Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Dear David

In the breaks in his writing schedule, David has promised to stop by and chat for a while!
Dear David
Post by sonex   » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:54 pm

sonex
Lieutenant Commander

I'm on my second pass through the Honorverse, and would like to see a new book with this topic: How the Manticore Wormholes were discovered and explored. Perhaps one of your author friends would like to take a shot at this?
Please, please, please!
Honor Harrington and Safehold nut.
Re: Dear David
Post by runsforcelery   » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:15 am

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

sonex wrote:I'm on my second pass through the Honorverse, and would like to see a new book with this topic: How the Manticore Wormholes were discovered and explored. Perhaps one of your author friends would like to take a shot at this?
Please, please, please!

That's exactly what the Manticore Ascendant books with me, Tim Zahn, and Tom Pope are doing.

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Post by Randomiser   » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:54 am

Randomiser
Rear Admiral

Good to hear it. I wasn't sure if Manticore Ascendant was actually going to get up that far, now that it has expanded from the originally planned trilogy.

Sonex, time seems to be passing pretty slowly in that series and there is still a long way to go in the timeline before the Manties discover the wormholes, far less exploit them properly. As you may have already picked up, our author is an expansive character and his series grow as they go along.
Post by sonex   » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:58 pm

sonex
Lieutenant Commander

Randomiser wrote:Good to hear it. I wasn't sure if Manticore Ascendant was actually going to get up that far, now that it has expanded from the originally planned trilogy.

Sonex, time seems to be passing pretty slowly in that series and there is still a long way to go in the timeline before the Manties discover the wormholes, far less exploit them properly. As you may have already picked up, our author is an expansive character and his series grow as they go along.

That's sure true. Just read RFC's "Schedule Update".
Just hope I have five more good years left :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Going on 83 with Alzheimer's progressing slowly do to good neurologist's medication :P
Honor Harrington and Safehold nut.

Return to David's Dimension