Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 22 guests

Hiatus ranks to be spoilers

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Hiatus ranks to be spoilers
Post by George J. Smith   » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:32 am

George J. Smith
Commodore

TangoLima wrote:Didn't Judah Yanakov die in/at Beowulf ?

Eagleeye wrote:Yup. He did. And at the moment I can't remember who was his 2nd in command - and if he/she survived. And how he/she sees Abigail.

pappilon wrote:Let us not forget Protector Michael Mayhew.

I believe Steadholder Mayhew also died at Beowulf
T&R
GJS

A man should live forever, or die in the attempt
Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1977) A voice is heard in Ramah
Post by drothgery   » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:23 pm

drothgery
Admiral

Eagleeye wrote:
TangoLima wrote:Didn't Judah Yanakov die in/at Beowulf ?

Yup. He did. And at the momemt I can't remember who was his 2nd in command - and if he/she survived. And how he/she sees Abigail.

Honor's probably the highest ranking GSN officer, but she turned down one chance to be High Admiral. Alfredo Yu might be next, but I think they'd probably prefer a native-born Grayson in that spot.
Post by Annachie   » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:55 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Damn it.

I keep reading that as Haiku ranks to be. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Ferran   » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:01 am

Ferran
Ensign

saber964 wrote:She currently has so many rabbis it not funny. Hear they are in order of rank. Dear old Dad Aaron Hearns Steadholder Owens, HADM Judah Yanakov, FADM Honor Alexander-Harrington, RADM Michael Oversteegen and CMDOR Avars Terikov.

Er.. nitpicking, maybe, but I think that Steadholder Harrington, as Champion, ranks higher than Lord Owens. In any case, as steadholder she should rank above admirals. If she doesn't, neither does Lord Owens.

That doesn't even account for...

drothgery wrote:Honor's probably the highest ranking GSN officer, but she turned down one chance to be High Admiral. Alfredo Yu might be next, but I think they'd probably prefer a native-born Grayson in that spot.

Her first flag rank was in GSN, wasn't it? As an enforced holiday. Might take the high admiral's cap for a while, for similar reasons. I have some ideas down that line, but I'm way more interested in seeing what will happen, not my own ramblings.

Take care
Post by ldwechsler   » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:04 am

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

Ferran wrote:
saber964 wrote:She currently has so many rabbis it not funny. Hear they are in order of rank. Dear old Dad Aaron Hearns Steadholder Owens, HADM Judah Yanakov, FADM Honor Alexander-Harrington, RADM Michael Oversteegen and CMDOR Avars Terikov.

Er.. nitpicking, maybe, but I think that Steadholder Harrington, as Champion, ranks higher than Lord Owens. In any case, as steadholder she should rank above admirals. If she doesn't, neither does Lord Owens.

That doesn't even account for...

drothgery wrote:Honor's probably the highest ranking GSN officer, but she turned down one chance to be High Admiral. Alfredo Yu might be next, but I think they'd probably prefer a native-born Grayson in that spot.

Her first flag rank was in GSN, wasn't it? As an enforced holiday. Might take the high admiral's cap for a while, for similar reasons. I have some ideas down that line, but I'm way more interested in seeing what will happen, not my own ramblings.

Take care

Note: OWens was a Steadholder. That MIGHT change the odds. Also, he was, of course, more committed to his daughter than Honor was to just one of many protegees.
Post by JavierGiscard3141   » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:50 pm

JavierGiscard3141
Midshipman

I think yes honor will do a time as high admiral.
Scotty Tremaine will at least be a rear admiral.
Rafi cardones would most likely be rear or vice admiral.

In twenty years I think honor might be first space lord when the ballon goes up against the MA.

Abigail could be captain of a GSN or RMN BC.
Helen Zillwicki could be a tac Officer and training Officer to one of the Alexander-Harrington kids.
Aldredo YU would I think be the high admiral.
Hamish I think will still be first lord of the admiralty
Terekhov i think will be a vice admiral
Alfred Harrington I think will be CO of Bassingford Medical Center.

:
Post by kzt   » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:36 am

kzt
Fleet Admiral

You don’t want your lead physicians to be managers. There are lots of semi competent doctors who will do a fine job of shuffling paper and holding meetings.
Post by ldwechsler   » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:38 am

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

JavierGiscard3141 wrote:I think yes honor will do a time as high admiral.

In twenty years I think honor might be first space lord when the ballon goes up against the MA.

Helen Zillwicki could be a tac Officer and training Officer to one of the Alexander-Harrington kids.

:

For 20 years, this is very slow progress. Helen will not stay very long as an ensign. Figure another year or two at most. Then she'll be a Lt (jg). After a year or so more, Terekhov has promised she'll be a TAC officer again. A few years in and she'll move up to a full TAC officer. Assistant TAC officer in 20 years? She'd almost have to royally screw up. Abigail was doing the job a few years into her service. Paolo was doing it on the Ward.

With a large navy and a real lot of connections (Zilwicki, Terekhov, Gold Peak, Harrington, Torch connections, she'll almost certainly be at least an XO and quite possibly a captain.

SCotty Tremaine was to some degree acting as a commodore even if just a senior captain. After Spindle and other battles he would almost certainly be made at least a Commodore and Terekhov will be promoted to Rear Admiral.

I think Hamish, if still alive (he is around 100 as the story has ended) will probably just be a senior advisor. The same for Honor. Doing the work of fleet leader is not the same as doing the politics, etc. If she is moved in, she will be at the very top...I would guess First Lord of the Admiralty.
Post by Vince   » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:37 pm

Vince
Vice Admiral

ldwechsler wrote:
JavierGiscard3141 wrote:I think yes honor will do a time as high admiral.

:

For 20 years, this is very slow progress. Helen will not stay very long as an ensign. Figure another year or two at most. Then she'll be a Lt (jg). After a year or so more, Terekhov has promised she'll be a TAC officer again. A few years in and she'll move up to a full TAC officer. Assistant TAC officer in 20 years? She'd almost have to royally screw up. Abigail was doing the job a few years into her service. Paolo was doing it on the Ward.

With a large navy and a real lot of connections (Zilwicki, Terekhov, Gold Peak, Harrington, Torch connections, she'll almost certainly be at least an XO and quite possibly a captain.

SCotty Tremaine was to some degree acting as a commodore even if just a senior captain. After Spindle and other battles he would almost certainly be made at least a Commodore and Terekhov will be promoted to Rear Admiral.

I think Hamish, if still alive (he is around 100 as the story has ended) will probably just be a senior advisor. The same for Honor. Doing the work of fleet leader is not the same as doing the politics, etc. If she is moved in, she will be at the very top...I would guess First Lord of the Admiralty.

If you are thinking about Hamish's age--he is a first generation prolong recipient.
-------------------------------------------------------------
History does not repeat itself so much as it echoes.
Post by ldwechsler   » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:25 am

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

Vince wrote:[quote="ldwechsler]I think yes honor will do a time as high admiral.

:[/quote]

I think Hamish, if still alive (he is around 100 as the story has ended) will probably just be a senior advisor. The same for Honor. Doing the work of fleet leader is not the same as doing the politics, etc. If she is moved in, she will be at the very top...I would guess First Lord of the Admiralty.[/quote]
If you are thinking about Hamish's age--he is a first generation prolong recipient.[/quote]

I doubt he'll be eager to still be serving at 120+. Even as a first generation prolong, that's a long time at top rank. My guess is that after the real shooting takes place he will let himself be replaced so he can spend time with his memoirs and watching the kids grow up.

Return to Honorverse