Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 47 guests

Theisman Shooting St.Just

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Theisman Shooting St.Just
Post by sonex   » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:48 pm

sonex
Lieutenant Commander

I'm reading 'WAR OF HONOR' and wondering if any other description of Theisman shooting St. Just is available in another book or if the comments in this book are the only descriptions of the shooting?
Honor Harrington and Safehold nut.
Re: Theisman Shooting St.Just
Post by n7axw   » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:57 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

sonex wrote:I'm reading 'WAR OF HONOR' and wondering if any other description of Theisman shooting St. Just is available in another book or if the comments in this book are the only descriptions of the shooting?

I'm thinking you are at the end of Ashes of Victory rather than War of Honor... War of Honor's setting is several years later than AoV...

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by saber964   » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:00 pm

saber964
Admiral

sonex wrote:I'm reading 'WAR OF HONOR' and wondering if any other description of Theisman shooting St. Just is available in another book or if the comments in this book are the only descriptions of the shooting?

No, but next to Shannon's "Oops", Tom's "Goodbye Citizen Chairman" is one of the best quotes.
Post by sonex   » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:48 pm

sonex
Lieutenant Commander

n7axw wrote:

I'm thinking you are at the end of Ashes of Victory rather than War of Honor... War of Honor's setting is several years later than AoV...

Don

-

Don, I didn't see anything about Theisman shooting Saint-Just in AOV, which I read a week or so ago. I was looking for it, but did not see it. :?:
Post by dlewis0160   » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:48 pm

dlewis0160
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

AOV chapter 48 last sentence :)
Post by sonex   » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:33 pm

sonex
Lieutenant Commander

dlewis0160 wrote:AOV chapter 48 last sentence :)

Thank you. I'm checking it out tonite!
Bruce Harrington

Hmmm. Just reread CH48, and I know I just read it on July 2nd, but it didn't stick! Dementia strikes again :roll: :roll: :roll:

Thanks again.
Post by roseandheather   » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:29 am

roseandheather
Admiral

I mean I'm still holding out for that five-book-minimum series covering everything that happened in Havenite space from the moment Theisman got handed Capital Fleet until we meet up with him and Eloise again in WoH, but other than that, no, there is no other description of the single best moment of Tom Theisman's entire career.

More's the pity.

That said, "Goodbye, Citizen Chairman" may in fact be the single best line of dialogue ever written in the history of literary fiction.
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Jacob Zavala   » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:57 pm

Jacob Zavala
Ensign

David Weber really seems to like not actually showing us momentous events. I mean, I understand in some ways that having things happen "off screen" as it were, can be an effective literary device, in that it allows main characters to react to the news along with the reader instead of the reader knowing ahead of time, but even years later I'm a little annoyed that both Paul Tankersley and Alastair McKeon didn't get a death scene.
Post by saber964   » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:13 pm

saber964
Admiral

roseandheather wrote:I mean I'm still holding out for that five-book-minimum series covering everything that happened in Havenite space from the moment Theisman got handed Capital Fleet until we meet up with him and Eloise again in WoH, but other than that, no, there is no other description of the single best moment of Tom Theisman's entire career.

More's the pity.

That said, "Goodbye, Citizen Chairman" may in fact be the single best line of dialogue ever written in the history of literary fiction.

No, the best line is "Oops".
Post by Jacob Zavala   » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:53 am

Jacob Zavala
Ensign

saber964 wrote:
roseandheather wrote:I mean I'm still holding out for that five-book-minimum series covering everything that happened in Havenite space from the moment Theisman got handed Capital Fleet until we meet up with him and Eloise again in WoH, but other than that, no, there is no other description of the single best moment of Tom Theisman's entire career.

More's the pity.

No, the best line is "Oops".

I think it's a very close run thing, at least. Both are instrumental in destroying the monsters who were ruining Haven and are the first steps on the path back towards an honorable star nation, under the awesome people who spoke those lines in the first place. Just like the ones who said them, both lines are awesome.

Return to Honorverse