedy speeches this week has been a snoozer! Wait we did confirm that the FBI had 3 Trump dossiers and HRC funded one of those dossiers. Hey Nellie better set your alarm to 5 am for those early morning chats. Don't worry they will raid your lawyer's office and his home. :D I am experiencing popcorn withdrawal.

cthia wrote:Putin denies Russian interference to President Trump. Hooray Americans! We can rest easily now, because of course it's true what he says. It has to be true, since it came directly from the horse's mouth and spoken directly to the horse's ass.
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:02 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:Haven't they messed with our elections for 80 years! Our last President (Obama) was messing with Israel's elections.

Oh do tell, this should be hilarious.

I'm going to guess we're about to hear a crazy rant about how one Israeli group got a small State Department grant to support Israel/Palestinian peace negotiation efforts but then improperly spent money from the grant politically lobbying in the election.

Which is an oopsie, as opposed to Russian MILITARY INTELLIGENCE operating UNDER ORDERS FROM PUTIN launching a WIDESPREAD CYBER WARFARE CAMPAIGN against the US elections you freaking twit.

<snip other disjointed rambling>
Post by The E   » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:55 am

The E
Admiral

smr wrote: Gcomeau tell me when to wake up for more hearings because other than Strok's comedy speeches this week has been a snoozer!

Wait, weren't you the one talking about how we need to watch out for the Strzok hearing because then you will be vindicated and proven right?

But then Strzok pulled the carpet out from under you, you fell on your ass, and now it's "comedy speeches". Typical Trumpet behaviour, that; After all, if your bigly small handed Führer lies all the time, it must be okay for you too, right?

By the way, smr, we are still waiting on your evidence for your claims about Cohen. Is that coming at any point, or should we just assume you were lying about it and are now too much of a pansy to admit to it?
Post by Annachie   » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:31 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

I'm getting the impression that the GOP themselves are just about done with him.

Thinking of handing over an Ambassador? Sheesh.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Eyal   » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:37 am

Eyal
Captain (Junior Grade)

gcomeau wrote:
smr wrote:Haven't they messed with our elections for 80 years! Our last President (Obama) was messing with Israel's elections.

I'm going to guess we're about to hear a crazy rant about how one Israeli group got a small State Department grant to support Israel/Palestinian peace negotiation efforts but then improperly spent money from the grant politically lobbying in the election.

Which is an oopsie, as opposed to Russian MILITARY INTELLIGENCE operating UNDER ORDERS FROM PUTIN launching a WIDESPREAD CYBER WARFARE CAMPAIGN against the US elections you freaking twit.

To be fair, US presidents have, in the past, meddled in Israeli elections to some extent or another via diplomatic means. I suspect part of the reason Netanyahu has been openly courting the Republicans is because of how Clinton was openly pushing Peres during the 1996 Israeli elections. And the US has interfered in other countries' elections to a much greater degree.

Of course, "how can we (the US) complain about X when we do the same or worse to others" is traditionally something found on the American left so it's kind of hilarious to see the GOP crying it.
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:49 am

gcomeau
Admiral

Eyal wrote:
gcomeau wrote:

To be fair, US presidents have, in the past, meddled in Israeli elections to some extent or another via diplomatic means.

Sure, but there's a gaping chasm if a difference between expressing a public opinion about an election occurring in another country that the current ruling party doesn't like... and directing your military intelligence officers to launch a cyber warfare campaign with the aim of altering the outcome of the election while you clandestinely set up meetings with the opposition party you are supporting offering them illegal assistance and bringing up things like their sanctions policy towards your country in the process.

Less a 'gaping chasm' really and more like the Grand Canyon. The former may be considered undiplomatic, the latter is an outright assault and can be entirely reasonably characterized as an act of war.

Return to Politics