Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 44 guests

Mesan Alignment - Back on Balance

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Mesan Alignment - Back on Balance
Post by ywing14   » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:13 pm

ywing14
Captain (Junior Grade)

Sigs wrote:
cthia wrote:What strategy and tactics should they adopt?

How should the Lenny Dets and the Sharks be used?

The best strategy for them should be to hide from the rest of society, leave the rest of the Galaxy alone and expand on their own. If they start looking for systems farther away from the rest of Humanity and colonize and industrialize those systems they can become a major power over the next couple of centuries. Basically come out a couple of centuries down the road with dozens of heavily industrialized systems heavily protected and essentially model their way of life. If their society is so much better then the rest of humanity and their way of life is really so much better then the rest of humanity then that is going to convince the rest of humanity to join them rather then fight them.

The MA has the ability to grow their populations at a lot faster rate than pretty much anyone else, they may start with only a few billion people but a hundred years down the road they could be a nation of dozens of systems with hundreds of billions of people... or they can spend the next couple of hundred years confined to Darius and trying to manipulate the rest of the Galaxy to get what they want all the while being open to accidental discovery of Darius and the end of the MA.

I agree they need to hide, however expanding beyond a single system increases the chance of their detection. Additionally, I think adding more planets with genetic slavery would undermine their goals and alienate members of Onion.
Post by Annachie   » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:55 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

I suspect their best plan is to covertly support thr RF, while setting up a false MAlign home/whatever to be conviently, and visibly, destroyed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by ywing14   » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:18 pm

ywing14
Captain (Junior Grade)

Annachie wrote:I suspect their best plan is to covertly support thr RF, while setting up a false MAlign home/whatever to be conviently, and visibly, destroyed.

I agree this would probably be their best plan.

However, I think one of the MAlign's biggest concerns needs to be tree cats. If anyone in the diplomatic corps has one and gets near some of these RF leaders it could cause trouble for the RF.
Post by ywing14   » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:29 pm

ywing14
Captain (Junior Grade)

I am also interested in how many people the MAlign failed to get out of Mesa because of Gold Peak and Tourville. Obviously they moved their most squeamish and important folks out first. But it looks like they were unable to at least get out some people. I wonder what kind of hit they've taken on that end.
Post by Eagleeye   » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:49 pm

Eagleeye
Commodore

ywing14 wrote:I am also interested in how many people the MAlign failed to get out of Mesa because of Gold Peak and Tourville. Obviously they moved their most squeamish and important folks out first. But it looks like they were unable to at least get out some people. I wonder what kind of hit they've taken on that end.

Doesn't matter - or that's at least, how it plan it to work. Because of that "final gift", Albrecht and Evelyn presented to Mike Henke - the explosions. My 2 cent say, that at least some of these explosions happened to be near enough to several collecting points to make sure they got >99.5% of the remaining Alignment-people on the evacuation lists.
Post by ywing14   » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:05 pm

ywing14
Captain (Junior Grade)

Eagleeye wrote:
ywing14 wrote:I am also interested in how many people the MAlign failed to get out of Mesa because of Gold Peak and Tourville. Obviously they moved their most squeamish and important folks out first. But it looks like they were unable to at least get out some people. I wonder what kind of hit they've taken on that end.

Doesn't matter - or that's at least, how it plan it to work. Because of that "final gift", Albrecht and Evelyn presented to Mike Henke - the explosions. My 2 cent say, that at least some of these explosions happened to be near enough to several collecting points to make sure they got >99.5% of the remaining Alignment-people on the evacuation lists.

I don't really mean from an intelligence standpoint for Manticore. I mean for the Onion's internal dynamics. They had to shorten the list because of the rushed Houdini Op and now not all of the folks got out. I'm just wondering what kind of folks they lost in the exchange
Post by Sigs   » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:15 am

Sigs
Rear Admiral

ywing14 wrote:
I agree they need to hide, however expanding beyond a single system increases the chance of their detection. Additionally, I think adding more planets with genetic slavery would undermine their goals and alienate members of Onion.

Expand away from colonized space, and avoid genetic slavery like the plague. You can get population increases the same way you got those slaves, the difference is how you treat them after they are born.
Post by Sigs   » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:17 am

Sigs
Rear Admiral

Annachie wrote:I suspect their best plan is to covertly support thr RF, while setting up a false MAlign home/whatever to be conviently, and visibly, destroyed.

And then what? Wait another 600 years to try again? I think the MA needs to get back to the basics, and utilize the KISS principle to the extreme.
Post by Sigs   » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:20 am

Sigs
Rear Admiral

Eagleeye wrote:

With such large numbers there is always the chance of something going wrong. Someone's kid getting sick, or getting a hear attack on the way to the collection point, or any number of things that prevent them from getting to the collection point. When they figure out what happened they may be more then willing to talk to the GA. They may not know a lot individually but having 10 or 20 people escape the destruction might give the GA a lot of important information when put together.
Post by ywing14   » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:50 am

ywing14
Captain (Junior Grade)

Sigs wrote:
ywing14 wrote:

Expand away from colonized space, and avoid genetic slavery like the plague. You can get population increases the same way you got those slaves, the difference is how you treat them after they are born.

It took 200 years to get to the population level they are at on Darius. That's not all that quick. Darius works because they have genetic slavery there. Removing genetic slavery involves giving people freedom of movement. It is easy to keep the lid on one system right now. More systems and more freedom = more chances for things to go wrong.

Not to mention it's the opposite of going back to basics and following the KISS principle.

Return to Honorverse