Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 44 guests

Why no Detweiler regular kids?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Why no Detweiler regular kids?
Post by Nimitz1923PD   » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:08 pm

Nimitz1923PD
Commander

pappilon wrote:
Nimitz1923PD wrote:Nimitz

The western intelligentsia pretty much all supported Eugenics prior to WW2. Somehow it lost popularity afterward. Though the Europeans seem to want to revive Aktion T4.

Maggeret Sanger founder of Planned Parenthood used it as a vehicle to exterminate Africans

After the Civil War they created Liberia in Africa to ship them to

You might say PP was Sangers "Final Solution"

Nimitz[/quote]

Biggest supporter of eugenics I've found is MENSA. Of course, the white supremacists are also huge fans, too.[/quote]

That is what the orignal World Wide Civil Service Government Exams were created for - Keep the undesirables as far away from Government Power as possible

And Lefty Democrats have not changed since

Nimitz
Post by cthia   » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:16 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Somatic cell nuclear transfer (SCNT). If this method, Evelina is used only to supply the egg. The nucleus containing her DNA is removed leaving an empty shell. Albrecht's is then substituted to produce the embryo.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Nimitz1923PD   » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:44 pm

Nimitz1923PD
Commander

cthia wrote:Somatic cell nuclear transfer (SCNT). If this method, Evelina is used only to supply the egg. The nucleus containing her DNA is removed leaving an empty shell. Albrecht's is then substituted to produce the embryo.

Well just a couple days ago physicists found a particle that should not exist called a
"Sterile Neutrino"

Nimitz
Post by cthia   » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:57 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Nimitz1923PD wrote:
cthia wrote:Somatic cell nuclear transfer (SCNT). If this method, Evelina is used only to supply the egg. The nucleus containing her DNA is removed leaving an empty shell. Albrecht's is then substituted to produce the embryo.

Well just a couple days ago physicists found a particle that should not exist called a
"Sterile Neutrino"

Nimitz

I've never agreed. Even applied to religion it is unintuitive.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by ldwechsler   » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:10 pm

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

cthia wrote:
Nimitz1923PD wrote:Somatic cell nuclear transfer (SCNT). If this method, Evelina is used only to supply the egg. The nucleus containing her DNA is removed leaving an empty shell. Albrecht's is then substituted to produce the embryo.

"Sterile Neutrino"

Nimitz

I've never agreed. Even applied to religion it is unintuitive.[/quote]

It still makes no sense. She has been described as a top scientist and one would expect "only the best" for the top Alpha male. Keep in mind the Dets are the real rulers of whole Alignment.

What kind of intelligent, perhaps brilliant woman, would go along without having her old child? Emily eventually decided to do it. Why wouldn't Evalina?
Post by Nimitz1923PD   » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:30 pm

Nimitz1923PD
Commander

ldwechsler wrote:[quote="cthia"Somatic cell nuclear transfer (SCNT). If this method, Evelina is used only to supply the egg. The nucleus containing her DNA is removed leaving an empty shell. Albrecht's is then substituted to produce the embryo.

"Sterile Neutrino"

Nimitz[/quote]
I've never agreed. Even applied to religion it is unintuitive.[/quote]

It still makes no sense. She has been described as a top scientist and one would expect "only the best" for the top Alpha male. Keep in mind the Dets are the real rulers of whole Alignment.

What kind of intelligent, perhaps brilliant woman, would go along without having her old child? Emily eventually decided to do it. Why wouldn't Evalina?[/quote]

Not being a woman I have no clue what lurkes in a womans mind -

That said

She must have concluded The MA goals had a higher priority for her

Nimitz
Post by cthia   » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:36 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:
Nimitz1923PD wrote:Somatic cell nuclear transfer (SCNT). If this method, Evelina is used only to supply the egg. The nucleus containing her DNA is removed leaving an empty shell. Albrecht's is then substituted to produce the embryo.

"Sterile Neutrino"

Nimitz
cthia wrote:I've never agreed. Even applied to religion it is unintuitive.
ldwechsler wrote:It still makes no sense. She has been described as a top scientist and one would expect "only the best" for the top Alpha male. Keep in mind the Dets are the real rulers of whole Alignment.

What kind of intelligent, perhaps brilliant woman, would go along without having her old child? Emily eventually decided to do it. Why wouldn't Evalina?

I asked the same questions in the Detweiler & Sons thread. It seems like Evelina would feel affronted, the natural motherly instinct being highly disrespected, amongst other Freudian considerations also broached in the same thread. shrug

See runsforcelery's post.

Last edited by cthia on Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Weird Harold   » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:37 pm

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

JohnRoth wrote:
ldwechsler wrote:Reading Uncompromising Honor it is clear that the seven Det kids were clones of their dad.
Any ideas?

Minor nit: there are only six of them: Benjamin, Colin, Daniel, Everett, Franklin and Gerevais.

The seventh is Herman, but he's a hermit so we don['t hear about him. :lol:
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Post by cthia   » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:45 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

JohnRoth wrote:
ldwechsler wrote:Reading Uncompromising Honor it is clear that the seven Det kids were clones of their dad.
Any ideas?

Minor nit: there are only six of them: Benjamin, Colin, Daniel, Everett, Franklin and Gerevais.
Weird Harold wrote:The seventh is Herman, but he's a hermit so we don['t hear about him. :lol:

LOL

Or it could be Hubris. What if it is Honor? :o

A cruel cruel joke. Honor, who's really your daddy now?

Post by n7axw   » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:51 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Nimitz1923PD wrote:
That is what the orignal World Wide Civil Service Government Exams were created for - Keep the undesirables as far away from Government Power as possible

And Lefty Democrats have not changed since

Nimitz

This sounds about on the same level as Roseanne's tweet... In short, what in the dickens are you talking about???

Don

_
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.

Return to Honorverse