Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by smr   » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:54 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Was he the guy outed for getting fresh milk fron a different cow! :P

N
Annachie wrote:"Advocates for improved nutrition for babies have expressed outrage over reports that the Trump administration bullied other governments in an attempt to prevent the passage of an international resolution promoting breastfeeding."

Sheesh.
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:49 am

gcomeau
Admiral

And Trump continues his "Let's try to undermine NATO wile I suck up to dictators" world tour... the return on Putin's investment is turning out to be unbelievably good for him.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nato ... SKBN1K032D

(Handy Trump translation rule: If he's accusing someone of it, he's usually guilty of it himself.)
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:46 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

In other news, looks like the GOP Senate is preparing to rubber stamp another Trump appointee for a critical position at Justice who is utterly unqualified to hold it but has the one single line item on his resume.... "Loyal to Trump".

Oh and one other one.... "worked for Russian bank that is involved in the Mueller probe and was on the Trump transition team and so is a potential witness, at minimum, in the Mueller probe". And on the "Loyal To Trump" theme has refused to state he would recuse himself from Russia Investigation matters despite that massive conflict of interest.

Brian Benczkowski has literally NO experience with criminal prosecution. At all. Never tried a criminal case. Never filed a motion in a criminal proceeding. Never even tried a CIVIL case in a Federal court.

Trump is giving him the leadership of the DOJ's entire Criminal Division. A MAJOR posting. This is not a political position. This is a central position at the Justice Department that is supposed to be highly NON political and granted based on merit and ability to do the job.

And the erosion of the checks and balances continues, with the GOP and Trump supporters eagerly cheering it on. Let's just repeat this to be clear... the ONLY qualification Benczkowski has for this job is "Trump loyalist". That is IT. There is no other reason that he would possibly be under consideration for this post.
Post by cthia   » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:08 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Wanting to roll back a number of EPA regulations. The clean water and air acts. He wants to repeal what he calls "job killing" environmental rules. Job killing? And the headway he's already made in this area.

I suppose he doesn't think dead, unhealthy or dying people to be job killing.

I also have an aunt and uncle who talks about how dirty New York appeared in the 60's.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:42 pm

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

This is too much...
https://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/po ... /36775693/

Must be he thinks that this will cause people to forget that he is under investigation for links with Russia that could include irregularities in campaign finance and supporting the Russian agenda.
Maybe this is part of the pay back??? I just don't see any logic or rationale behind it.
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by Michael Everett   » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:54 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

C. O. Thompson wrote:This is too much...

...I fail to see what Croatia equalizing in the England-Croatia match has to do with anything on this forum.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:58 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:
C. O. Thompson wrote:This is too much...

...I fail to see what Croatia equalizing in the England-Croatia match has to do with anything on this forum.

Think that might be whatever ad played before the main video, which was Trump throwing an ignorant tantrum at a NATO meeting accusing GERMANY of being controlled by the Russians just because Russia sells some natural gas to Germany.
Post by The E   » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:30 pm

The E
Admiral

gcomeau wrote:Think that might be whatever ad played before the main video, which was Trump throwing an ignorant tantrum at a NATO meeting accusing GERMANY of being controlled by the Russians just because Russia sells some natural gas to Germany.

Before smr comes in with his bullshit justifications, here's some facts: Yes, Germany gets a good portion of its oil, natural gas and coal from Russia. But, while we are building a new pipeline to get more of the stuff, that doesn't change the fact that Russia depends on german money more than Germany does on russian ressources. If Russia were to boycott us tomorrow, we still have somewhere around half a year worth of resources (and a bunch of links to other suppliers) before things get critical.

We are not, in any sense of the word, beholden to Russia or Putin.

Unlike, say, a certain US President.

You know, something occurred to me. Trump is basically doing the "I know you are, but what am I" game. When he gets accused of something, he fires those accusations back, and thanks to folks like smr, he's getting away with it.
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:42 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

The E wrote:
You know, something occurred to me. Trump is basically doing the "I know you are, but what am I" game. When he gets accused of something, he fires those accusations back, and thanks to folks like smr, he's getting away with it.

It's the kindergarten sandbox level of discourse he has always operated at...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaVWRetR4jg
Post by smr   » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:34 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Of course you not controlled by the Russians till they cut off the oil and natural gas over some dispute.

Now, why is Germany not paying 2% of GDP for military spending that was agreed to by all parties. Hey the US spends 60% of the military budget on NATO. The facts we should close all those bases in Germany and put these troops on the Southern US border. Cheaper and more economical for the US.

The E wrote:
gcomeau wrote:Think that might be whatever ad played before the main video, which was Trump throwing an ignorant tantrum at a NATO meeting accusing GERMANY of being controlled by the Russians just because Russia sells some natural gas to Germany.

Before smr comes in with his bullshit justifications, here's some facts: Yes, Germany gets a good portion of its oil, natural gas and coal from Russia. But, while we are building a new pipeline to get more of the stuff, that doesn't change the fact that Russia depends on german money more than Germany does on russian ressources. If Russia were to boycott us tomorrow, we still have somewhere around half a year worth of resources (and a bunch of links to other suppliers) before things get critical.

We are not, in any sense of the word, beholden to Russia or Putin.

Unlike, say, a certain US President.

Return to Politics