Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:44 am

gcomeau
Admiral

The E wrote:I guess it's official now.

Cohen has apparently flipped hard on Trump.

Well he's been signalling hard he was willing to turn for a while now...

...not sure Mueller has taken him up on the repeated implied offers yet.
Post by smr   » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:16 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Methinks you should worry about your own political leadership..Germany's. How long or how short is she going to stay in power. The real question is the EU going to survive. Italy is really unhappy!

Post by Joat42   » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:31 pm

Joat42
Admiral

smr wrote:Methinks you should worry about your own political leadership..Germany's. How long or how short is she going to stay in power. The real question is the EU going to survive. Italy is really unhappy!

If you feel the need to talk about the political situation in the EU, please do so in another thread because doing it here only confirms you inability to put forth cogent arguments and you instead resort to misdirection.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by smr   » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:37 am

smr
Vice Admiral

Goto Cohen's twitter account and see his rebuttal. Just because this article is on the Internet doe not mean it's true, garbage in garbage out. The problem is if Cohen ever flipped on any of clients he would never earn a dollar again. His business depends on his Word and his actions. He is in a bad squall (thunderstorm over the sea) but eventually he will see the sun. Translation: he talks he destroys his business forever. He upholds his attorney client privilege he will have more business than he can handle after the squall. God Bless have a great day!

Post by noblehunter   » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:02 am

noblehunter
Captain (Junior Grade)

zyffyr wrote:Large chunks of the federal government run afoul of that. From a purely practical standpoint the 9th and 10th are treated as not actually existing.

But it's fun to argue with "originalists" using their own logic. The big thing to remember is that all rights are mentioned in the Constitution.
Post by The E   » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:25 am

The E
Admiral

smr wrote:Goto Cohen's twitter account and see his rebuttal.

Good suggestion, I will do that.

Before we get to the good part where I do what smr can't and actually check some facts, let's have a quick guessing game. Based on what smr said, what sort of tweet would you expect to see?

Personally, I would expect something along the lines of "I was totally misrepresented" or "I am still loyal to Trump" or something.

Now, the article was posted on July 2nd. Any response to it, therefore, should happen somewhere around that time, either preemptively or in reaction to the article coming out.

So. Based on that, let's review the activity on the @MichaelCohen212 twitter account around that time.

There are two tweets of interest there, one on July 2nd, one just a few hours old at time of me making this post.

The July 2nd one:
Spent Saturday afternoon with @GStephanopoulos @abc (not on camera) interview for Monday’s @GMA. My silence is broken!

And the one from today:
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/michael-cohen-family-country-president-trump-loyalty/story?id=56304585

Yes, that's right, it's just him posting a link to the finished article.

There are no rebuttals there that I can see. No redactions, no corrections, nothing that has an impact on the article's text or changes its interpretations in any way.

So, smr. Anything you want to say?
Last edited by The E on Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:37 am

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:Goto Cohen's twitter account and see his rebuttal. Just because this article is on the Internet doe not mean it's true, garbage in garbage out. The problem is if Cohen ever flipped on any of clients he would never earn a dollar again.

Won't be doing much dollar earning from prison either.

Guess which choice he can make that my money is on.
Post by Annachie   » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:43 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

smr wrote:. He upholds his attorney client privilege

You do understand that attorney-client privilege doesn't cover criminal acts don't you?
That in NY state, it doesn't cover financial or business advice? Nor correspondance which is primarily about such advice?

That what has already been revealed by third parties is enough to remove his license to practice law?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by smr   » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:48 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Your assuming that it's criminal.

Annachie wrote:
smr wrote:. He upholds his attorney client privilege

You do understand that attorney-client privilege doesn't cover criminal acts don't you?
That in NY state, it doesn't cover financial or business advice? Nor correspondance which is primarily about such advice?

That what has already been revealed by third parties is enough to remove his license to practice law?
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:06 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:Your assuming that it's criminal.

Annachie wrote:You do understand that attorney-client privilege doesn't cover criminal acts don't you?

No, it was pointed out what privilege does and does not cover. And a whole range of things it does not cover were provided to you.

As for how much of Cohen's activity fell into the "not covered by privilege" category and is getting turned over to prosecutors... well...

https://www.courthousenews.com/prosecut ... hen-files/

The answer is "a lot".

(And if you want to keep dreaming that they didn't have Cohen dead to rights on criminal activity before a judge would approve a warrant to raid not just an attorney's offices... but the personal attorney of the president of the United States... well, no level of reality denial on your behalf really surprises anymore)

Return to Politics