Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by smr   » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:24 am

smr
Vice Admiral

I will take screenshots and post them back up when you do that again because you will do it again. Now if I am liar why do you bother even to comment when I say anything. I am a little confused. Peace and may you find God in your heart.

gcomeau wrote:
smr wrote:Their goes GComeau ranting about Racism that just totally destroys the narrative.

One sentence at the end of a post is not a rant.

The story of the boy who cried wolf comes to mind whenever you(Gcomeau) cries RACISM. So please knock it off because you had some valid criticisms.

Speaking of the boy who cried wolf, I ask you YET AGAIN... where did I call you a racist?

Show me. We have now passed the grace period where I can extend you the benefit of the doubt of just being mistaken. Still, at this point, refusing to either substantiate OR withdraw your claim makes you a liar.

You are a liar. And given that, why should we be trying to have any meaningful discourse with you?
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:31 am

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:I will take screenshots and post them back up when you do that again because you will do it again.

THIS IS A DISCUSSION FORUM NOT SNAPCHAT. Stop talking about screenshots, the entire thread is right freaking here for review. All of them are.

Either link the post where I called you a racist, or withdraw your claim I did, or remain labelled a liar.
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:44 pm

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

Daryl wrote:Not my country so I don't have to "deal with it". From a distance it seems to be a dark comedy, and I'm glad I live elsewhere.
Coming from a developed first world democracy I do wonder at how so many US citizens seem to be oblivious to how twisted Trumpism is becoming.

Sooner or later, we will find out that unless all humans work together to solve the problems we all face, none of us will survive.
The bunker cannot be deep enough, nor the mercenaries loyal enough to protect even the wealthiest...

I believe that there will either be a true world wide government or there will be ashes and slag.

Perhaps, instead of building walls (ask the Chinese and Germans how that worked) we should be building bridges and looking for ways to break down barriers and to unite more of the nations.

I get it that the Mexicans haven't seen a reason to trust they will ever get true equality under the law when the history of the US has been to expand its' boarders into CA, NM, AZ, TX and CO and to kick out or kill the previous land owners...
And I understand that American corporations moved to Central and South America to avoid taxes and regulations from OSHA and EPA so they continue to lobby congress and support candidates ((like Trump)and he is not unique in his greed or hubris) for status quo but to quote another in this chat room "Tick tock" time is running out.
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by smr   » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:02 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

That sounds so nice and peachy but unfortunately the World does not work that way. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Who controls the one world government? Who do we trust? Would you trust a one world government under Trump. I would not. Who picks the winners and losers under a one world wide government system. How does a system under a one world wide government not become a dictatorship. Who investigates the corruption of the government?

C. O. Thompson wrote:
Daryl wrote:Not my country so I don't have to "deal with it". From a distance it seems to be a dark comedy, and I'm glad I live elsewhere.
Coming from a developed first world democracy I do wonder at how so many US citizens seem to be oblivious to how twisted Trumpism is becoming.

Sooner or later, we will find out that unless all humans work together to solve the problems we all face, none of us will survive.
The bunker cannot be deep enough, nor the mercenaries loyal enough to protect even the wealthiest...

I believe that there will either be a true world wide government or there will be ashes and slag.

Perhaps, instead of building walls (ask the Chinese and Germans how that worked) we should be building bridges and looking for ways to break down barriers and to unite more of the nations.

I get it that the Mexicans haven't seen a reason to trust they will ever get true equality under the law when the history of the US has been to expand its' boarders into CA, NM, AZ, TX and CO and to kick out or kill the previous land owners...
And I understand that American corporations moved to Central and South America to avoid taxes and regulations from OSHA and EPA so they continue to lobby congress and support candidates ((like Trump)and he is not unique in his greed or hubris) for status quo but to quote another in this chat room "Tick tock" time is running out.
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:03 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:That sounds so nice and peachy but unfortunately the World does not work that way. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Who controls the one world government?

I'm assuming regularly elected officials.

Which pretty much answers all of your other questions.
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:09 pm

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

gcomeau wrote:
smr wrote:I will take screenshots and post them back up when you do that again because you will do it again.

THIS IS A DISCUSSION FORUM NOT SNAPCHAT. Stop talking about screenshots, the entire thread is right freaking here for review. All of them are.

Either link the post where I called you a racist, or withdraw your claim I did, or remain labelled a liar.

If the shoe fits... wear it!
When it pinches, say ouch!!!

I have not read every word on this forum but when we are debating politics or religion, we are into the realm of faith and there are heated emotions and feelings here for sure.

(Hebrews 11:1 King James Version (KJV)

11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.)

When a preacher or politician makes a promise... we hope they are telling the truth... but their promise is "not seen"... we accept their word by faith and we hope for the best.

When Donald Trump promised to 'drain the swamp' or to 'protect and defend the constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic' ... we hoped he wold at least try.

His positions where racial differences are evident says that he doesn't have the same concept of this issue as I do.

Did he flat out lie when he told the voters that he wanted to drain the swamp or did he hope to be able to... or does he perceive the swamp entirely differently from those of us that believe he is doing far more harm than good?

I am not smart enough to know that answer, but I am wise enough to ask that question.
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:19 pm

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

When the economy crashed in 2008 there was a lot of discussion about the war between Main Street and Wall Street... no one wants to talk about Madison Ave (home of the sound bite) where marketing genius tells us "the truth" and figures out how to sell us "magic beans" for the family cow.

Americans are upset but they are lulled to slumber thinking that government cares about what we the people do and so they lost sight over how fuc&ed we are.

Grid lock is established no matter who the president is and the fairly new practice of Executive Orders has taken we the people out of the decision making loop.

We now have the best government that money can buy. ;)

I often wish I lived elsewhere or that I knew and thought less...

At least I am able to say I continue to work against the injustice and that (at age 67) my race is nearly finished.
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:30 pm

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

smr wrote:That sounds so nice and peachy but unfortunately the World does not work that way. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Who controls the one world government? Who do we trust? Would you trust a one world government under Trump. I would not. Who picks the winners and losers under a one world wide government system. How does a system under a one world wide government not become a dictatorship. Who investigates the corruption of the government?

Good question... when our president has a cabinet filled with men and women who cannot get security clearance and his twitter rants claim that that the FBI is picking on him and threatening to have the special investigator fired.

When he throws long time supports under the bus because they are talking to the investigators... and when the 'good old boys' in congress are saying "nope, no problem here?"

Wait till we see the over priced parade his ego will not settle for second best not when two of his three "ya gotta admire them" friends will be watching.
( https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/07/politics ... index.html )
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:31 pm

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

gcomeau wrote:
smr wrote:That sounds so nice and peachy but unfortunately the World does not work that way. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Who controls the one world government?

I'm assuming regularly elected officials.

Which pretty much answers all of your other questions.

Regularly or honestly elected?

Check this out... is it fake news or simply uncomfortable for this man, his supporters and enablers in congress?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGwfoYe ... 2&index=14
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by Annachie   » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:26 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

"Advocates for improved nutrition for babies have expressed outrage over reports that the Trump administration bullied other governments in an attempt to prevent the passage of an international resolution promoting breastfeeding."

Sheesh.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)

Return to Politics