Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

The Trump Administration's War With Reality

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by smr   » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:53 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

:D

The E wrote:
smr wrote:I bow to your great study of Islam the great scholar TheE. Oh can you forgive me for being wrong! (Total sarcasm intended!).

How about, instead of offering sarcasm and prayers, you do something actually useful for once and try to convince someone that you're right? In these discussions, all you do is preach; you never bother to develop arguments or support your rantings.

Like, I told you what my sources are. I told you why I believe what I believe. If you were interested in having an honest, open discussion about these issues, that's where you'd hook into and point to other sources supporting your position, but we both know that you are interested in neither openness nor honesty in these matters.

Project out 10 years - 20 years see where this is going. I think differently than you, ultimately you will have to decide whether to be Muslim or fight.

Fortunately, out here in the real world, we have these things called statistics and studies that show you to be wrong.

There are going to be crisis points in the near to mid future, yes. But they're not going to be about religious wars; climate change presents much more pressing issues than this little squabble between islam and what americans think christianity is.
As a result, the conflicts aren't going to be crusades; they're going to be humanitarian in nature with people fleeing countries that have become uninhabitable because of bullshit that could've been avoided if you and your generation hadn't insisted on being bad stewards of the environment.

Me...I am a keyboard warrior now due to my multiple health problems. I assume you are a fairly young to middle age man and I believe a world war is coming between Jihadists and the rest of the world. I hope my beliefs and thoughts are delusional and rantings of a old man but I do not think so. I pray for all the world leaders to make the correct decisions and also I pray for you (TheE).

You know what helps with these foreboding feelings? Looking beyond the limited set of news sources you're currently hooked on.
Post by The E   » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:20 am

The E
Admiral

It's nice to see you admit to being nothing but a stupid little troll with no actual point to make, smr.
Post by smr   » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:21 am

smr
Vice Admiral

Bless your soul. Have a good day!

The E wrote:It's nice to see you admit to being nothing but a stupid little troll with no actual point to make, smr.
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:02 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Well the long hyperventilated about Inspector General's report on the investigation into the FBI's handling of the Clinton e-mail investigation is out. And it's a great big nothing as expected by anyone with any common sense.

There were instances the investigation was poorly handled, generally violating protocol in ways that *harmed* Clinton and *helped* Trump during the campaign by inappropriately throwing the e-mail investigation into the media spotlight repeatedly immediately before the election.

Some FBI agents texted a lot trashing various politicians of both parties, one of whom was Trump. The IG found no evidence they allowed political bias to influence their work. (So what's the first thing the White House announces? That the IG report showed evidence of political bias. Because of course they're going to lie about it like everything else)

Basically, what things the FBI did screw up were things Trump LOVED having them screw up and which helped him win the election. This is the exact opposite of evidence of bias against him at the FBI.
Post by smr   » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:52 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

The Warriors Creed

Do not hurt where holding is enough;
Do not wound where hurting is enough;
Do not maim where wounding is enough;
And kill not where maiming is enough;
The greatest warrior is one who does not need to kill.

Stephen R. Donaldson
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:03 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:The Warriors Creed

Stephen R. Donaldson

Are you in the correct thread right now?
Post by Annachie   » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:17 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

gcomeau wrote:Are you in the correct thread right now?

Half the time I wonder if he's in the correct reality. ;)

You know, as a philosopher, Adam Savage has a lot to answer for.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:29 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Annachie wrote:
gcomeau wrote:Are you in the correct thread right now?

Half the time I wonder if he's in the correct reality. ;)

His missives *do* have that "greetings from a parallel universe" quality to them...
Post by smr   » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:25 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Definitely! Just whose screw is loose? Or tis all? :lol:
Post by Daryl   » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:09 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Talking with my father and his friends about WW2, plus friends of mine from Vietnam, the constant message was that they were more worried by "Friendly fire" from US forces than from that from the enemy.
Spray and pray was a common description.
smr wrote:The Warriors Creed

Stephen R. Donaldson

Return to Politics