Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ThinksMarkedly and 42 guests

problems with Baen ebook section

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
problems with Baen ebook section
Post by Dauntless   » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:54 am

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

i've ben trying to access my collection of baen ebooks for over 2 weeks and it is not having it.

i enter usename and password which are accepted quite happily and it then take me to ebook home page as it should but for some reason it doesn't actually log me in as the only books i can access are from the free library.

anyone else having problems?
Re: problems with Baen ebook section
Post by Duckk   » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:09 pm

Duckk
Site Admin

I logged in fine just now. What browser are you using, and are you using any browser extensions that might interfere with cookies or Javascript?
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Post by Dauntless   » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:24 pm

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

using firefox and have been for years.

not aware of any extensions
Post by Dauntless   » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:12 pm

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

well just checked and i can log in and access via Chrome but not firefox. but it was fine until the other week.

hopefully it gets fixed in another update further down the line. I'll just have to use chrome for the Baen site.

thanks for checking.
Post by Robert_A_Woodward   » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:09 am

Robert_A_Woodward
Captain of the List

Dauntless wrote:i've ben trying to access my collection of baen ebooks for over 2 weeks and it is not having it.

i enter usename and password which are accepted quite happily and it then take me to ebook home page as it should but for some reason it doesn't actually log me in as the only books i can access are from the free library.

anyone else having problems?

I had problems until I cleared the cookies. BTW, there was still a problem with the webpage acknowledging that I had logged on (I had to go to another page, e.g., "Monthly Baen Bundles" to see the logged on message), but that has now been fixed.
----------------------------
Beowulf was bad.
(first sentence of Chapter VI of _Space Viking_ by H. Beam Piper)

Return to Honorverse