Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 44 guests

Eridani Edict Violation of the most Dismissive Kind...

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Eridani Edict Violation of the most Dismissive Kind...
Post by cthia   » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:04 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Isn't everyone in their right mind in the collective galaxy already out for MA blood? Everyone's internal tricorders are locked and set to identify Malign signatures.* So why should that matter to the Malign? I've said it again and again. I think the Malign has shown, for the most part, that they are not afraid of reprisals.

Let's not get it twisted. Albrecht was the one scorned. He is the only one with a few bones to pick with the universe at large. And he didn't give aratsass who else got angry. The galaxy isn't scorned. Albrecht won that trophy for the malign household centuries ago.

*Incidentally. the technology displayed in the Torch series where the Scraggs were tracking Lars and Berry should be standard issue on every RMN officer. A tricorder of sorts. I don't think the GA has any MA DNA. But the device can be set to identify non strains of normal DNA.

Does Simoes himself represent any MA DNA? Or at least the MA signature, with over the top enhancements?

Nimitz1923PD wrote:
cthia wrote:If I were the MAlign with a malignant mind and the Mensa ability to see many moves into the future, I'd look to level the playing field in the end game and target the players while they're still young. The MA can target Harrington's offspring. That will go a long way to destroy the future nemises and break the present nemesis.

A century later the Malign can go back to the future, now.

The problem with that theory. They know the Detweilers still exist & Beowulf will be out for MA blood after 43 million civilian deaths.

Nimitz

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Nimitz1923PD   » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:19 pm

Nimitz1923PD
Commander

Isn't everyone in their right mind in the collective galaxy already out for MA blood? Everyone's internal tricorders are locked and set to identify Malign signatures.* So why should that matter to the Malign? I've said it again and again. I think the Malign has shown, for the most part, that they are not afraid of reprisals.

Let's not get it twisted. Albrecht was the one scorned. He is the only one with a few bones to pick with the universe at large. And he didn't give aratsass who else got angry. The galaxy isn't scorned. Albrecht won that trophy for the malign household centuries ago.

*Incidentally. the technology displayed in the Torch series where the Scraggs were tracking Lars and Berry should be standard issue on every RMN officer. A tricorder of sorts. I don't think the GA has any MA DNA. But the device can be set to identify non strains of normal DNA.

Does Simoes himself represent any MA DNA? Or at least the MA signature, with over the top enhancements?

Nimitz1923PD wrote:
cthia wrote:If I were the MAlign with a malignant mind and the Mensa ability to see many moves into the future, I'd look to level the playing field in the end game and target the players while they're still young. The MA can target Harrington's offspring. That will go a long way to destroy the future nemises and break the present nemesis.

The problem with that theory. They know the Detweilers still exist & Beowulf will be out for MA blood after 43 million civilian deaths.

[/quote]

Duckk says: Spoilers need to be marked. Highlight text below to see original comment.

No Most SL people do not think The MA exists

it has only been a few months since Kingsford CNO SLN has even considered MA Moles -

Nov/Dec 1922PD and 10th Fleet
has not even started the MESA investigation

Nimitz
Post by cthia   » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:35 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Nimitz1923PD wrote:

cthia wrote:Isn't everyone in their right mind in the collective galaxy already out for MA blood? Everyone's internal tricorders are locked and set to identify Malign signatures.* So why should that matter to the Malign? I've said it again and again. I think the Malign has shown, for the most part, that they are not afraid of reprisals.

Most SL people are not in their right mind.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Nimitz1923PD   » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:14 am

Nimitz1923PD
Commander

cthia wrote:

cthia wrote:Isn't everyone in their right mind in the collective galaxy already out for MA blood? Everyone's internal tricorders are locked and set to identify Malign signatures.* So why should that matter to the Malign? I've said it again and again. I think the Malign has shown, for the most part, that they are not afraid of reprisals.

Most SL people are not in their right mind.[/quote]

^^-----'''''---''''''#-----'''--- :mrgreen:
True - but we have our own example on educated ignorance called Public Schools in 2018 America

Nimitz
Post by n7axw   » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:41 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Duckk says: unmarked spoilers. Highlight to view original comment.

Just a question... Is that 43 million figure Beowulf alone, or does it include the Yawatta strike?

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by saber964   » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:17 pm

saber964
Admiral

IIRC the Doomsday Plane official name was NEACP (Knee Cap) National Emergency Airborne Command Post.
Post by Armed Neo-Bob   » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:01 pm

Armed Neo-Bob
Captain of the List

n7axw wrote:Just a question... Is that 43 million figure Beowulf alone, or does it include the Yawatta strike?

Don

-

the figure is a SPOILER introduced into a NON SPOILER thread without warning by Nimitz. So if you really want an answer (aren't you waiting for the print version?) it is below. It is also a SPOILER and this is my WARNING. :)

Uncompromising Honor wrote:“The Yawata Strike, carried out—we believe—by the Alignment, killed eight million people, including the total population of the city of Yawata, where ninety percent of my own family lived. The SLN was prepared to murder six million more in Hypatia. And two weeks ago, the SLN attacked Beowulf—the oldest extrasolar colony in the galaxy, the star system which led the fight to save this star system’s population from extinction after old Earth’s Final War, the star system which sponsored the Solarian League’s Constitution. And in the course of that attack, over forty-three million civilian citizens of Beowulf were killed.”

Rob
Post by n7axw   » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:09 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Armed Neo-Bob wrote:
n7axw wrote:Just a question... Is that 43 million figure Beowulf alone, or does it include the Yawatta strike?

Don

-

the figure is a SPOILER introduced into a NON SPOILER thread without warning by Nimitz. So if you really want an answer (aren't you waiting for the print version?) it is below. It is also a SPOILER and this is my WARNING. :)

Uncompromising Honor wrote:“The Yawata Strike, carried out—we believe—by the Alignment, killed eight million people, including the total population of the city of Yawata, where ninety percent of my own family lived. The SLN was prepared to murder six million more in Hypatia. And two weeks ago, the SLN attacked Beowulf—the oldest extrasolar colony in the galaxy, the star system which led the fight to save this star system’s population from extinction after old Earth’s Final War, the star system which sponsored the Solarian League’s Constitution. And in the course of that attack, over forty-three million civilian citizens of Beowulf were killed.”

Rob

Thank you. Spoilers don't bother me at all. In fact for myself I think they are fun.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by ldwechsler   » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:09 pm

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

Nimitz1923PD wrote:

Most SL people are not in their right mind.[/quote]

^^-----'''''---''''''#-----'''--- :mrgreen:
True - but we have our own example on educated ignorance called Public Schools in 2018 America

Nimitz[/quote]

Most of the people in the SL were NOT out of their minds. Yes, some of the schools were probably awful (I just finished reading an article about a disaster in a school in The Bronx where essentially the ordered from above lack of discipline turned a good school into a sort of "Lord of the Flies."

But ignorance and stupidity are different things. Most of the people in the SL didn't care too much what was going on in the League because it had almost no influence on them.

Yes, there were protectorates, etc., where it was important and people behaved rationally (they might be opposed to what was going on but no one wants to die).

And the media can have a mighty influence even if it lies.

Return to Honorverse