Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by Joat42   » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:38 pm

Joat42
Admiral

Annachie wrote:"Under the criminal law, everyone should be treated the same, and I know there are some people that say the president should be treated stricter. We used to have an era where the president was treated much more leniently. But I think the right answer is the president should be treated — as far as the criminal law is concerned, the president is a citizen.”

IMHO, anyone in public office should be hold to a higher standard. They are supposed to be better than average Joe. Why else would we want them in public office?

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:01 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Joat42 wrote:
Annachie wrote:"Under the criminal law, everyone should be treated the same, and I know there are some people that say the president should be treated stricter. We used to have an era where the president was treated much more leniently. But I think the right answer is the president should be treated — as far as the criminal law is concerned, the president is a citizen.”

IMHO, anyone in public office should be hold to a higher standard. They are supposed to be better than average Joe. Why else would we want them in public office?

I would state with relative confidence that the GOP and various Trump defenders around these parts passionately shared that view right up until about 5 seconds after Trump was sworn into office.
Post by smr   » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:35 am

smr
Vice Admiral

1. Collusion is not a tryable offense. Maybe treason but with nothing definite. Off the table! Under the criminal code what could a person charge the POTUS under.

2. Obstruction of Justice. That was thrown out due to finding of the IG office. Comey was fired for cause...insubordination. So that throws that charge out the window.

What are you trying to charge POTUS with? :D
Post by gcomeau   » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:31 am

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:1. Collusion is not a tryable offense.

Conspiracy to illegally aid a hostile foreign government in a cyber attack on US election is.

2. Obstruction of Justice. That was thrown out due to finding of the IG office.

No. No it was not. Where the hell do you get your news.... oh wait, nevermind. We all know.
Post by smr   » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:38 am

smr
Vice Admiral

Alan Dershowitz is where I got my legal info from. An ultral liberal Constitutional Scholar...Harvard Law Professor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Dershowitz

Peace and love...a good hippie mantra as well as a good christian sentiment.
Post by gcomeau   » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:52 am

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:Alan Dershowitz is where I got my legal info from. An ultral liberal Constitutional Scholar...Harvard Law Professor.

You mean the regular Fox News guest personality who makes a living pandering to that audience.

But I doubt even he said the obstruction charge had been "thrown out". Although maybe he is that far gone... show us. Where did he say it?
Post by smr   » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:06 am

smr
Vice Admiral

I suppose so but I pulled this from CNN! :D

gcomeau wrote:
smr wrote:Alan Dershowitz is where I got my legal info from. An ultral liberal Constitutional Scholar...Harvard Law Professor.

You mean the regular Fox News guest personality who makes a living pandering to that audience.

But I doubt even he said the obstruction charge had been "thrown out". Although maybe he is that far gone... show us. Where did he say it?
Post by gcomeau   » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:08 am

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:I suppose so but I pulled this from CNN! :D

Great, they tend to keep transcripts of their shows.

Go find it and show us where he said it. I know you have issues with sourcing anything you ever claim but try real real hard and see if you can do it this time.
Post by smr   » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:11 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Why? You wanted an answer to where did I get the information but I really understand what your trying to do. Your saying I get all my information from Fox news so you can ignore it. FYI: I have to listen to CNN all day at work! Thank God, I have a door to my office! :D

gcomeau wrote:
smr wrote:I suppose so but I pulled this from CNN! :D

Great, they tend to keep transcripts of their shows.

Go find it and show us where he said it. I know you have issues with sourcing anything you ever claim but try real real hard and see if you can do it this time.
Post by noblehunter   » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:31 pm

noblehunter
Captain (Junior Grade)

smr wrote:Why? You wanted an answer to where did I get the information but I really understand what your trying to do. Your saying I get all my information from Fox news so you can ignore it. FYI: I have to listen to CNN all day at work! Thank God, I have a door to my office! :D

To make sure Dershowitz actually said what you think he said. Hearing what you want to hear is a common problem so it's good to provide transcripts to verify what was actually said versus what was heard and repeated.

Return to Politics